• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Nisan Laser to Babel Tower (Xenogears) - am I bad at maths?

Not going to give a fancy explanation for this, I'll just cut right to the chase:

Gears_Lazer_Pixel.png
Gears_Lazer_Pixel_calc.png

Here's the problem I have: 0.03 (0.026) is around 1/30th the speed of light (I have it as 670mil here). The problem is that our own speed charts have the highest range of that figure (0.11% SoL) at only 767269mph (Massively Hypersonic, for those curious), whereas I have that range of % at around 22x that (calced 'properly', it's still in the millions when it likely shouldn't be). Have I goofed? Or are our speed charts in need of reform?

EDIT: here's the cinematic, for those curious (timestamped).

Last edited:
Back