• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Legendary Samurai VS The Strongest Swordsman (2/7/0)

Kozuki Oden VS Dracule Mihawk
  • Speed Is Equalised
  • Fight Location: Onigashima
  • Starting Distance: 500 Meters
Kozuki Oden: 2 (Dr.Fix, StrawHatArslan)
Dracule Mihawk: 7 (Eminiteable,
UchihaSlayer96, SamanPatou, ZoroNotZolo, KingTempest, Waka1979,
KlinkyGrape)
Inconclusive:
V3M2VEv.png
de2t8y7-b5eaad04-89b4-405e-ba39-6e19d8a001fe.png

Last edited:
Well this will be fun.

Scaling: Both "High 7-A, likely higher"
Oden:
Prime Whitebeard ~ Gol D. Roger > Kozuki Oden​
Mihawk:
Prime Whitebeard >/= Old Whitebeard > Kaido ~ Shanks < Mihawk​

In terms of actual abilities it will come down to Haki, Swordsmanship and Air Manipulation in my opinion:
  • Mihawk would realize how skilled Kozuki Oden is with his information Analysis and have a good idea what to expect from a skill standpoint.
  • In terms of swordsmanship; I believe Mihawk is the superior considering he's the best swordsman in the world and his feats of stomping east blue Zoro display this, while Oden although very skilled hasn't really shown the same aptitude in just pure skill.
  • In terms of Air Manipulation (Air slashes); I think it's pretty blatant Mihawk is superior in this field since Oden doesn't really utilize them that much and his application are rather standard while Mihawk's application of air slashes tend to cover a far larger area and tend to have more variety.
  • Stamina & Endurance; Mihawk doesn't really have any endurance feats and his stamina feats were fighting for several hours in the marineford war, It's clear Oden has Mihawk beat in this area considering his vast amount of stamina and endurance feats.
  • Haki;
    • Observation Haki; Oden hasn't really shown any feats of observation haki so his capabilities are pretty much bog standard, While Mihawk's observation haki is a lot more impressive with his sensory abiltiies, power level readings and even forsight feats shown in the marineford war.
    • Conqueor's Haki; Mihawk doesn't have it and Oden never uses it in battle not that it would help even if he did use it.
    • Armament Haki; Kozuki Oden is extremely skilled in Armament haki being the only person to scar Kaido, imbueing his swords with armament and having Advanced Armament and completely mastering Enma. Mihawk is also extremely skilled with armament haki having been the one to teach Zoro it and have Zoro reach Advanced Armament and also the fact he presumably forged Yoru into a permanent black blade which would presumably be a feat of armament haki and one which Kozuki Oden did not achieve in his lifetime. It's hard to say who's superior in this field in my honest opinion so I'll personally rank them both as equals for now.
  • Range; Mihawk is superior in this regard in both close range combat and long range combat due to the larger size of his sword and the larger distance his air slashes can cover in comparison to Oden.
Ultimately I think it would be a close fight due to Oden's Stats, Stamina and Endurance but I believe Mihawk would win due Superior Haki, Skill and Air slashes.

Last edited:
I'll have to go with Mihawk FRA.

In terms of raw stats, it's almost impossible to tell who's superior due to how dubious the Yonko scaling is. Both should definitely be in a similar ballpark of strength though, so raw physical stats definitely won't be the deciding factor in this battle like Emi said above.

In terms of skill, Mihawk has him beat since he stands atop the world of swordsmen in terms of skill, and this should include many people who should be close to Oden in skill like Zoro, Shanks, Vista, the scabbards, and many, many more.
Mihawk also massively outranges Oden, because even his casual Air slashes have hundreds of meters in range at the very least.
Oden does have better endurance feats, but it's not like Mihawk didn't fight for hours during Marineford and literally didn't break a sweat, so it's not like he's completely outclassed or will outright lose because of this. Ultimately it's just due to the lack of on-screen serious fights for Mihawk, but I'll still give give this point to Oden for the better showings.

Haki should be pretty close in terms of Armament, since both have Advanced Armament Haki. Mihawk wins the Observation Haki category though due to better feats, so overall Mihawk edges out the Haki category as well.

Overall, Mihawk has slight, but relevant advantages that should grant him the victory with relatively high difficulty.

Kaido respects Oden. He does not care about Mihawk's title.

Even if Mihawk is>Shanks (and that is a bif if) he's still weaker than Oldbeard<Kaido/Primebeard

Oden low diffs by feats, by exaggerated titles it is closer but still a win.

That's a flawed way of going about this imo.

Kaido never mentioned Garp, Shiki, Sengoku, or Big Mom. Does that mean he thinks they're fodder, even though we know they can contend with Prime Roger and WB in first three's case? In BM's case we know she can match Kaido in combat, so even if you argue she's somewhat weaker, it's only a marginal difference at best.
Also, Prime Roger and WB are stronger than Oden anyway, so that's a bit of a moot point tbh.

Kaido never mentioned Garp, Shiki, Sengoku, or Big Mom.
Exactly. All the more reason people need to accept reality and acknowledge they have overhyped/underestiamted certain characters.

Does that mean he thinks they're fodder
Do not exaggerate. No one is saying they're fodder. You can accept characters like Roger and Kaido are stronger without taking away from Big Mom or Garp.
Also, Prime Roger and WB are stronger than Oden anyway
They're stronger than 31 year old Oden. This was 6 years before he fought Kaido who himself was 33 at best.

Even if Mihawk is>Shanks (and that is a bif if) he's still weaker than Oldbeard<Kaido/Primebeard

Oden low diffs by feats, by exaggerated titles it is closer but still a win.
Oldbeard is accepted stronger than Kaido.
Exactly. All the more reason people need to accept reality and acknowledge they have overhyped/underestiamted certain characters.
You should re-read chapter 1001 or the Mihawk CRT, I already covered this and this is not the place to argue scaling that's already in place.

They're stronger than 31 year old Oden. This was 6 years before he fought Kaido who himself was 33 at best.
There's still no indication that Oden is equal to them. He definitely got stronger in that time-span, but who's to say they didn't grow as well? Or that he bridged the gap in the first place?

There's still no indication that Oden is equal to them. He definitely got stronger in that time-span, but who's to say they didn't grow as well? Or that he bridged the gap in the first place?
Yeah we don't really know; yes he grew several times stronger than his former self but that was from when he first set off, even as a member of the whitebeard pirates and having spent the majority of his years at sea he wasn't at the same level as Roger. We really only know that he was stronger than Kaido who he himself could have grown stronger in 20 years.

He definitely got stronger in that time-span, but who's to say they didn't grow as well? Or that he bridged the gap in the first place?
One Piece magazine Volume 9. Confirms Prime Whitebeard at 38 years old. 2 years prior he was just Rocks flunkie.

Kiado appraised Oden as comparable to Whitebeard/Roger but Oden confirmed to surpassed his expectations in their fight.

He's comparing their character, first and foremost, and even if we say he's mighty like them, that still doesn't mean he's equally mighty.

I love when we compare characters that we haven't seen fight fully yet.

Mihawk outskills via hype and feats, we've seen Mihawk spam sword slices, idk if Oden can cover that.

Mihawk gets my vote

tbf whitebeard wasn't going all in that clash based off Oden vs Roger
i mean that’s true, but Mihawk was known for clashing with shanks, but Oden clashed with WB, and I think WB>Shanks, but it’s debatable. I think Oden wins though.

After seeing the arguments given by both sides I think I will side with the Mihawk argument FRA and cast my vote for him so grace can be activated.

Mihawk FRA. 😁 also start putting spoilers to manga stuff for anime watchers because it could ruin it for them.

Back