• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Hunter (Bloodborne) vs Talion (1 MORE VOTE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh.

I'm sorry but.

Hunter is getting like four tiers soon and

None of them are 8-C.

8-A | 7-C | 5-A | 4-C | At least 4-C

RIP Thread then

I remember Kaitias saying Talion would be 8-A soon so...

Then that'd be cool, yeah. But we finally got a calc of Hunter's Kirkhammer swing, and it came out to a bit over 800 Tons IIRC. I'm working on a scaling blog for the revised tiers right now.

Maybe you can post it here when you're done?

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2046381

AP Stomp. Hunter has 8-A key, still waiting for Talion to get his.

>you can close it

Dude I'm calc group lol, I'm barely staff. But yeah, it could be closed.

I will warn you, though, Talion's feat might not be accepted as 8-A, really depends on how other people take it.

Alright. So from what I can tell this fight hinges a lot on how good Talion's ability to resurrect. How good is it/does it have any requirements?

It takes half a day and it's soul based.

He resurrects on a tower in Mordor.

It's the Hunter's resurrection minus time rewind and with towers instead of lamps basically

So, assuming this battle takes place under optimal conditions neither can win, I think, unless it takes half a day for Talion to get back to the Hunter (thus making it a day he was out).

So killing is out. How good is Talion's timehax and morality hax? I'm assuming the morality thing is where he beats down the willpower of an enemy and when they're weak forces them to join him? If so I don't see that happening to Hunter.

If nothing else, it eventually comes down to Hunter mindhaxxing with Bloodletter over an absurd amount of time since both are immortal and can just fight forever otherwise, depending on Talion's timehax.

I don't remember how Talion's time hax work.

Morality I dunno. But his mind hax doesn't require beating up someone, he can do it from a few metres away via raising his hand.

Captains and commanders being unable to be mind haxed right away is either due to resistance (which I doubt) or due to game mechanics (which i'm sure of).

Hunter lacks the former and the latter isn't a factor here, so it's something useful for Talion here

So it comes down to who haxes who. I think Talion has a better chance, maybe, assuming we disregard the aspects you describe as Mindhax. I'll vote him, high-diff, for now, 6/10.

WeeklyBattles said:
The Hunter does have mind hax resistance though, very good mind hax resistance at that
They resist the passive madness hax of Great Ones, and they resist the Blue Elixer, which "numbs the mind". For some bloody reason it is listed as Sleep Manip, lol? I don't recall the Hunter ever running into Talion's brand of hax.

@Bambu "Dubious liquid medicine used in strange experiments conducted by high ministers of the Healing Church. A type of anesthetic that numbs the brain.

Hunters, able to retain consciousness by force of will, make use of secondary effect of the medicine, which dilutes their presence while standing still."

This is why its sleep manip

So it mindhaxes you into sleep

And is listed as solely sleep manip

Plus, isn't it litiraly mentioned in SBA that:

mind control resistance by being a capable mind user would also work against other Verses, but mind control resistance through a strong will would not necessarily work against mind control from other Verses.

Ricsi does have a point.

Timehax lets him slow down time, then summoning duplicates of himself or summoning nearby spirits to aid him.

Morality hax, he can dominate and "brand" an opponent, making them join his side.

As for mindhax, see CTR

For morality and mindhax? he uses it frequently on orcs.

It's more "he is a RPG character so we don't know".

That said, it's a pretty important mechanic in SoM, and Talion used his mind manipulation both in SoM and in SoW to create an army for himself, so it's definitely far from OOC, at the very least

Oh... I though you were mentioning timehax

He leads with mind/morality hax, because the game revolves mostly around that

I believe the standard with RPG characters is that they'd start with what is essentially a random attack within reason.

@Dargoo

Yes, but mind hax falls under "random attack within reasons" for Talion.

It's quite normal to start the assault on a fortress by mindhaxing part of the garrison, for example (and in fact it's usually the best way unless you plan to fight your way through all the Uruks of Mordor).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back