• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The King’s Last Jester - Joker vs Gilgamesh

Profiles are (getting) updated, so we can get this going.

image0.webp

image1.png

Both 6-D.

Does the Jester steal the last laugh, or does the King seize the usurp?

Joker (Mid-Game):
Gilgamesh (Original Power):

Standard Battle Assumptions, and Stardard Equipment for both parties.

Joker is actually 5-D, but this literally doesn't matter due to MT's busted-ass Accelerated Development and Reactive Evolution. Considering these characters go from Low 1-C to 1-A in the next Palace after one encounter, and we later see fodder Shadows(atp in the game) go to 1-A with Akechi's Call of Chaos, Joker immediately rises to 6-D either the moment their battle starts or extremely quick into it. And if Gilgamesh decides to raise his stats, Joker will end up following suit.

So what are Gil's win-cons in this case?

i don't see anything on Ren's profile that can deal with Ten Crowns. also someone pointed out something to me a while ago that is a pretty big deal regarding one of Gilgamesh's potential weapons. isn't the Seventh Holy Scripture on this website considered 1-A for destroying Roa's soul that can exist in the Root? wouldn't Gilgamesh have that in his Gate of Babylon or the prototype since it is made by humanity? i think it's a bit extreme, but going by this website that seems to be the case.

i don't see anything on Ren's profile that can deal with Ten Crowns. also someone pointed out something to me a while ago that is a pretty big deal regarding one of Gilgamesh's potential weapons. isn't the Seventh Holy Scripture on this website considered 1-A for destroying Roa's soul that can exist in the Root? wouldn't Gilgamesh have that in his Gate of Babylon or the prototype since it is made by humanity? i think it's a bit extreme, but going by this website that seems to be the case.
Ren resists Subjective Reality manipulation via his inherent resistance to Cognition. I can't comment on the rest, Milly is more familiar with Fate than I am.

what is Ren's first step?

in this key Gilgamesh does not hesitate to issue EA and spam thousands of Gate Of Babylon which has various kinds of hax

what is Ren's first step?
His elemental spells.

in this key Gilgamesh does not hesitate to issue EA and spam thousands of Gate Of Babylon which has various kinds of hax
Danmaku is also no problem to him, considering Ren can simply do the same, and Null/Reflect Physical negates any weapon and prevents the ability from activating because it cannot damage him.

His elemental spells.
what is "elemental" mean? is it like Elemental Manipulation? if so, Gilgamesh resist it. Ten Crown can passively negate all attack, also has layer of resistance and negation up to 20+ thanks to his Authority.
Danmaku is also no problem to him, considering Ren can simply do the same, and Null/Reflect Physical negates any weapon and prevents the ability from activating because it cannot damage him
Gilgamesh resist Power Null. how does ren resist Enuma Elish of Gilgamesh?

Last edited:
tbh the subjective reality in MT seems pretty weird and also depends on other people. don't really see how resisting stuff like that is proper resistance since the ability itself seems to rely on the perception of others. but yeah, I guess we could go with more resistance or whatever for Gil too. so there's that. I don't see what's stopping Gilgamesh from walking through his stuff and hitting him with numerous anti immortality and anti regeneration weapons, potential sealing items, or concept destruction with the Seventh Holy Scripture, which would be in his Gate of Babylon, which should be enough with or without rating it as 1-A. but I think this website does, though I think that's a little extreme. elemental attacks also are a bad starting option since Gilgamesh has attack reflection in his profile too.

Not to mention literally nothing is stopping Gilgamesh from just putting a sword or something in Ren's back because he can put portals anywhere he damn well pleases as he wishes.

Oh, and I'm also going to call foul on Ren going 6-D immediately. One encounter isn't fast enough for Ren not to get fu-fu-fu-fuuucked by Ea or literally anything Gilgamesh does. Cause I SERIOUSLY doubt Ren has EVER dealt with better danmaku then Gil's.

also Enuma Elish aside from ignoring conventional durability can also ignore invincibility, since it can completely ignore BB activating her invincibility in the final fight and is the only thing in the entire game that can do this. Ren seems pretty screwed here.

How about "literal ocean of weapons that can literally stop a beam of energy" level of danmaku.
Doesn’t care about that, look at his range, those are the kind of ranged spells he deals with.

tbh the subjective reality in MT seems pretty weird and also depends on other people. don't really see how resisting stuff like that is proper resistance since the ability itself seems to rely on the perception of others.
Try looking at the quote of Understanding, or even the first power, maybe. Particularly the part that specifically says “is responsible for the creation of the verse at large”.

I don't see what's stopping Gilgamesh from walking through his stuff and hitting him with numerous anti immortality and anti regeneration weapons, potential sealing items, or concept destruction with the Seventh Holy Scripture, which would be in his Gate of Babylon, which should be enough with or without rating it as 1-A. but I think this website does, though I think that's a little extreme. elemental attacks also are a bad starting option since Gilgamesh has attack reflection in his profile too.
Null/Reflect Physical stops all of that. How does his attack reflection work?

Not to mention literally nothing is stopping Gilgamesh from just putting a sword or something in Ren's back because he can put portals anywhere he damn well pleases as he wishes.
Do yourself a favor and try looking at the earlier arguments, including the ones that say Ren deals with spells that spawn on you, and dodges.

Oh, and I'm also going to call foul on Ren going 6-D immediately. One encounter isn't fast enough for Ren not to get fu-fu-fu-fuuucked by Ea or literally anything Gilgamesh does. Cause I SERIOUSLY doubt Ren has EVER dealt with better danmaku then Gil's.
Try reading the blatant Accelerated Development & Reactive Evolution first, maybe.

what is "elemental" mean? is it like Elemental Manipulation? if so, Gilgamesh resist it. Ten Crown can passively negate all attack, also has layer of resistance and negation up to 20+ thanks to his Authority.
Yeah, elemental spells, plus curse, and holy spells. Ren has 1-A subjective reality resistance, considering the fact that all Persona-users can maintain themselves in the Atziluth, a space beyond dimensions.

Because he passively goes to his level at such a speed Gil can't do anything, drop the shit Milly, your fooling nobody.
Stop putting words in my mouth and accusing me, is there something wrong with you? How does he get stomped if he is now brought to his level? He only evolves again if he’s about to die. Stop acting like some badass and actually look at the scans for once.

Stop putting words in my mouth and accusing me, is there something wrong with you? How does he get stomped if he is now brought to his level? He only evolves again if he’s about to die. Stop acting like some badass and actually look at the scans for once.
Try reading the blatant Accelerated Development & Reactive Evolution first, maybe.
If Gil literally can't land a hit due to attack reflection and dodging or Ren's jump to 6-D is as fast as you say it is, then he gets stomped. If he can land a hit then Ren is completely obliterated by Ea which is Gil's starting move in this key and has 6-D AOE. Try finding the in-between, cause there is none.

If Gil literally can't land a hit due to attack reflection and dodging or Ren's jump to 6-D is as fast as you say it is, then he gets stomped. If he can land a hit then Ren is completely obliterated by Ea which is Gil's starting move in this key and has 6-D AOE. Try finding the in-between, cause there is none.
Gilgamesh gets stomped by a baseline jumping 6-D with 20+ layered resistances? Are you nuts? If it was that easy, I wouldn’t have made the match.

First you act like some Internet warrior trying to accuse me, without knowing either of the opponent’s capabilities, then saying there’s no in-between? Literally all of the justifications are in the scans, nowhere does it say “x hits once, and is now higher-D, x hits once, is now another D”. Get your head out of your ass and stop trying to act like I have a plan here. I’ve been respectful, so you’re not going to come here and act like I’ve got an ulterior motive.

Last edited:
Gilgamesh gets stomped by a baseline jumping 6-D with 20+ layered? Are you nuts?

First you act like some Internet warrior trying to accuse me, without knowing either of the opponent’s capabilities, then saying there’s no in-between? Literally all of the justifications are in the scans, nowhere does it say “x hits once, and is now higher-D, x hits once, is now another D”. Get your head out of your ass and stop trying to act like I have a plan here. I’ve been respectful, so you’re not going to come here and act like I’ve got an ulterior motive.
Hax =/= actual tier. Since when has layers actually meant someone is layers into the tier? Authority kinda works like a scaling chain but also adds layers for each member of the chain's hax.

I'm not acting like a warrior I'm calling shit where I see it. You pretty much set this up to be a stomp in your arguments, because if Gil actually can't do anything to hit Ren like your arguing then this is a stomp because Gil lacks a way to hit Ren. Starting at 5-D doesn't matter when you can send the man's attacks right the hell back at him. On the adverse if Ren can't dodge or reflect Enuma Elish then he gets obliterated. Shit like hax that ain't on Gil's profile is stuff he's never used. No in-between.

And by the by reflecting Enuma Elish will kill Gilgamesh. It's a one-shot on Kiara and as such is a one-shot on him.

... anyways

if Gilgamesh has that many layers of resistance, isn't subjective reality going to win out still? regardless, I still have my issues with MT subjective reality. not in terms of scale but how it works.

also since you guys consider hax useless compared to cosmology, wouldn't Ren's reflection be useless while he's 5-D?

... anyways

if Gilgamesh has that many layers of resistance, isn't subjective reality going to win out? and since you guys consider hax useless compared to cosmology, wouldn't Ren's reflection be useless while he's 5-D?
Didn't milly like, just say that Ren has a 1-A resistance to subjective reality?

Back