• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The issue of Users vs Pages threads

Rodri_"Dante"

Hablo español.
Joke Battles
Administrator
This is something that has been bothering me for quite a long time. Basically, all of these matchups become "X deletes Y" or "X makes Y's page blank". While this may seem valid at first, after some analisis you will notice that it is far from the case.

It does not affect everyone
So tell me: What happens to PewDiePie when you delete this page? What happens to Crabwhale when you delete this page? Literally nothing, they keep existing and the only thing you managed to do is make the winner harder to decide since people now can not read their page. Even a few fictional characters are unaffected by this: Laika existed before having a page here, The Player existed before having a page here, I even deleted my own page a couple of days ago to see if I kept exist, and I still exist.

Of course, OC and other profiles which originated here AND HAVE NOT SHOWN TO EXIST OUT OF THE WIKI would still be exterminated without a doubt, but that brings me to my second point.

Vandalism
I can not believe people NEVER take this into account. Unless you have a reason to delete a page, it will be considered vandalism, you will receive a warn or outright be blocked, and the page will be restored. You are basically doing a suicide attack that might not even work in the first place.

tl;dr: Stop using that argument, it is stupid and invalid in most cases.

It's the even if that happens, nothing will happen to X argument (Aka The Carlos Agrument) all over again.

^ This.

I honestly have ignored it for the most part since there doesn't seem to be a lot of battles between Wiki users and real world people who just so happen to have a profile here, but it's true, this has gotten out of hand.

Even if that happens, nothing will happen to me. (Please don't delete my page I wrote that as a joke)

Overlord775 said:
What about normal battles between User's OP selfes ? Would they be removed too ?
Nothing will get removed. This is just to inform wannabe-op's that deleting a page doesn't affect everyone.

Thank you rodri for bringing this up, I completely agree with you.

(also sorry i removed the font it made it hard to read and this is an important thread)

When did this even become a thing that people like to do?

Back