• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Stardust Crusader vs The Huntress-In-Training (8-0-0) (Grace)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is about 99% of summoners have reactions proportional to what they summon, and sometimes actually dodge shit via said reactions... so... I dunno.

That just means they can dodge one or two attacks. If they can repeatedly dodge then it should be combat speed not reaction speed.

@Keeweed Eh, I guess if your idea is to equalize summoned entity's speeds then that could be alright. Consider them essentially another fighter in the battle and have them proportionally equalize down in the same way.

But that is also weird, in that all of the character's summons would be equalized to the same speed, even if some of them are meant to be slower than others canonically. Why would Ben 10 transform into his fast but fragile aliens when they're the same speed as his slow but strong ones? And my aforementioned worry about summoners being the same speed as faster things they summon.

But, if, you're not trying to do this just for summons, and wanna do it for attack speed in general, I'd strongly disagree. Equalizing all speeds makes ranged attacks worthless. You can never shoot someone with a gun from 20m away if they're the same speed as your bullets.

I see where your coming from, so let me break it down

If someone's reaction speed was faster then their combat speed, only by a little, but that combat speed was equalized, said reaction speed would be lowered 1:1 with the combat speed, and as such still be only a little faster.

I'd be neutral about how we would change summoners speeds myself, there are definitely arguments for both sides of the coin.

@Agnaa

I mean the attack speed I can agree with you on, but I’ll think about it.

@ More so everyone.

When it comes to the summons, I mean characters in general are supposed to be faster or slower than each other. It’s a bit jarring having the slower and faster summons be the same, but I believe any solution we come up that (in my opinion relatively small) problem will just make immensely larger ones (like summons almost always just being immensely faster than the opponent). As I was stating earlier this is a terrible time for me to talk about this since I have like no brain power when I’m tired, so I’ll be back tomorrow. I should have left earlier but I needed to get some of my thoughts out to convey why I found the rules to be a bit messy.

That just means they can dodge one or two attacks. If they can repeatedly dodge then it should be combat speed not reaction speed.
Kinda how it is for JoJo lads bar some exceptions, they can like do a quick sidestep or body turn to dodge fast attacks, but they ain't gonna be tossing hands for actual lengths of time at that speed, moving large distances, or doing constant dodges in rapid succession. (Unless you're Part 5).

Like Jotaro could probably see a fast attack coming, and move his body or pivot a bit out of the way, but he wouldn't be able to do that like 10 times in a row without delay like Dio who can like backflip and do leaps and shit around attacks while doing his own attacks while he does it.

(Now I know those aren't the best examples due to context of the scenes, but generally, it's kinda like that, with some variance, like Jotaro could probably do a quick burst of movement if he must or maybe a tad bit more but generally speaking).

Kinda how it is for JoJo lads bar some exceptions, they can like do a quick sidestep or body turn to dodge fast attacks, but they ain't gonna be tossing hands for actual lengths of time at that speed, moving large distances, or doing constant dodges in rapid succession. (Unless you're Part 5).

Like Jotaro could probably see a fast attack coming, and move his body or pivot a bit out of the way, but he wouldn't be able to do that like 10 times in a row without delay like Dio who can like backflip and do leaps and shit around attacks while doing his own attacks while he does it.

(Now I know those aren't the best examples due to context of the scenes, but generally, it's kinda like that, with some variance, like Jotaro could probably do a quick burst of movement if he must or maybe a tad bit more but generally speaking).

True. Then there's like, that Anubis vs Jotaro scene, where he like, kicked.

I don’t think it is a stomp. A very decisive win, but I’ve seen much more decisive matches be added. She literally one hits him if she lands a hit. Jotaro also doesn’t come anywhere close to instant killing her. It’s just cartoonishly hard for her to hit him, but it shouldn’t be a stomp.

No it got removed for a reason, yang literally can't hit him because star platinum will prevent it and she can't harm SP to do any damage

No it got removed for a reason, yang literally can't hit him because star platinum will prevent it and she can't harm SP to do any damage
I, personally, don’t think it should have been remove but I don’t think we have a thread to readd matches that were removed so oh well.

Yeah she can’t harm star platinum but she can very easily kill the 9-B Jotaro if she gets past Star Platinum and I don’t see why that would be impossible for her to do.

Remember when Jotoro tired to shoot himself and sp grabbed it. Basically sp will protect Jotoro from any attacks on its own as sp has a mind of its own

Yeah I know it is protecting Jotaro, but that’s just her lose condition. She loses if she can’t get past SP while she wins if she does. It’s not impossible for her to get past SP, it’s ridiculously hard, especially with time stop added into the mix, but it’s not literally impossible which is what a stomp is supposed to be. She has win conditions, a ton if she gets past SP, it’s just that SP is a better win condition for Jotaro.

If the match was agreed to be a stomp then I'll close this thread, if you two want to discuss it further you should take it to your walls where everyone else that was discussing it unrelated to the subject of it being a stomp won't get notified of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back