• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Pirate Hunter vs The Lone Wolf: Roronoa Zoro vs Wolf (Sekiro)!

Pre-Timeskip Alabasta arc Roronoa Zoro vs Late-Game Wolf (Sekiro)
SBA
Speed Equalized
Distance: 15 meters

I honestly don't know if this is fair, but I really wanted to make this match up and wanted to see the discussions people would have.

Profiles:

Votes:
Bounty Hunter (1): MonkeyOfLife
Lone Wolf(3): SMari00, SemiRaedi, Naitodesu

Last edited:
Of course

But I honestly do wanna see some good ol skill discussions since these two are skill lords.

Also, let's all behave and try not to slander or insult each other or these characters. Let's discuss like gentlemen.

Actually should be very close in skill since it's alabasta Zoro but at the end of alabasta he should be a more skilled but still close

Actually might not be that close... Just averagely more skilled

Last edited:
Is there any chance Zoro might pick up the Mortal Blade? If he does he instantly dies from the death hax.

Also does Zoro go for dismemberment because any mortal wound would do nothing once Sekiro resurrects.

Is there any chance Zoro might pick up the Mortal Blade? If he does he instantly dies from the death hax.

Also does Zoro go for dismemberment because any mortal wound would do nothing once Sekiro resurrects.
Probably not, when he's got all three of his swords he doesn't try take others.

In a recent fight he had his opponent was able to take his swords but he always attempted to get his own back rather than anything else.

When it comes to dismemberment, in chapter 1035 he did cut off his opponents wing and seemingly his arm (at least it looked like it), and when a member of Baroque Works tried to persuade Zoro to join them, he lopped his head off.

Great fight, I am gonna back Wolf though. He should be more than capable of pinning down Zoro with his gear from a distance, while also having the h2h abilities to swing with Zoro up close. Just think about all the techniques and styles he's got as his disposal such as his Temple, Prosthetic, and Ashina arts that can match the different sword styles Zoro has at his belt (1, 2 and 3 sword style.) Even a single one of these individual styles has combos that would be a major pain in the ass for Zoro to deal with, such as his prosthetic arts. Within this branch, we see how Wolf MASTERFULLY intertwined his teleportation, explosions and bursts of smoke+ fire, weapon mix ups (spears, axes, shuriken's, grappling hook, umbrella shield ) wind manipulation etc with his swordsmanship that plays off even further within the techniques in his other trees.

The icing on top would be the fact that a lot of Wolf's attacks would still damage Zoro regardless of whether or not he successfully parried/blocked Wolf's attacks (axe, shuriken, and phantom kunai come to mind first) and defensively he's got his parries and umbrella shield to shut down any of Zoro's offensive bursts. And this is just the start of it, I haven't even dived all that deep into Wolf with even more to be said on his various trinkets such as healing, poison, invisibility, resurrection etc. Being a massive fan of both works, I like to think I could argue both but in all honesty Wolf takes this very handily.

Wolf FRA. They're probably both around the same level of skill here, and Zoro has a bit of an AP advantage going for him. However, Wolf has lots of tricks and tools up his sleeve that he can use against Zoro, and resurrection might be able to throw him off.

If it was straight swords id probably say zoro but the wolf has ALOT going for him with those tools mostly the umbrella mist raven sabimaru etc

Back