• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Rain Guardian vs The Pirate Hunter (Takeshi Yamamoto vs Roronoa Zoro)

Last edited:
Zoro proves himself as the superior swordsman, and skillstomps. Zoro has the slight ap advantage, and observation haki only helps him. Zoro's observation counters a lot of Yamamoto's moves, while Yamamoto doesn't have anything to help him against an aggressive, but smart fighter like Zoro. Even if Takeshi were to somehow be able to prolong the fight, Zoro's stamina is vastly superior to Takeshi's. Zoro is a character that goes for the one shot, while Takeshi doesn't go fully serious at the start.

Zoro is by no means a better swordsmen than Yamamoto. More experienced? Sure. But more skilled!?
Yamamoto with no prior sword training could copy the best sword techniques in the entire KHR world after seeing them only once.

However; I think this battle would rely on their abilities more than their sword skills.
Yamamoto would have to worry about Haki while Zoro worries about rain flames; neither of which would be easy to get around.

Although I will say if Yamamoto uses Rainy Metamorphosis and Zoro gets stuck in it, there's not much he can do. The problem is whether or not Yamamoto'd use it, and even if he would... how early would he use it?

I say inconclusive, could go either way.

Voting Zoro Via much better Skills, Reactive Power Level, Information Analysis, Acrobatics, Limited Durability Negation, Much better Stamina, Observation Haki, Range and resistance to Fire Manipulation and Heat Manipulation

Zoro is by no means a better swordsmen than Yamamoto. More experienced? Sure. But more skilled!?
Yamamoto with no prior sword training could copy the best sword techniques in the entire KHR world after seeing them only once.
Ok and? Zoro has literally made his own techniques and mastered them all... Zoro can as well do no sword style pre timeskip and learnt this pre timeskip

Last edited:
Ok and? Zoro has literally made his own techniques and mastered them all...
Over the course of years of constantly training.

Literally all of Yamamoto's sword techniques are either ones he learned by seeing other people do them once, or created in the middle of battle to counter a specific opponent. In reality, he has most of Zoro's sword skill feats without the ungodly amount of training which Zoro continues even while traveling aboard the Strawhat Flagship.

Edit:

I say all this to say, if Yamamoto actually cared about swordsmanship as much as Zoro, he'd literally be leaps and bounds ahead of him and everyone in the verse; probably.

Last edited:
Literally all of Yamamoto's sword techniques are either ones he learned by seeing other people do them once
Zoro has learnt techniques that only the top of the top swordsman knows by just remembering what someone says... link and link
I say all this to say, if Yamamoto actually cared about swordsmanship as much as Zoro, he'd literally be leaps and bounds ahead of him and everyone in the verse; probably.
Wank.
or created in the middle of battle to counter a specific opponent.
Zoro has done this to many times... Pre timeskip.
He literally has most of Zoro's sword skill feats without the ungodly amount of training which Zoro continues even while traveling aboard the Strawhat Flagship.
Zoro trains his body all the time... Not his skills

Last edited:
Don't forget where I said the other ones he just comes up with on the spot, and mentioned that he doesn't train anywhere near as much as Zoro.

Seriously... Yamamoto has probably only spent like 2 weeks of actual sword training in his entire life. and He's contenting with the literal best swordsmen in the world and outskilling them.

I know what Zoro does, I've seen One Piece.
Ok... Doesn't matter.
It does matter, and I'll tell you why:

Zoro was taught by sword masters and trained under them over the course of practically his entire life, or at least most of his life. The fact that he remembered something a sword master had said to him and used that to make a technique is evidence of that.

On the other hand; Yamamoto has never had a proper sword master (Or even someone to give him proper swordmanship advice, because he's so supremely gifted with the sword that it was never necessary. The best anyone ever did for him was show him a sword technique) So this^ feat above is not even something Yamamoto could replicate. Nor do I see it as particularly impressive in this instance, because Zoro still had to be told that by someone else and even with all of his training never learned it until he was put in a situation where he needed to learn it.

So compare the two. One needed years and years of training along with a lot of battle experience, and even be told what the technique was in order to learn a good move. The other managed to learn the best sword techniques in the world after just seeing them once (With no prior swordmanship experience) and fought on equal ground with the best swordsmen in the world who mimic'd hundreds of different sword styles... in just under a week.

So.. You tell me which is more impressive.

Honestly though, I think this argument is useless as I believe it would come down to abilities more than pure skill, but I can't let Yamamoto be disrespected in this manner with people saying Zoro is FAR MORE skilled than him. Like, unless he has some Ikki type sh*t going on now, as someone who's fully read KHR and seen OP up to the start of Wholecake Island arc; Zoro is in no way far more skilled than Yamamoto.

P.S.

Yamamoto should also have accelerated development during battle (Along with a few other characters); but there aren't a lot of KHR supporters so I guess no one thought to add it.

Zoro was taught by sword masters and trained under them over the course of practically his entire life, or at least most of his life.
Zoro Always trains by himself... That's why he uses his own styles... No one thought Zoro 3 swords style.. No one thought Zoro 9 swords style Ashura or Ichi Gorilla... All of these techniques he learnt by himself... His Sensei has mostly only told Zoro learn this and bye....kinda Like Mihawk and his east blue sensei. Also... No only when Zoro was a Child and the timeskip has he been trained under someone barely.
On the other hand; Yamamoto has never had a proper sword master (Or even someone to give him proper swordmanship advice, because he's so supremely gifted with the sword that it was never necessary. The best anyone ever did for him was show him a sword technique)
Zoro makes his own sword techniques that are better than one of the best in the world of one piece. Copy <<< Making your own
Nor do I see it as particularly impressive in this instance, because Zoro still had to be told that by someone else and even with all of his training never learned it until he was put in a situation where he needed to learn it.
He learnt it by just remembering and hearing what someone says...
So compare the two. One needed years and years of training along with a lot of battle experience, and even be told what the technique was in order to learn a good move
Are you sure you watched One piece... Shishi sonson is something Zoro made up on his own... Zoro's sensei only thought Zoro a way to cut and years and years of training to become stronger not skills...
The other managed to learn the best sword techniques in the world after just seeing them once (With no prior swordmanship experience) and fought on equal ground with the best swordsmen in the world who mimic'd hundreds of different sword styles... in just under a week.
Mihawk complimented East blue Zoro's skills... Mihawk solos the verse with only skill🌚Mimicking hundreds of different swords styles isn't impressive at all compared to pre timeskip Zoro...
So.. You tell me which is more impressive.
Copying the best <<< making the best that's possibly even better than the best.
Yamamoto should also have accelerated development during battle (Along with a few other characters); but there aren't a lot of KHR supporters so I guess no one thought to add it.
well wouldn't really mattered in this... Since Zoro has that as well.. Aren't you a supporter? Go make a thread if you want

Last edited:
Also just a reminder: I believe Yamamoto scales to about 112 Megatons, while Zoro upscales from 114? (All I know is that they're close in AP)

Also just a reminder: I believe Yamamoto scales to about 112 Megatons, while Zoro upscales from 114? (All I know is that they're close in AP)
Zoro scales to 420 Megatons via one-shotting characters at that level, he can further amp his AP further with haki and Asura.

Still wins with only skill match
200w.gif

you need to be 7.5 AP to one shot
While one shots give you superiority over a value by an unknown degree, this doesn't mean zoro can't one shot. One shots don't give you a higher AP value, they only indicate that you're stronger, and this works in the case if for example zoro's opponent was stronger than him, like if zoro's opponent was 500 megatons that doesn't mean zoro who can one shot 420 megatons can also one shot the 500 megatons dude or would be far superior to him. But if zoro's opponent is weaker like in this case then zoro should one shot just like he can one shot opponents who are stronger than his opponent. At least that's as far as I know.

Back