• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Battle takes place outside the cabin from the slay the princess game
This does bring up the question of whether the Shifting Mound would intervene and yoink the Witch right as the battle starts or not. We never really reached a solid conclusion of that in the Goku thread. Even if not, this open environment does make the Witch's Root Manipulation virtually null.

That said, if the Witch behaves anything like her previous incarnation, she’s likely to be quite stealthy. Her Chapter 1 counterpart became completely imperceptible to the Hero while in an enclosed and empty basement. Admittedly, the darkness helped, but still.

The biggest challenge here is that the cabin is perched on a hill, and while there are trees nearby, they’re definitely farther than 6 meters away. She’d need to make an immediate sprint for the forest if she wants to attempt a sneak attack. Which is honestly in-character lol
Another issue is her being roughly baseline 9-C. Even if she successfully lands a sneak attack, Hunter could likely still push her away. Once that happens, she's kinda done for.

This does bring up the question of whether the Shifting Mound would intervene and yoink the Witch right as the battle starts or not. We never really reached a solid conclusion of that in the Goku thread. Even if not, this open environment does make the Witch's Root Manipulation virtually null.

That said, if the Witch behaves anything like her previous incarnation, she’s likely to be quite stealthy. Her Chapter 1 counterpart became completely imperceptible to the Hero while in an enclosed and empty basement. Admittedly, the darkness helped, but still.

The biggest challenge here is that the cabin is perched on a hill, and while there are trees nearby, they’re definitely farther than 6 meters away. She’d need to make an immediate sprint for the forest if she wants to attempt a sneak attack. Which is honestly in-character lol
Another issue is her being roughly baseline 9-C. Even if she successfully lands a sneak attack, Hunter could likely still push her away. Once that happens, she's kinda done for.
I didn’t mean outside like in the forest I just meant like literally outside of the cabin like near it but not in the forest

But given the distance I’d assume they’d be on opposite sides of the cabin (outside of it?

How do you think Hunter will handle the stealth stuff? You think he can fight back against a baseline 9-C sneak attacking him?
I could give him the radar which allows him to detect where a character is, basically if he has knowledge of his opponent he can use his prep to make it so his radar detects them on the map in the form of a yellow dot

But even then he fights against dinosaurs that have stealth mastery in the form of ambush so it isn’t something he’s unfamiliar with

How do you think Hunter will handle the stealth stuff? You think he can fight back against a baseline 9-C sneak attacking him?
But yeah if he gets radar he can see exactly where the princess is and stuff

It doesn’t really work indoors though since it can show the insides of things.

But yeah dinosaurs have killed him via ambush

Giving him the Radar probably makes it a stomp, her getting an ambush is her main wincon, afterall.
It doesn’t really work indoors though since it can show the insides of things.
The only indoors in the area is the cabin, and she's definitely not going back there, she has no reason to believe that it won't trap her again.

Giving him the Radar probably makes it a stomp, her getting an ambush is her main wincon, afterall.

The only indoors in the area is the cabin, and she's definitely not going back there, she has no reason to believe that it won't trap her again.
I guess he could have a chance of not getting ambushed but given he has been ambushed by Dinosaurs in the game (you can be attacked by dinosaurs your not even hunting in the game) I’d say the princess would probably sneak up on him more often than not

So I’ll probably give princess the vote

I think the princess would win via these Paralysis Inducement, Biological Manipulation and Fear Aura , Immortality (Type 1, 2 and 3, Regeneration (Mid-Low to Low-Mid and Memory Manipulation
She only gets those abilities under very specific circumstances, like genuinely believing that she can't die or viewing her as "something out of a nightmare."
She's a fragment of the Shifting Mound, who's the abstract concept of transformation, which makes her a perception-based entity. She takes the form of whatever others believe her to be.

Back