• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Legend of Zelda: Lifting Strength Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dust_Collector

They/Them
So this is gonna be the first of several Zelda CRTs, we got a lot of stuff coming like abilities additions, 4-A upgrades, Ganons moon moving feat (Or lack thereof depending on your view), and Multiversal Goddesses. This one will be focusing on the series Lifting Strength ratings, which is easily the most minor and easiest CRT of them all to do (Besides Multiversal Goddesses) and I’m very confident there’s not gonna be much to argue about.

So let’s start with the characters with Class G Lifting Strength, which is pretty much most of the High 6-A characters. The reason for them having Class G is for being far stronger than the Gohma seen in Wind Waker, the problem is that Gohmas Lifting Strength comes out to 18,918,756.9 kg as calculated here, roughly 53 times lower than the required 1,000,000,000 kg to reach Class G. Being far stronger than someone doesn’t justify a jump like that unless it’s already really close to the next class of Lifting Strength, so they should be rated as At least Class M, likely Higher instead. The next problem is the upper mid tiers like Onox and Veran in their true forms, Twinrova, and Ganon in his High 6-A keys. They have Class T Lifting Strength for the same reasons as before, being far stronger than the people with Class G Lifting Strength and somehow jumping up another tier just for that, needless to say this also isn’t legit for the reasons outlined above and they too should be rated as At least Class M, likely Higher.

Now we move onto the characters with Class T Lifting Strength, the 5-A to High 4-C characters like Adult Link, Wind Waker Link, and so on. Wind Waker Links justification for his Class T Lifting Strength is that he can lift up large stone statues and throw them hard enough to pulverize them, for reference here’s the feat of him doing just that:

I don’t think you need me to tell you that lifting up and pulverising that statue isn’t in the same range as pushing and lifting mountains. In fact we used to rate him as either Class K or M for this feat (The calc on his profile doesn’t give a weight for the statue, but we got the weight off of the volume that was calculated) but for some reason it just got randomly changed to Class T. So yeah, that’s a rather serious blunder, and his lifting strength should be adjusted accordingly to Class M. Also he’s listed as Class 100 in his 2nd key for no reason at all, there’s straight up nothing justifying that rating and I don’t recall any major lifting feats he does in that game so for now I say just scale him as At least Class 50 via being stronger than Child Link at the start of OOT. Breath of the Wild Link in his endgame key is Class T via scaling to WW Link with the Power Bracelet, despite nothing even remotely suggesting that to be the case, and since he doesn’t get any strength amping equipment his Lifting Strength should just be the same as his first key. Adventure of Link… Link, has Class T Lifting Strength in his first key via scaling to WW Link, which I guess you could argue to be legit if you consider the Power Bracelet in both games the same, otherwise he should be Class 50 or 100 via scaling above the natural strength of other Links at the start of their games. His second key is also Class T for the reason of his Power Glove somehow being comparable to the Golden Gauntlets despite there being nothing to compare the two, so like the first key just make it Class 50 or 100. Oracles, Four Swords, Minish Cap, and A Link Between Worlds Link have the same issue, so they should also receive the same downgrades (Except for possibly ALBW Link, which I’ll explain later).

Twilight Princess Link having Class T Lifting Strength is likely legit, but not for the reasons on his profile. But before we tackle that I must point out we for some reason only have Class T and nothing else for his Lifting Strength despite him having 3 keys, only his third key should be Class T while the other two should be scaling to Class 50 or so due to that being the natual strength of most other start of game Links. He has Class T due to not being much weaker than Wind Waker Link with the Power Bracelet, and much like other Links there’s nothing that could even scale between the two in terms of Lifting Strength. He should instead have the reason be that he can physically match and even overpower a Triforce of Power empowered Ganondorf as seen here:

Speaking of Ganondorf, his Lifting Strength for his Triforce of Power key is currently as high as Class E, and the reason? He’s physically stronger than Adult Link with the Golden Gauntlets, who is Class T, more specifically a little over 70 times lower than baseline Class P going off the calc on his page. So being stronger than Adult Link somehow allowed Ganondorf to bypass Class P entirely and go straight into Class E? Yeah that ain’t right no matter how you look at it. You can make an argument for scaling his Lifting Strength to the Four Giants which is fine by me, so if most people agree than we can just change his justification and keep his rating while also bumping TP Link to the same level. His Calamity Ganon form is also Class E for the same reason, being stronger than someone who is (Wrongly) Class T, and we don’t know how he compares to Adult Link with the Golden Gauntlets so his Lifting Strength in this key should be At least Class M, likely far Higher for being much stronger than the higher mid tiers like his botched resurrection self. Same song and dance for his FSA Incarnation, he’s Class E for being stronger than Vaati who has Class E Lifting Strength with no justification (Same goes for this first key, Class T for no reason) and again we don’t know how they compare to Golden Gauntlets so At least Class M, likely far Higher for them, or if you would prefer to scale them to the Gauntlets if there’s a good reason for it, Class T. Zant is also Class E via power-scaling to… nobody, it just says via power-scaling. It’s more than likely meant to be scaling from Ganondorf (Although Zant is quite a bit weaker) but I guess he could be Class T via downscaling or something? I dunno, it’s kinda a stretch but I’ll let everyone else decide on that.

A Link to the Past Link is Class E in his first key due to being superior to the Four Giants, and while I’m fine with him being superior to them in terms of AP and stuff I’m a bit more iffy on Lifting Strength (I’d be less iffy if we had more keys for him for the start of the game and midgame but that’s stuff for later), so if everyone else were to agree then I suggest we make him Class K to M for having the Power Gloves / Titans Mitts, which were calculated at this range here. This could also potentially apply to ALBW Link as well, since he also uses the Power Gloves / Titans Mitts, although this could be seen as iffy since we don’t know if they’re the exact same. Although I’m pretty sure ALBW Link has to lift similarly sized boulders anyway so if need be we can just get calcs for him doing that and rate him based on that. Spirit Tracks Link is Class 100 with no justification so that needs to be fixed. And for the most part that’s it, most other characters have ratings like Class T either for no reason or scaling to someone who’s Class M so they should have their ratings changed either scaling to their respective Link or being stronger than Gohma. This was a lot longer than I was expecting for something like Lifting Strength but what can ya do?

Last edited:
From what I can tell, the Power Gloves are better than the Golden Gauntlets when featured in Hyrule Warriors.

Hyrule Warriors isn't canon to the main series so the Power Gloves being better than the Golden Gauntlets there doesn't really mean anything.

Isn't Class T from the website stating that Golden Gauntlet Link can move a literal mountain?

I think Class E comes from the 4 Giants who are weaker in terms of AP than Calamity Ganon and the others, but I agree that's not really lifting strength material. The OP more or less looks good though.

Isn't the Triforce of Power meant to grant Ganon the highest physical prowess capable in the verse bar the goddesses? If true that should serve as scaling to the Giants.

Complete Triforce yes for sure, but Triforce of power specifically, debatable. Though, his magic should be stronger than the physical strength of the 4 giants yes. And having higher AP or striking strength doesn't always mean lifting strength is superior, but in this example it should be fine. And magic and physical strength are interchangeable for Ganondorf's character.

I'm actually fine with the Class E scaling, but the reasons should be altered then.

I have awoken from my slumber and have returned. I'm fine with giving old Crenando Class E via scaling to the Giants, main issue I had was his current reasoning for it so I'll just edit the OP tp say that Ganon can probably keep his current rating.

Isn't the Triforce of Power meant to grant Ganon the highest physical prowess capable in the verse bar the goddesses? If true that should serve as scaling to the Giants.
Makes TP Link actually pushing Ganon back with his own strength and no enhancements really impressive, tbh.

Who knew the key to superhuman strength was goat herding.

Here's the scaling I found so far.

OoT: Goron Bracelet < Silver Gauntlets < Golden Gauntlets

OoA, LA, ALTTP, WW: Power Bracelet < Powerful Bracelet ≤ Power Glove < Titan's Mitt

So...

Besides getting someone like Cal if we need a bit more staff support than we already have, is there much else to discuss?

I think this would qualify as enough people according to the size of the fanbase and the severity of the thread.

I would consider this accepted and ready to be implemented, but I don't think I have the power to do that.

Summary:
  • Everyone who is Class G will become At least Class M, likely higher.
  • Onox, Veran, Twinrova, Ganon (In his Pre-Triforce of Power, Botched Resurrection, and Calamity Ganon keys), and anyone scaled to Ganons first key (Like Bellum and Malladus) will become At least Class M, likely Higher.
  • WW Link will become Class K or M (We need to calculate how much the boulder he tosses weigh first, which should't be too hard since most of the work is done on the calc listed on his page), and his PH key will have a justification added and will become Class 50 via scaling above start of game OOT Child Link.
  • Anyone scaled to WW Link or OOT Adult Link will have their Lifting Strength adjusted to whatever they can scale to within their own games, AOL Link will either be At least Class 50 or Class 100 due to being much stronger than the base strength of a start of game Link, same goes for other Links similar to that. Although if people do want to cross scale, Links that use a Power Bracelet might be able to scale to WW Link assuming that the bracelet they use should grant similar strength to the one WW Link uses, otherwise Class 50 to 100 or whatever else if they have lifting feats of their own.
  • ALTTP Link will become Class K (With the Power Gloves) to Class M (With the Titans Mitts). ALBW Link might also get a similar rating based on his usage of the Power Gloves/Titans Mitts but otherwise will need calcs of him picking up and tossing boulders which honestly should get similar results. Any Link that also uses a Power Glove might scale to the ones used by ALTTP Link but otherwise it's the same deal as the other Links.
  • FSA Ganon and Vaati will become At least Class M, likely Higher, and Vaatis first key will also be downgraded to that level.
  • BOTW Links first key will be Class 50 since the base strength of a Link is that, and his second key will also be Class 50, maybe with an At least thrown in.
  • Ganon in his Triforce of Power key will remain Class E, but his justification will now include being superior to the Four Giants.
  • TP Link will get two additional keys for his Lifting Strength to match the rest of his stats, with the first two keys being Class 50 and his third key being Class E due to being able to physically overpower and push back TOP Ganondorf.
  • Most other characters I didn't mention who are also Class T for no reason, a flimsy reason (Like Levias somehow being Class T by virtue of his size) or scaling to someone who is Class T despite there being no comparisions that can be made will be downgraded to At least Class M, likely Higher.
  • I don't know what to do with Zant, safest rating to give him is At least Class M, likely Higher.

Considering the Downfall Timeline is where Adult OoT Link with Golden Gauntlets lost to ToP Ganon, wouldn't ALTTP Link have comparable if not better Lifting Strength to the Golden Gauntlets when fighting a Full Triforce Ganon.

I don't see why he would, him fighting a Full Triforce Ganon while OOT Link lost to TOP Ganon has nothing to do with Lifting Strength.

Logically, with Link having Complete Triforce, he should be above everyone and everything in every way except the Golden Goddesses. ALttP also doesn't have many notable lifting strength feats which makes it more difficult to decide. Having higher striking strength doesn't automatically great higher lifting strength.

Summary

Last edited:
Pretty sure it aint cross scaling and just that those items all have feats within that category.

I mean, it all makes sense except TP Link. We all know that master sword gives Link an insane boost, so I am not sure if we can scale Link's own lifting strength from that.

No idea; I know the Temple bosses aren't quite 4 Giants tier.

I mean, it all makes sense except TP Link. We all know that master sword gives Link an insane boost, so I am not sure if we can scale Link's own lifting strength from that.
I mean he does do it, kinda straightforward. He directly overpowers Ganon with the ToP in a way that'd scale directly to his lifting strength as he pushed against and overpowered Ganon's own push. TP Link is shown directly to be able to, albeit barely, edge out Ganon in raw physicality.

Isn't the Giant Mask supposed to be like, comparable to a Giant? Hence the name? I wouldn't say temple bosses get effected given Giant Mask Link ragdolled Twinmold quite literally, so it should be safe if we just say Possibly or Likely Class E for Giant Mask Link, though, just him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back