• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Saitama Paradox

Ryukama

Joke Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
Hello. As we all know, Saitama is a limitless, invincible gag character who can never be beaten and defeats anyone in a single punch. However just like other forms of omnipotence, this one comes with its paradoxes.

Can Saitama one punch himself? If yes then that means Saitama isn't invincible and can be beaten. If no then that means Saitama has limits and can't defeat anyone in a single punch.

What do you guys think?

Thinkama

It depends on whether we take his one-punch ability as a form of hax or raw AP.

If it's AP, I think it's safe to say he cannot one-punch himself, as he can withstand the force of his own punch and thus shouldn't be susceptible to it.

However, if it's a form of one-shotting hax, then I think it's safe to say he can. After all, he's never shown defense against this kind of hax, so if it's used against him, how can he defend himself?

Such is the nature of the One-Punch Man.

@Ever But Saitama is supposed to be strong enough to one punch anyone. If he can't one punch himself that means he isn't strong enough to one punch anyone. And therefore his punching power has limits. Also even if it is hax, the fact that the hax could work on him means Saitama isn't invincible.

OVOVOVOVOVOVOVOVOVOVOVOVOVO

But when has Saitama ever been claimed to be invincible? It's just been that he's stronger than anyone.

I think you're wanking him just a bit here.

@Ever Saitama is a gag character so he is invincible though. That's literally the joke. He always wins. You're just a salty DB fan who doesn't get the nature of the series!

I hope you know I'm joking and that you're playing along.

I am too, I'm just jokingly taking this seriously because I feel it's more fun than the one line comments everyone else is using.

The Everlasting said:
I am too, I'm just jokingly taking this seriously because I feel it's more fun than the one line comments everyone else is using.
When you joke around with @Ryukama you have to underline it's a joke at least twice no matter how obvious the joke might be.

Unite My Rice said:
Newton's third law proves that he can in fact, take his own punches. ƒñö
Saitama's a gag character so the laws of physics are irrelevant to him though ƒñö ƒñö ƒñö ƒñö

Unite My Rice said:
Does he B R E A T H E? ƒñöƒñöƒñöƒñöƒñöƒñöƒñö
Yes and Boros could've defeated him if he kicked slightly more to the right but Saitama is still utterly unbeatable against anyone from any verse cause reasons.

Does that mean Boros is limitless to since he still thought he could beat Saitama after saying he had no limits?

Back