• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Pokemon Tournament of Power (Phase 1- Team Creation)

Having not been satisfied with the previous Tournament of Power, Lord Zen'o has gathered fighters from across the Multiverse, living and dead alike, for a new and exciting tournament. Using his power, Zen'o has created a new universe for it all to take place in, one populated by Pokemon!

The rules of the Tournament are simple: Each of the ten combatants are given enough supplies to capture a full team of six Pokemon.

Phase 1 of this thread will be determining what Pokemon teams each participant is most likely to use. For the sake of making this easier to deduce, Pokemon teams will be decided based on the character's personality. Every Pokemon will be up for grabs, but for an extra twist there will be only one of every Legendary and Mythical.

Once all 10 combatants have their teams set up, then they will all face off against each other in a round robin format. A win will give them a point, and the one with the most points is the winner of the tournament.

Pokemon battles will be all out with KO as the win condition, without Speed Equalization. I'm aware this will definitely lead to at least one character being massively OP, but who cares it's Fun and Games.

The combatants are:

Son Goku's Team
1- Blaziken
2- Lucario
3- Gallade
4-
5-
6-

Score:

Vegeta's Team
1- Primeape
2-
3-
4-
5-
6-

Score:

Son Gohan's Team
1-
2-
3-
4-
5-
6-

Score:

Piccolo's Team
1-
2-
3-
4-
5-
6-

Score:

Krillin's Team
1-
2-
3-
4-
5-
6-

Score:

Frieza's Team
1- Mewtwo
2- Malamar
3-
4-
5-
6-

Score:

Cell's Team
1- Zygarde
2-
3-
4-
5-
6-

Score:

Super Buu's Team
1- Spiritomb
2-
3-
4-
5-
6-

Score:

Zamasu's Team
1- Yveltal
2-
3-
4-
5-
6-

Score:

Jiren's Team
1-
2-
3-
4-
5-
6-

Score:

I very much look forward to seeing how this is gonna turn out.

Last edited:
Starting out with types to narrow it down Goku has tons of fighting types and Frieza has tons of Dark Types
Frieza has Mewtwo for obvious reasons as well

Goku might have an Altaria, since they are both carefree and kind, unless you anger them enough, then they'll beat you up. Also the shiny version is yellow like the Nimbus.

So, if I'm reading it right, it's:

Frieza- Mewtwo, Malamar
Cell- Zygarde
Zamasu- Yveltal
Vegeta- Primeape
Goku- Altaria(?), Blaziken
Gohan- Altaria(?)

I put the Altaria in question since there's a disagreement there. Anyone else have any objections to these?

Alright, I've added all of the Pokemon you've suggested so far, with the exception of Altaria due to the disagreement.

For the record, more than one character can use the same kind of Pokemon as long as it's not Legendary

Weird pick but Alakazam might be a good pick for Piccolo. With piccolo being the brains in the group most of the time and Alakazam is insanely smart.

Back