• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The SCP CRT: Two and a Half Years in the Making

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir_Ovens

Resident Kitchen Appliance
VS Battles
Administrator

Introduction​

As the title states, this is a CRT that started almost 2 and a half years ago when Dargoo abandoned us. Now, we can finally put this to rest.

Before we start, I'd first like to acknowledge everyone who helped to make this possible:

Agnaa
Dargoo Faust
Hl3 or bust
Holyhotsauce
Iapitus The Impaler
Saikou the Lewd King
Sir Ovens
Tllmbrg
Ultima Reality

Now without further ado...

What's Changing​

Alright, to start off us off, everyone and their grandmothers are 1-B currently. This is wrong on multiple levels, and I will break it down for everyone.

First off, the two scans that prove this come from SCP-2637 and the tale "Nobody Dies". I will address the skip first.

SCP-2637 is a chunk of granite that radiates a signal. The description of SCP-2637 doesn't matter. What matters is that the skip mentions two-dimensional dudes trying to contact 196,884-dimensional beings. Now the issue with this is that nowhere does it say that these 196,884-dimensional beings actually exist. The two-dimensional dudes were just trying to contact them. Which is an important distinction.

Now for the tale. The exact quote reads like this:

"The Critic stared at the circle of metal. He stared into the thin coating of paint, literally inside its composition, then noticed the pattern of brushwork. It was not completed in discrete layers, in fact, the brushstrokes seemed to weave together in three dimensions, the dried paint tangled impossibly. It was so subtle that, in fact, nobody would ever notice it. Nobody but Nobody. He looked deeper, beyond the coating, into the metallurgical structure of the disc. The internal flow seemed to twist and turn through impossible spaces, incredible tension pulling the fabric of reality taut within the hardened disc. He looked deeper, into the molecular structure; there he saw five-dimensional warping that should, by all accounts, cause the disc to shatter into dust. The atomic structure was bent through eight dimensions, beneath that, the protons were pulled across eighteen; the constituent quarks below were crackling across twenty six and below that he could feel the tension of uncountable vectors in uncountable spaces. The Critic inhaled deeply, apprehension setting in. Ruiz cackled madly."

Now the issue with this is that the uncountable dimensions here are used to refer to the inside of an art piece. We have no way of knowing if these dimensions are real, or even qualify under our standards for dimensions. Moreover, the description brings up the idea of fractured dimensions that fracture more and more until it becomes uncountable. This is not how real dimensions work.

Now for the icing on the cake: Yaldabaoth's famous "can destroy every dimension and all existence in the SCP multiverse". Yeah it was straight up retconned. The page where this quote originates from just does not exist anymore. But here's the thing. Even if it did, it would still mean nothing because of the two issues I brought up above, on top of the fact that we have no idea the extent of the reach for such an all encompassing statement with no specifics.

As such, 1-B has to go.

The Basics​

Now before we get into the who's where and what, let's start with the basics.

The Tree​

Most of the lore in SCP takes place within this construct known as the Tree. It houses a sort of hierarchy, wherein the higher up the tree you go, the stronger you are. I will explain the hierarchy later on, but for now, just know that this is where most of what is to follow is where everything resides.

Yesod​

As stated in The Star and the Smith, Yesod-With-Faces is a multiverse within the Tree created by Anghammarad the giant. There is a description of Yesod in So They Called Him Darke, however, that description is "neither literal nor accurate" and thus it won't be used for cosmology purposes. However, Yesod is described as being threatened by both the Scarlet King and The Hanged King. This is important for scaling.

The Multiverse​

Now comes the Foundation multiverse. There are way too many sources of the multiverse being infinite so I'll just do a short lightning round.

The Deep End - The Foundation accidentally cause the universe to have infinite timelines:

Symmetry? Is that what you call an infinite number of alternate time lines due to one cocked-up experiment?

A Wandsman in the Court of the Hanged King - The multiverse has infinite "worlds". These "worlds" refer to universes:

I write to you, dearest reader, from a certain bibliothecal nexus. I have bartered with the shades and expect my latest travelogue to, piece by piece, reach the infinite worlds: they know of the dark corners, the secret places and Janus Doors, in which to deliver my folios.

SCP-001 (WMDD's Proposal) - The Foundation can create infinite universes:

Project Altis is the century-long engineering and development of a "Multiversal Creation Engine," which allows the Foundation to create artificial realities adjacent to the mainline reality. The Altis Engine is capable of creating a potentially infinite number of said mirror timelines.

Sarkic Cosmology - According to Sarkic mythology, the multiverse is infinite:

The observable universe is one among a finite or infinite number of possible universes (contained within the meta-universe); each universe can in turn be divided into a finite or infinite number of iterations. The structure of the meta-universe, the natural laws which allow for the manifestation of universes, is eternal - without beginning or end; universes, on the other hand, are created and eventually destroyed.

SCP-4555 - The multiverse is infinite and part of a larger multiverse:

Like a string of beads, chained throughout reality, universe after universe, each exceeding the last in their vast wealth of knowledge. We were only the second in a chain that went on forever.
And when MUORG followed that chain, they found that it did more than continue indefinitely. One string of worlds reached its limit, somehow, impossibly, one of those many before it had figured out how to allow the process to go on forever, terminating in a single, infinitely far away, limiting world.

And then they'd continued.

That limiting world had spawned another more advanced still, and that one another. And they'd created another limit. Two infinite chains standing beginning to end. Then three, four, five….

The mathematicians working for us at the time said they were following a pattern called "transfinite recursion". A process by which a linear ordering could be extended beyond the simple infinity of "1, 2, 3…".

First an infinite chain of universes. Then 2, then 3…

Then an infinite chain of infinite chains. Then 2, then 3.

Then repeat. Each time there are as many of the last thing as there are numbers, repeat again.

In the end, each universe had a place in an order that was as deep as mathematically possible.

Third Law Hub - A description of the multiverse by the Third Law Hub:

The section of reality composed of a baseline universe and all of its associated branch universes. Many multiverses are known to exist throughout reality, although the total number is impossible to know with certainty (and is possibly infinite). Travel between multiverses is extraordinarily difficult and exceedingly rare.

The Complicated Stuff​

Now let's move on to the complex (no pun intended) multiversal stuff.

The Noosphere​

This one is a doozy simply because of how complicated it is. Anyway, to put it plainly, the Noosphere is an ideological space wherein all of human information, every thought and idea, is stored as a collective. The Noosphere resides within what is known as the Infosphere, the set of all collective information. Now, as stated in A Thin Dangerous Line, there exists several alien Noospheres with much higher complexities than that of humanity. This brings us to SCP-5800. SCP-5800 is the Fifth dimension (not to be confused with just 5th dimensional space, as it actually exists on a greater scale than that). It is a Noospheric subspace where hostile ideas attack each other on a conceptual level. A Thin Dangerous Line also introduced to us hostile 5th dimensional meme structures, which exist within normal Noospheric space, thus proving that the standard human Noosphere is at least 5D. Just their shadows are observably 3 dimensional.

SCP-5800​

SCP-5800 introduces us to this little nugget of information:

"Right, so what we've learned so far about SCP-5800 is that it's an ecological ideaspace for extremely volatile abstract concepts. These things have a hierarchy of sorts which is dictated by the size of these beings.

I use the term "size" loosely because th- [coughs] there ah… these things are presented in sets of infinities; like how many integers or natural numbers there are in- in mathematics. The sheer size of these- these beings are defined as uncountable infinities. Despite logic telling us that there can't be anything larger in scale than… well… infinity.

Yeah, I know to the average layman that can't be possible. But it's very much true. These beings are represented by their "aleph numbers": numbers which represent the cardinality of infinite sets. Professor Hutchinson stated that such beings exist in these numbers and have been known to for quite some time."

Essentially, each larger being within SCP-5800 is infinitely stronger than the last. Now SCP-5800's aperture or "entrance" so to speak, is a "5-polytope manifold", which would mean that it is literally 5th dimensional.

SCP-5800 also mentions SCP-3125 as a resident idea. In fact, the whole article is a Fifthist article, with SCP-3125 being the Fifthist God.

What This Means​

Let me summarize, SCP-5800 is an ecological idea space where infinitely larger abstract and conceptual creatures consume infinitely smaller abstract and conceptual creatures, and SCP-3125 is a part of that ecosystem. Based on SCP-3125's entire canon series, we know that there exists different sets of Noospheres within the entire Infosphere, the entrance of which, is a 5 dimensional opening.

This means that at the very least, the lowest Noosphere (AKA the Human Noosphere) would be at least 5D, and creatures like SCP-3125 are infinitely stronger than the last, going up to an unknown limit. This makes sense as SCP-3125 is stated as having "Θ'-dimensional fractal topology", which is a whole number between 5 and 6. This means that the Noosphere is a Low 1-C construct.

The Scaling​

Alright, we have set up the groundwork, now let's get to the meat and bones.

The Low Elder Gods​

This refers to creatures like Yaldabaoth, Mekhane, and The Hanged King. Yaldabaoth and The Hanged King all have statements of being able to either harm the Tree, or the Library, which is the source of the Tree. As Yesod and the Foundation multiverse both reside within the Tree, this is a 2-A feat. Furthermore, Yaldabaoth being constantly referred to as a universal threat, with the universe having infinite timelines, would also lend credence to it having a 2-A tier.

The Scarlet King​

The Scarlet King before the "War for Creation" (an event where the Scarlet King burnt down most of the tree in his war against The Brothers Death) was strong enough to enslave Low Elder Gods, but was still regarded as an insect by All-Death. Later on during the War for Creation, the Scarlet King managed to amass enough power to break through the underside of the Tree and wage war within it. This marked the destruction of a vast majority of reality up to the level of The Brothers Death. This war saw the Scarlet King claiming Yesod as his throne, and burning of the Library. Their war also affected the Noosphere. To quote The Thing at the Bottom of My Dreams:

"Reality as you know it was thrown into a pot and stirred. Subsequently, the divine peas mixed in with the memetic mashed potatoes and the extra-universal gravy. The gods waged war, physics broke down, and the noosphere turned in on itself. We will be at leisure to talk about it later."

Given the above, we know that the Scarlet King is capable of affecting the Noosphere to the extent where even human thought is starting to lose itself. From before, we know that the Noosphere, at least the human one, is at least 5D, therefore The Scarlet King should sit at 2-A, possibly Low 1-C during the War for Creation. Those who scale would include The Brothers Death, and the 8 people who fought the Scarlet King during the end of the War for Creation.

Those Beyond​

I've missed out tons of factions and entities, but rest assured, they will be addressed. Entities that scale above the Low Elder Gods but have never shown any power close to The Scarlet King will upscale from the Low Elder Gods and scale to plain 2-A

The Scarlet King, The Brothers Death, and Isabel Helga Anastasia Parvati Wondertainment V all scale to each other, and likewise, those who scale above them would upscale. Those who would upscale would include He-Who-Made-Light, He-Who-Made-Dark, ALEXYLVA, The High Elder Gods, and the All-Mighty. It should go without saying, but any who scale to them would get the appropriate level of 2-A, possibly Low 1-C as well.

The Infospheric Entities​

The Infosphere has a vastly different cosmology compared to the cosmology of the Tree. Therefore, those who scale to the Infosphere will have a separate scaling system. All creatures like SCP-5712, SCP-3125, and WILD LIGHT, will be Low 1-C

Miscellaneous Stuff​

Considering a large majority of our SCP profiles scale to the God tiers, they will have to be looked at again and re-evaluated for their scaling. Character profiles like Doctor Wondertainment need to be deleted in their entirety because they don't diegetically exist in canon. Wondertainment should be split into individual Wondertainment personas like Isabel, or Cornelius.

The reason why Low Elder God level and Scarlet King level has a jump in-between is because thus far, I have not seen any Low Elder God level entity fight a Scarlet King entity evenly. This goes for any entity who scales like the DEER, Cain, Able, etc. I actually have a hierarchy drawn up here that more or less accurately accesses the scaling of the verse. Feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong or need any clarification on why they're placed where they are.

Also an added side thing for Saikou, who wants to revise Swann's Proposal. Basically an addition of two new keys (Article Canon and True Authors). Thanks to SCP-5500, we know that there are authors above the baseline 1-A ones who transcend and manipulate them. The changes are simple, removing Non-Corporeality and adding type 8 Immortality for baseline Swann reliant on the True Authors.

Conclusion​

TL;DR:

Low Elder Gods, Pre-War for Creation Scarlet King, Early Man (Cain, Able, Seth), Bigfoots (SCP-1000), the Fae, and all who scale: 2-A

War for Creation Scarlet King, the Spear Bearers, the DEER, SCP-001 (Djoric-Dmatix Proposal) (The Tzadikim Nistarim), The Brothers Death, and all who scale: 2-A, possibly Low 1-C

SCP-3125: Low 1-C

Swann: At least 1-A for True Authors and Low 2-C for article canon

Last edited:
Yes everyone should be 11-A

Jokes aside obviously I fully support this

Entire CRT canceled because Iap wants a wording change.

But uh yeah. This seems fine except for the whole "Noospheric beings are Low 1-C." I understand 3125 but why the others?

Human Noosphere, which is what the non Noospheric God tiers scale to, is 5D. The so called "Bottom Feeder" resides there and is the weakest of the species. Logically, every other Noospheric creature would be at least that level.

Human Noosphere, which is what the non Noospheric God tiers scale to, is 5D. The so called "Bottom Feeder" resides there and is the weakest of the species. Logically, every other Noospheric creature would be at least that level.
I'm gonna guess you mean Infosphere based on the context

latest

What the... This is way too peaceful for me.

I mean sure but existing in a 5-D space doesn't make you 5-D. SK is 5-D because it damaged the entire structure and 3125 is 5-D because it actually is 5-D itself. The Bottom Feeders just exist in this space and do things, but nothing indicates they're 5-D themselves. You'd have to prove the Noosphere and all of its content being 5-D here.

The mad lad, you did it.

No complaints. This is basically what I was gunning for all the while back when I started planning this. We've discussed this so extensively over the SCP Discord that I sadly can't really think of anything substantial to add to this.

There was an argument that was brought up about 3800 entities being infinitely larger the higher you go up. However, Agnaa had an issue with this that I'm forgetting now. Basically, 3800 confirms that these creatures themselves were infinitely larger, so they should be 5D themselves. But again, I'm not too sure what Agnaa's augment against that was, so you will have to ask him.

I'm all for Infospheric entities below 3125 being Unknown as of now if it's agreed upon.

I agree with all of the cosmology updates and stuff, although I do believe we should have some debate on exactly what the 5800 entities existing within alephs entails.

Get Agnaa here then.

It's not like the 5800 entities really matter anymore since no one scales to the Infosphere in its entirety.

I feel like I'm gonna start another discord-like shitstorm but

the 5800 entities only exist within 5800, which is a sealed-off portion of the human Noosphere, so I have no clue what you mean by that.

Infosphere stuff is small potatoes compared to the 2-A stuff since only 4 or 5 characters in the grand scheme of things scale to it at this moment.

I believe that a greater argument should be had on a different thread, but 3125 should still get Low 1-C because our description of the tier would warrant it so.

Last edited:
Hm. Given that the Noosphere's a realm of all thought and information, wouldn't destroying a 2-A amount of shit affect it indirectly by default? Think how you could create a disturbance in the Warp by doing something ridiculous, but that doesn't make you 1-A.

The thing is that TBD and SK colliding caused random human beings who had no idea the war was happening to immediately be seen by 3125. The Serpent even confirmed that they affected the Noosphere as a construct, and not just the ideas within.

Okay, but if your construct is composed of ideas there's not a difference behind that. Doing weird shit in 40k will do some stuff to the warp's structure, because of what that structure is. I'm also not sure why making humans visible is an AP feat, and you seem to be missing the link to that statement by the serpent.

I linked it already. The tale is The Thing at the Bottom of my Dreams.

The construct houses ideas. The construct itself is at the very least 5D since the aperture to enter it is an ever evolving 5D construct. In fact, 5D is a lowball since the very opening to the realm is constantly increasing in dimensions.

I feel like I'm gonna start another discord-like shitstorm but

the 5800 entities only exist within 5800, which is a sealed-off portion of the human Noosphere, so I have no clue what you mean by that.
The point of both 5712 and 3125 being major threats is that they managed to leave 5800 and enter the normal human noosphere, right? Also, its an "alien noosphere," not ours, but its not like that matters much to the CRT at hand

yes, that is why they are threats. Also also, there's no indication that 5800 is in another Noosphere. 3125 and 5712 both came from another noosphere but ended up in 5800 at first, and 5800 is, again, a sealed-off portion of the human Noosphere as the article directly states.

@OP I was going to leave a post saying that SK and above should just be Low 1-C, but after seeing Wokistan's argument I think he has a good point, with the way it's worded and the nature of the Noosphere, I don't think it would actually have to be directly affected, meaning that SK has no reason to scale, and the ones above him should just be 2-A.

I'm also very worried that the scaling hasn't been re-evaluated yet for our profiles. I never liked the idea of this CRT being made before we had a good handle on where all the god-tiers stand, and given your statement of needing to look at them again, I get spooked.

I don't know enough about Wondertainment to comment on its deletion.

The Swann revision might be fine, I haven't read the tale in question.

@Ovens/Saikou I agree with Saikou that the weakest noospheric beings have no reason to be 5-D. Existing in a 5-D realm and one being being 5-D does not make them all 5-D, and it especially does not make them 5-D in a way that counts for our tiering system.

@Hl3 That post reads as nonsesnse to me. 5800 is in another noosphere because it's where 3125 came from, and 3125 came from an alien noosphere. What the hell is this mental gymnastics you're pulling where 3125 went from 5800 to another noosphere before coming back to ours (which is also 5800) and suddenly it causes problems? It feels like a real ******* stretch to justify 5800 just flat-out contradicting 3125 and multiple other tales.

What in the goddamn ****

Where the hell is it stated anywhere that 5800 is in another Noosphere. The article itself contradicts that, so it's just objectively not the case. 5800 doesn't contradict a damn thing, as already shown, outside of things that are just patently false.

Where the hell is it stated anywhere that 5800 is in another Noosphere.

If you'd finish reading that sentence I already explained that: 5800 is in another noosphere because it's where 3125 came from, and 3125 came from an alien noosphere.

And this is now becoming very similar to the arguments we had on this before, which showcase a distinct inability for several people to connect the ******* dots.

5800 is a sealed-off portion of the Noosphere that contains ideas detrimental to human mental function. Ecosystems that are separated from each other evolve in very different ways, and as the Noosphere and the ideas within are constantly described in ecological terms, it makes perfect sense that the ideas in 5800 would be extremely alien in the same way old world and new world primates are.

And there are multiple statements for 3125 saying that it came from an alien noosphere. I know that 5800 says it's a sealed off portion of our noosphere, but that contradicts because of those 3125 statements.

So which one should we hold over the other?

Well, 3125's articles are higher rated, showing more community acceptance. And there's more tales involving those statements than the one article about 5800.

And come the **** on dude, it's called an "alien noosphere" because it's from a noosphere that's not our own. You're saying that 5800 is a part of our noosphere, a contradiction.

Read my post again.

The Noosphere and even the infosphere in general are constantly described like an ecosystem, as they essentially are ecosystems, just for ideas rather than physical animals. When Noosphere = ecosystem, 5800 being alien while still within our Noosphere makes sense and contradicts nothing. Your logic is akin to saying that different physical ecosystems exist on different planets entirely.

That is not an accurate analogy. When we talk about alien ecosystems in the way you're describing, they're wholly separate, one does not subsume the other. But under 5800's description, it is a subset of our Noosphere. It'd be like saying that the desert is an alien ecology to Earth.

Unless I misunderstood you/5800 and 5800 is actually cut off from the Noosphere in such a way that it's no longer inside it at all, and thus its size is irrelevant to the size of the Noosphere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back