• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The issue of Potential Energy

As said above, I'm for keeping the status quo, i.e. battle applicable attacks need no timeframe factor and for non-battle applicable stuff use 1 second.

Don't see how this would affect pocket dimension feats, as they aren't ranked using PE in the first place?

Don't see how this would affect pocket dimension feats, as they aren't ranked using PE in the first place?
Something like that, at least, I remember starry-sky pocket-dimension feats not relying on PE at all.

Last edited:
I thought the argument was lifting often involves a different set of muscles or something and even finding the power of a slow lift would be wack?

I thought the argument was lifting often involves a different set of muscles or something and even finding the power of a slow lift would be wack?
Apparently according to DT's statements it'd only be wack for slow lifts, actual rapid lifts like the Naruto moon thing and the Psykos feat should still prolly be fine for the most part. I think.

We are, amongst others, talking about telekinetic lifting and similar here, where muscles are completely irrelevant.

When it comes to muscles, though, I, tbh, never really liked the muscles argument for higher tiers. It's a distinction that makes sense for Tier 10 and maybe 9 characters. But someone with 7-A lifting energy wouldn't have 8-B punching energy due to different muscle groups.
However, even for those 7-A's one has to consider that if you lift something over like a minute your battle applicable energy output isn't as high as the total energy you spend in lifting. So, in general, I still agree that one has to adjust for slow lifts.

By our current standards, fast lifts are allowed regardless of the muscle argument in any case, so I'm fine with the standards even if I don't like how they are argued for.

wait, so is that an agreement or not?
Unfortunately, doesn't seem like it.

DontTalk, Spino and Damage have voiced their disagreements with your thread and have chosen to maintain the status quo of using potential energy as a low-ball for fast-moving feats where timeframes are uncertain, due to the whole "less assumptions the better" argument.

And if the feat takes a long time to perform just divide the total yield by the amount of time taken to figure out how much energy is expended in one second, like DT said.

Beyond this, I got no horse in the race at this point.

Last edited:
I always consider CT to be a gravity hax which doesn't scale to the users ap
Leave that for the upcoming CT CRT. Not here.

I should just note this right here, right now, in case someone gets confused regarding Nagato's CT with NaruSauce and Hagoromo/Hamura's Six Paths Chibaku Tensei:

Six Paths Chibaku Tensei is a blatant KE feat since it involves hurling the moon, but PE was used due to lack of quantifiable timeframes. It isn't just gravity hax, it's brute-force KE too.

If you have anything else to argue, leave it for the CRT that Rocker will make in the near future.

Last edited:
Feels like you're conflating two separate issues there; the formation of the CT which is calced through PE due to lack of questifiable timeframes as you say, and the "hurling of the CT" which is a separate feat from the formation. In the case of Hagoromo & Hamura they did seemingly "hurl" theirs into place, whereas Naruto and Sasuke did not "hurl" theirs.

And if the feat takes a long time to perform just divide the total yield by the amount of time taken to figure out how much energy is expended in one second, like DT said.
That's one of the main things I wanted with this thread though, as this is currently neither a standard nor done.

If characters raise entire mountains, mountain ranges or even continents, we act as if it's done in one second, which really shouldn't be the default assumption for such feats. (not even talking about the fact that it's often used for AP when that's technically against the rules.)

That's one of the main things I wanted with this thread though, as this is currently neither a standard nor done.

If characters raise entire mountains, mountain ranges or even continents, we act as if it's done in one second, which really shouldn't be the default assumption for such feats. (not even talking about the fact that it's often used for AP when that's technically against the rules.)
Think of it like a wattage calc. Suppose the sun expends 1.19852e+34 J in one year. One year is 31540000 seconds. 1.19852e+34/31540000= 3.8e+26 J/s

But in cases where timeframes are borderline impossible to discern for fast-moving KE feats, like in novels or manga scans, PE is the go-to method as a low-end since it takes less assumptions than trying to figure out timeframe. If there is a discernable timeframe, good old classic KE.

Feels like you're conflating two separate issues there; the formation of the CT which is calced through PE due to lack of questifiable timeframes as you say, and the "hurling of the CT" which is a separate feat from the formation. In the case of Hagoromo & Hamura they did seemingly "hurl" theirs into place, whereas Naruto and Sasuke did not "hurl" theirs.
IIRC wasn't there a timeframe for where Naruto and Sasuke were shown to have pushed the moon away into the sky?

IIRC wasn't there a timeframe for where Naruto and Sasuke were shown to have pushed the moon away into the sky?
No. Naruto and Sasuke didn't push their completed CT further up into the sky or send it into orbit like Hagoromo and Hamura did to theirs.

No. Naruto and Sasuke didn't push their completed CT further up into the sky or send it into orbit like Hagoromo and Hamura did to theirs.
I see.

Well, at least it stands for Hagoromo and Hamura's case. I'll leave it at that then.

Back