• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

the laws of physics vs your favorite charecter/verse

basically your favorite charecter/verse is now subject to the laws of physics of the real world, to give more context.

As you know most of the time the characters in fiction can do feats like traveling at the speed of light but without needing infinite energy or something like that, but now your favorite character will feel the effects of moving at the speed of light in real life as creating black holes or instant depletion.

this is just an example as we can apply it to everything, how a character with large size (type 6 to 7) doesn't turn into a black hole, ect.

If the verse has something in its cosmology that allows it to ignore the laws of physics like the Speed force in DC or to use RW objects, it will not be taken into account

Note: let's not talk about Tier 1 or 0 levels to avoid headaches

Last edited:
Ant-Man reducing its size would make it 150,000x denser than osmium or 180,000 psi basically break the floor, talking or listening is impossible and many side effects such as the inability to see

Last edited:
So, most characters above Tier 7 throw a punch, creating a nuclear explosion, & then later, they die of radiation poisoning?

Actually animator vs animation could happen since it is just data and stuff, physics probably wouldn't stop our computers from having a stickman with A.I and stuff.

Alao tier 7 wouldn't die of radiation poisoning since you can create nuclear explosions without using nuclear weapons, like, a meteor wouldn't poison you with radiation.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Part 3 and onwards isn't effected by much honestly, considering Stands explicitly ignore physics considering what they are, Hamon boys just kind of incinerate their insides the second they try and channel Hamon, Dio gets frozen by his own attacks like a dumbass, or dries himself into a raisin with SRSE, the Ultimate Kars runs out of energy in a few minutes after morphing his body repeatedly, nevermind that the trick he used to escape lava would backfire spectacularly, and Pucci defeats himself via speed.

Metroid: Samus dies the second she collects too many missiles, or turns into a Morph Ball, because turning stuff into energy just don't work that way.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Alchemy becomes a little less effective as transforming stuff wastes energy in the process, but the series is already pretty accurate to physics, if you ignore their speed but that was clearly not the author's intent.

John Wick: Getting shot in his bulletproof vest still hurts him, which happens in the second movie but not the third somehow.

Celeste: Madeline falls into the first pit and ******* dies.

I don't know anything about puella magic, but why would they be in the stone age?

I mean it is possible that the humanity of puella does the same as that of real life, unless something happens there is between the stone age

Basically, it was the Incubator race who provides all the technology from every eras within the verse, stating that it wasn't for them, Humanity will still be naked and lives in caves.

pretty much every FTL character would have immeasurable speed, because if you go past the speed of light, time would start to move backwards relative to you. provided that they can survive at that speed ofc.

You basically need to be High 3-A to survive FTL speed since that's the amount of energy it outputs

Quite a few of the more simple Pokémon would probably still be able to exist and look mostly the same, though obviously they wouldn't have basically any of their abilities and evolution would either not exist or just be them aging depending on the mon.

Wailord's absolutely ****** lol

Jujutsu Kaisen: It seems to try and stick close to real word physics so I think most of the characters will operate the same, though Gojo now has this annoying thing where air is always igniting whenever he starts going too fast.

Deluge of the Abyss: Only Herah exist at the moment, but due to her explicit resistance to heat she's actually all right. Until going faster than light, which hurts her like a bitch but she regens from that and doesn't try it again.

Parasyte: Very close to real life, they're all good.

Black Clover: Nah, just nah. So many blackholes, especially the one who has a power named black hole.

Riordianverse: Same as Jujutsu Kaisen.

God of Highschool: Well, for one thing, the gods actually stop being too big of a theat since most of their stuff would turn them into blackholes. Downside martial arts gets a lot more boring.

Jujutsu Kaisen: It seems to try and stick close to real word physics so I think most of the characters will operate the same, though Gojo now has this annoying thing where air is always igniting whenever he starts going too fast.

Deluge of the Abyss: Only Herah exist at the moment, but due to her explicit resistance to heat she's actually all right. Until going faster than light, which hurts her like a bitch but she regens from that and doesn't try it again.

Parasyte: Very close to real life, they're all good.

Black Clover: Nah, just nah. So many blackholes, especially the one who has a power named black hole.

Riordianverse: Same as Jujutsu Kaisen.

God of Highschool: Well, for one thing, the gods actually stop being too big of a theat since most of their stuff would turn them into blackholes. Downside martial arts gets a lot more boring.
Gojou Satoru has just gained a new ability lmao. He has low level fire manip, since the fire won't hurt him.
I wonder if Hunter x Hunter characters get protected from fire by their nen?

Hunter X Hunter folks are only protected on the exterior so if they move too fast their insides go sploot. Also the chimera ants fail evolution completely.

Hunter X Hunter folks are only protected on the exterior so if they move too fast their insides go sploot. Also the chimera ants fail evolution completely.
Don't think that's true. Aura enhances the things that it surrounds, it doesn't simply act like an armor and involve it. If a hunter has a shit-ton of aura and swallows a bomb, they can survive it if the aura is surrounding the affected region. If that weren't the case, the same technique — enhancement — wouldn't be able to be used for fully internal stuff like Kurapika's healing.

Is that so? I must be thinking of specific techniques then. Been a while since I read HXH.

And thus the SCP foundation loses a good portion of the more dangerous anomalies like 106, 682 as well most anomalies in general. Most toon force users don't survive the change.

Don't have a favorite verse so I'll just do two of my faves;

Ergenverse is weird since there's an actual in-verse explanation for all the physics-breaking BS. Though the main thing would be that all cultivation planets collapse under their own mass to form black holes (what you get for having sun-sized countries).

Cthulhu Mythos is mostly fine beyond the aliens exploding when moving around.

Red Dwarf (BBC/Dave) has none of the powers work because the scientific explanations for them make no sense. Also Bussard Ramjets don't actually work so the Red Dwarf never ends up anywhere and neither can literally any ship because they use basic fuel sources so, you know, they can't exactly move so fast that they bump into planets, moons and derelict spaceships regularly.

The Good Place regular physics shouldn't apply to them anyway, although Janet wouldn't have her nigh omniscience because her exposition is complete incoherent bullshit and she would have to be a dumdum to compensate.

Discworld if you take the best of all the contradictory lore spread across random comments, explanation books and actual plot points (but mainly the science of discworld books) everything should be working fine given how the verse explicitly has separate physics. Heck, even conservation of energy is supposed to be taken account of.

Last edited:
You basically need to be High 3-A to survive FTL speed since that's the amount of energy it outputs
actually i think you need to have above baseline high 3-A dura to survive at those speeds, to get to light speed you need infinite energy, to go beyond it, you need more than infinite, so above baseline high 3-A maybe?

I mean, there really isn't a difference IRL, infinite energy is infinite.

Back