• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Haunted Mask Revision, and other things

Gewsbumpz_dude

Username Only
Same thing as last time, except with The Haunted Mask (cause the profile still has feats and stats that don't appear in the books, like with the range). I was going to hold this off for a larger CRT for the Goosebumps verse but I was just impatient and the rewrite blog has been sitting around for like a week. This time I would like to bring up 3 other things alongside this rewrite, which you can see here.

Here are the other things I will like to bring up;

1. Headless brought this up in the Goosebumps discussion thread and I felt like it needed to be addressed. The Beast (Game)'s tier is bullshit. His argument is that The Beast should be 9-C given that it is described as a large and hulking, which fits the Street level criteria, to quote;

"Characters who stand at the threshold of human strength and capabilities, represented by Olympic level athletes or rigorously trained martial artists, as well as larger animals."

I personally fully agree with Headless on this, however I would like to beg to differ by saying he should be Wall level instead given that he ***** the player up in brutal ways that would certainly warrant this tier, like tearing his arms off in a single swipe. So The Beast (Game) should be either 9-C or 9-B.

2. Probably the most controversial one. Ok, I've done some deep analysis on this so hear me out. Slappy (Books) should have Fear Manipulation and Madness Manipulation (Type 3), let me explain.

Slappy according to The Fright Gallery is just as evil and The Haunted Mask, both scoring a 9/10 on the evil scale. As described in my rewrite blog, The Haunted Mask's natural evil is enough to induce irrational fear or straight up cause others to actually die of fright, and given Slappy is just as evil as The Haunted Mask he should have those abilities. I go into a more detailed look on this and describe how it fits the description of type 3 Madness Manipulation. This seems pretty straight forward if you ask me.

3. Book Slappy and TV Show Slappy should be given the Parasites category given their Possession. Simple.

Edit: Book Slappy should also have Disease Manipulation since when he was a human in Bride of the Living Dummy he spread several strange illnesses with his toys.

Last edited:
Ok then

Agree: 1

Disagree: None

Unknown: None

Also as a quick note, can we not be like last time and have a long stupid argument near the end of the CRT please? Thank you.

As usual, and as said in the discussion thread I completely agree.

No. 2 while I can see some people having issue with, in context, at least for me, it makes sense.

Yeah, that is probably the part that won't get by, but I still have faith in it and it is pretty hard to argue against official statistics.

Agree: 2

I mean evil as is a definitive concept within Goosebumps lore, so I don’t see why it shouldn’t be accepted. I mean the other stats should be so I don’t know why evil, which is just another stat, shouldn’t be brought into consideration. At worst I feel “possibly” would suffice.

Some of this was part of the Google Doc, but I got impatient with some of the stuff I wanted to change so I'm doing it right now.

Agree: 6

Now that I have arrived onto the new forum I should inform the people here that I disagree with the parasite point. Simply possessing someone doesn't make you a parasite and not all parasites possess people. I am not fully sure about the Monster Time thing yet.

1. Other characters with Possession like Pennywise (Book) have the category, so I don’t see why it shouldn’t apply here. Plus the Immortality type with Possession and body hoping is called “Parasitic“.

2. Monster Time is almost entirely irrelevant to what this CRT will add.

Is there like a maximum amount of votes a CRT can get for it to get accepted?

Because so far this thread has 6 people agreeing with it and no serious objections.

Likely not, we just need one vote from a staff member and this should be good since Amelia should hopefully respond soon.

Sorry, sorry, I meant to reply earlier.

Social influencing and martial arts I'm iffy on because stat scaling is a bit weird, but the rest seems ine.

You’re fine, as I said on Discord your help has been appreciated as always. As for the parts you thought were iffy I will just put a ”possibly” with them, that should be fine.

Now that an admin has agreed to this, this can be implemente.

Back