• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Owl House: Massive Verse Revision (High 6-A for Titan Luz, Titan Belos, 3-C rating for The Collector, Speed of Light for light spell, etc.)

Howdy! Some of you reading probably remember me from a few weeks ago from that Kingdom Hearts True KH scaling CRT which I said I was going to follow up on eventually and built hype around. (Trust me, that’s coming very soon and will be much bigger than this. But for now I wanted to address another verse which I feel is in desperate need of being updated). This time it's…The Owl House, a verse that seems to be criminally underrated on this wiki. Not just in terms of stats, but more so how it’s treated in comparison to other cartoon verses which are centered around narratives. It doesn’t really get the same treatment and hype verses like Gravity Falls, Star VS. The Forces of Evil, and even Amphibia get on their profiles despite The Owl House also being an incredible series just as good as those. I do, however, think that we have neglected to update the verse in terms of stats as well ever since perhaps the first half of Season 2 for the series, as all we’ve seemed to do since then was add some keys, quotes, and images from Season 3 and nothing really else. Season 3 provides a ton of blatant buffs for the verses, and there are also many other feats, scaling, and mechanics in verse which have yet to be properly indexed here. So without further ado, I’d like to properly settle the score with these feats and finally get The Owl House to where I believe it rightfully deserves.

Key Additions + Minor Housekeeping​

To begin with, Luz should be split into separate season keys. Season 1, Season 2-3, and of course still Titan Luz. These would be for the same reasons we have Anne Boonchuy separated by the same keys, or Steven Universe, etc etc. To be more specific to Luz, her magic throughout the series progressively becomes stronger and stronger and post-Season 1 is clearly a far wider margin from Season 1. The 8-B and 7-C feats we accept already both come from Season 2 exclusively, and we know that Luz, as well as other characters in the verse, draw the strength of their magic from the heart as well as the powers of The Titan. Exclusively the latter in Luz’s case, but we see as her connection with The Titan grows, her power grows greater. For the Season 1 key, Luz should be granted “at most 7-C” rather than a definitive 7-C rating, due to the fact Lilith was nonchalant and restrained while “dueling” her and Luz is clearly not on her level. But downscaling would be fine as Luz was able to somewhat match Lilith’s magic blasts.

Likewise, Emperor Belos should be given a “Possessing The Titan” key. Again, this would be for similar reasons as to why we have a Dyoplosaurus Armor key for King Andrias. Also, it’d just be ******* awesome and it’s what a lot of people like to use him for in general matches, lol. Honestly don’t have much more beyond that, but with what I’ll be getting into later on, a “possessing the titan” key for Belos should be made simply just to clarify much of the High 6-A scaling I’m about to propose. Similarly, I propose for The Titan (A.K.A King’s dad) to be given a profile too. He is present throughout the entirety of the Owl House and has enough lore around him to be given a proper AP rating and explanation.

Outside of that, for now, most of the verse will remain at 7-C, however, I propose for the 8-B feat from Gus burning a tunnel into a wall should be removed from profiles and instead just remain as a supporting calculation for the verse on its page. It should still be used for reasoning, but not as a part of the actual tier. The 8-B feat has no significance beyond just a supporting feat for the verse, nor does it act as a “baseline” for Glyph’s magical power, which we know is clearly far lower. Instead, the characters should be given “Varies, up to 7-C with magic”. This is, again, due to the fact that magic comes from the heart and is explicitly variable in power depending on both what the user wants to summon as well as their connection to the Titan and/or the magic in their heart. This has rendered many witches just straight up unable to cast magic without aid in the past, or has made their attacks visibly far stronger than they normally are.

Besides that, all of the rest of the verse will remain the same except for what will be listed below. Let’s begin.

Speed of Light upgrade for Light Spell/Glyph and possibly Relativistic to FTL reactionary/combat speed reaction for the verse​

While the light spell's actual attack applications contradict light-speed properties, the summoning/casting of the spell itself has no such contradictions and should clearly be light-speed. Here are multiple examples of this:
All of this undeniably proves that the light glyph's initial summon and “expansion” of sorts, when utilized in a sort of “flashbang” sense, is clearly light-speed. This would apply to attack speed too since Luz uses this blinding light spell to…well, blind opponents. This should undoubtedly be enough to justify the addition of a “Speed of Light with light glyph casting”. You may have noticed, which I’ve briefly touched upon above, the attacks, blasts, and constructs created from both Luz’s light glyph and other witches’ light magic, clearly possess force and thus cannot be light-speed. The movement of Luz’s light balls also clearly do not move at the speed of light. Nearly all of the reactionary feats when it comes to light glyph reaction speed is in relation to the force-filled blasts themselves and not the actual flash.

However, there are a few feats which debatably can be inferred as dodging or moving in tandem with the flash of light itself which would qualify for a Relativistic to FTL reactionary and combat speed rating for characters in the verse:

The validity of these feats is something I admittedly cannot verify for certain. I personally think these feats are perfectly usable and have no real problems that make it any different from any other light dodging feat we have. I’ll let the comments be the judge on these, though. There is, however, another feat which doesn’t involve light-dodging at all which sort of backs this up as being consistent. That is what we will go into next:

3-C upgrade for The Collector with At least FTL speed upgrade​

Note: We cannot scale anyone in the verse, including Titan Luz or the Titan himself to the Collector. While the Collector stated that fully grown titans are “stronger than anybody”, this statement is highly unreliable given the Collector’s personality, and via the fact Collector himself later shows to not be aware of the fact that Titan magic cancels out Collector magic. This is a major plot point in For The Future as well as Watching and Dreaming, and is also implied to be how Papa Titan was able to defeat the Collector at all. Papa Titan also implies the Collector to be far stronger than him physically, and the Collector himself was implied to have been able to one-shot Titan Belos had he not tried a Steven Universe approach. We already don’t scale anyone in the verse to him at all including our Titan Luz key (which needs massive re-working as will be explained below), but I felt an elaboration to be necessary, and also I feel like putting this as a note under the Collector’s page or even Luz’s would be necessary too given how much of a common misconception this is.

However, scaling characters in the verse to the Collector in speed should not be an issue. We already have The Collector at similar speed to the rest of the cast despite having him as “the most powerful in the verse”, so this should not be much of a change. To provide specific examples, Luz with Stringbean as well as Eda and King are able to outrace the Collector and sting his tongue before he can react. She later moves fast enough to protect him from a blast from Titan Belos. On the topic of Titan Belos, Titan Belos is able to perceive and attack the Collector, albeit missing, and is still able to match him in some degree with his seemingly top flight speed. For reasons below, this should be around FTL too. But first, I’d like to go into why I believe the Collector should be ranked at 3-C, or at minimum, At least 5-A, possibly 3-C.

• Additionally, we also see the Collector create pocket dimensions and realities in his “games” multiple times just in the opening few scenes of Watching and Dreaming, all of which just by simply the snap of his fingers if he so chose. These all have different environments, laws, and even…different skies too, including other starry sky dimensions (The Collector created this in place of the pac-man “game” dimension he just “lost” at, and this dimension clearly is different from the boiling isles/demon realm outside of having a similar sky/archivist floor. The “Jenga” dimension the Collector made is even literally just a (seemingly) infinite expanse of Jenga Blocks and nothing else. This all very clearly shows us that creating pocket realities is not at all out of The Collector’s realm of possibility when it comes to his powers, and that the “galaxy-sized bedroom” he created can almost only be attributed to him.

• The Collector creates a shooting star visible from the Boiling Isles’ night sky during Luz’s “king-ceanera”. This piece of evidence is admittedly weak, as shooting stars aren’t actually stars and are potentially tiny pieces of meteorites simply flying immensely fast through space. The “shooting star” here however does take the shape of an actual star expanding out from deep space, and as stated above, the Collector has manipulated what appear to be actual stars/star-based constructs in the past. But there simply is not enough context to back this up as actually being a 4-C or even a 5-B feat, but it does potentially back up what is stated above to support The Collector’s 3-C ranking.

As for FTL, this would come from similar logic. The Collector during Luz’s monologue explaining the aftermath of Belos’ defeat was stated to have “returned to the stars”. We know this is a quite literal statement as the Collector is nowhere to be seen in the epilogue, and had just summoned a shooting star while in deep space “in the area” (obviously not on the planet, so we can assume probably within the Demon Realm’s local star system or something similar). Using a minimum time frame of 4 years (which is the amount of time skipped from Belos’ defeat to Luz’s “king”-ceanara, given the fact that Luz had just graduated from high school and had successfully applied and was accepted into University of Wild Magic, making her 18 at minimum). Using the distance from Earth to Alpha Centauri (4.367 light-years), this gets a speed of 327,305,328 m/s, or 1.091 c (just above baseline FTL). This in itself is a low-ball as it assumes the Collector’s trip back to the “stars” took the entire 4 years from the aftermath of Belos’ defeat to right before Luz returned to the BI for her king-ceanara, which is a bit of a stretch. But there’s no other quantifiable timeframe beyond this, so we should rank the Collector’s speed at “At least FTL”. We can also likely scale this to his attack and reactionary speed, as he was able to talk, move his hand and head, and pilot himself on his shooting star flying towards the Archive as fast as he physically possibly can, which should scale above the aforementioned “returning to the stars” feat.

So basically, while the context is vague, there are enough things to concretely justify and back up a 3-C rating for The Collector. The 5-A+ feat for The Collector we currently use is quite far from The Collector’s peak by a completely ridiculous amount given the effortlessness of the feat implying such, and we accept this already with the “At least 5-A” tier. This would make a 3-C tier not at all an unreasonable assumption for The Collector’s true power. While we do not have the precise context for this realm’s creation, from what we’ve seen the Collector do, his already shown capability of creating realms and pocket realities with similarly altered environments, skies, and even altered size, and there being very little to suggest that the Collector did not create his bedroom in the Archive outside of various fallacious mental gymnastics, there is no reason that the Collector should not be 3-C.

High 6-A for Titan Luz, Titan Belos, and “eventually High 6-A” tier for King.​

The Titan’s magic massively upscales all other magic in the verse. It is magic stated to be so "potent" that it is what was responsible for the usage of magic across the boiling isles all-together. As stated above, it is also what correlates with and is responsible for witches to use magic in the first place and has it's strength dependent on it to an extent. The Boiling Isles' residents have seemingly utilized The Titan's magical power source for centuries on end without any sign of limitation. This of course on it's own isn't enough to back up any tier at all, let alone High 6-A, but the feats and statements below certainly do.

• We could also try to use Belos’ goop (giggity) spreading across the demon realm over the course of 1 hour (which we’d use as 40,075 km) for KE, which would likely yield High 6-A too or possibly even higher. We can also fully attribute this magical force to the Titan’s magic as well given the fact that Papa Titan himself states “Belos nearly has full control” over him.

TL;DR: The Titan, and thus Titan Luz, Titan Belos, and eventually King, would all consistently be High 6-A. This is entirely consistent with the fact that Titan's magic is immensely more powerful than the entire civilization of the Boiling Isles to the point they are able to seemingly unlimitedly feed off of its power for hundreds of years on end. This clear level of absurdly massive upscaling above a majority of the verse does not warrant an only “likely higher” rating for Titan Luz’s key which besides that is the exact same as her base key. Additionally, the Titan’s sheer size makes its physical blows High 6-A which it’s magic should clearly upscale from, Titan Belos’ feats of shaking and manipulating the body of the Titan while possessing him get into around a High 6-A range and again, the Titan’s magic should upscale, and the Boiling Isles, who is The Titan is responsible for the High 6-A illumination feat which gets around 11.78 Exatons. 11.78 Exatons should be the numbered value we give for The Titan, Titan Luz, Titan Belos, and as an “eventually” for King.

And for one more minor cleanup, King’s Titan Wail should be High 7-A. This is due to the cloud splitting feat here from Titan Trapper island getting extremely close to High 7-A, and I was able to get it to similar levels as well. Finally, King should also be given an “eventually High 6-A” tier for his Season 2 onwards key FRA. (oh yeah, King should be given that as well due to his powers objectively increase after discovering more about them during Season 2). I'll let the comments discuss this one more, though.

This is about all for what I think should be changed for The Owl House in terms of its top-tiers. The verse also needs a heavy clean-up in terms of quality to put it on the same level as verses such as Amphibia, Star VS The Forces of Evil, Gravity Falls, etc, etc.

Agree:

Disagree:

Inconclusive:

Last edited:
Back