• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The preliminary date for the shutdown of our old wiki forums

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Hello.

This is just an information message regarding that our old internal wiki forum is going to be shut down, and the wiki is going to be updated to use the Unified Community Platform software, on October 26, or up to a few days later.

We have already basically finished with our backup project for important discussion threads, but if there are any remaining ones that you cannot find in our official list, or that need to be updated, please back them up to https://archive.vn/ and post them here:

After being backed up, ongoing content revision threads that need to be continued after the forum move should be linked to in the first post of restarted threads in the new forum.

If you remember any particularly interesting versus threads that were concluded after May 10 2020, that you wish to save to be referenced in our profile pages in the future, you can also back them up to https://archive.vn/ and then visit the following thread to submit the archived versions to our list.

You can later link to these backups in separate threads within our new versus threads sub-forum, and link to these threads in turn within our profile pages, so we get more visitor traffic.

Last edited:
Rikimarox2 is correct, as we have answered many many times before.

Gohan:

The wikis themselves will not be shut down, but all of the old internal forums will.

Only "Discussions" will remain as an internal alternative for the wikis, and it is pretty awful.

Well, they are not as dependent on forum discussions as we are.

So, In short- discussions will remain on this Forum, where we can create vs threads and such. The actual profiles will remain back on the old forum, so we have to go there to see character profiles and ranks. This will reign true for the Joke Battles and FC/OC battles as well. Am I correct?

So will every wiki be getting the updated forum that fandom is rolling out?

For context, this is what I'm talking about, are the old discussion forums gonna be transformed into that for every wiki?

John:

Yes, that is correct. Their new forum is pretty awful in my opinion.

Absolutely agree, I feel like I'm reading some Amino like, mobile only oriented nonsense every time I pull it up.

Though I feel that it might fragment the community given that newer users may just think those are the forums and exclusively post there for whatever reason.

Well, at least we clearly state in the front page of the wiki where people should go to talk about issues related to the wiki contents, and we also link to the new forum in our wiki navigation bar.

Anyway, I agree about that the VS Battles internal Discussions forum is a mess of pure incoherent idiocy, so I would personally prefer if it was shut down.

Honestly, Ant, about the placement you have for the announcement of the forums on the front page, I don't like it. You have to scroll all the way down to the very bottom of the page in order to find info on the new forum and the link to go to said forum. I know it isn't that hard to scroll to the bottom, but you have to remember that people are lazy and some probably wouldn't bother.

As it is an integral part of what we do on the Vs Battle Wiki, I would imagine that it should be listed much higher on the front page so people would be able to find the link right off the bat. I don't know if this is a popular opinion or not, but it is mine.

Well, I agree with you in theory, and obviously want more visitors to this forum, so we will later get more advertisement money and donations to keep it running long-term, but the front page is structured in such a way that only what is seen in the wiki poll section and below is shared between the page for guests and the one for members, separated by tabbers, so the best we could do in that regard is to move the forum section above the poll section, which would not look as good in terms of thematics and layout.

For what it is worth, Fandom is shutting down its standard poll function around October 26, so the forum section will automatically move upwards on the page as a result.

The blogs will be closed as well?

Since i haven't archive any of my calc blogs until now.

Last edited:
I have been told that all blogs and all character profile pages will remain in the old wiki. Only the old forums will be shut down.

Profile pages will not be erased, as I have said many times before, only the entire old forums, but we backed up most important discussion threads in it with posts after May 10 2020. You can find the thread containing the list pinned to the top of the content revisions forum.

Profile pages will not be erased, as I have said many times before, only the entire old forums, but we backed up most important discussion threads in it with posts after May 10 2020. You can find the thread containing the list pinned to the top of the content revisions forum.
What I mean is

If a profile was deleted

Where could I ask for it to be put up again?

(This has nothing to do with the move or anything like that)

"Profile of xyz was deleated, I want to ask for it to be back up for xyz reasons"

Aha. Well, I suppose the official Profile Deletions Requests thread in our Wiki Management forum would likely be best.

Aha. Well, I suppose the official Profile Deletions Requests thread in our Wiki Management forum would likely be best.
That really is a place for requesting the deletion of profiles, not the reverse.

I feel like Rikimarox2 is more accurate with suggesting the All-Purpose Requests thread.

Yes. You are probably correct.

So basically

Pages (From verse, character, weapons, powers and abilities) and blogs will stay.

But everything else, such as the option to create threads (F&G, Vs, CRTs, Discussions etc) will be complety disabled. I assume messages from one user to another would also be disabled too.

Starter Pack is correct. The message walls will simply be converted to a new format.

See here for an example of what they will look like:

I have asked Fandom to get the message wall sections numbered as usual though, and they told me that they are working on it.

I see, it could be a bummer if the messages walls were to be removed aswell. Some users will certainly prefer their old forums talks to be allowed at least

Thanks for the clarification.

Back