• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Bambu

Suffer-Not-Injustice Bambu
VS Battles
Joke Battles
Super Moderator
Administrator
Calculation Group
Silver Supporter
I made the new Goblin page just for this matchup tbh. Though I thought it'd be with a Hobgoblin and not, in fact, this new weird goblin I found from Dragon Magazine.

A worghest gets discovered by the not-doomguy ripoff and the two fight to the death. Who wins and why?

Starting range will be 30 meters for this fight.

Goblin Slayer: 8 (Litentric, Gimmy, Iaputus, Apex, Dragopentling, DDM, Phoenix, Xmark)

Warghest:

Incon:

I think the slayer should take it. Assuming they have comparable AP, the Worghest doesn't really have anything the goblins in his own verse don't aside from some extra resistances that are largely irrelevant here. Slayer has a shield and sword as well. I think the Warghest has some kind of axe? But they don't have range, so they have no means of wearing down his shield before entering CQC, where the Slayer should be more skilled, in particular fighting against a goblin.

I think the Slayer should take this one handily, assuming that I'm looking at the correct key for the Warghest.

So, does the Goblinslayer's knowledge about goblins apply to goblinoids? If yes then its an advantages for him since it knowns about it mondus operandis. As for the Worghest it has stealth advantage.

True, stealth helps, but I don't think they'd be starting 4km apart here. I would imagine that, given their respective ranges, they'd be starting much closer.

But I'm sure the OP can clarify.

What does Goblin Slayer scale to AP wise? Worghest scales to Burning Hands which is reasonably high into the tier.

Antoniofer said:
So, does the Goblinslayer's knowledge about goblins apply to goblinoids? If yes then its an advantages for him since it knowns about it mondus operandis. As for the Worghest it has stealth advantage.
Normally I'd say yes, but Worghest isn't like other goblins due to being a hybrid between a Goblin and a Barghest, which is a wolf-like creature.

Litentric Teon said:
True, stealth helps, but I don't think they'd be starting 4km apart here. I would imagine that, given their respective ranges, they'd be starting much closer.
But I'm sure the OP can clarify.
's true. At best they'd scale to tens of meters.

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
Wait
Is the wargheist the one with the weird possesion thing?
No, that's Nilbog. The OP one since a CR 1 scales to mindhaxing kingdoms of goblins lol.

I've added 30 meter starting range for this fight.

Okay, thank you. I think I'll stay by my original reasoning. SBA has them in a park. I don't think hiding behind a tree is going to prove super useful here.

Apex PredatorX said:
Goblin Slayer FRA
Btw, Goblin Slayer became high popular in just some weeks due to the anime. ovo
Never even seen it. I just like how he looks and wanted to spam him a little.

ey

he did it

he slayed a goblin

look at that

Eyup.

also i genuinely thought he was based on the doomslayer

what if I told you that while I have never read a light novel in my life and didn't even know what they were until recently I am partially tempted to pick one up now

Internet shut down and never had the chance to vote properly; was going to vote for Goblin Slayer but is a little late for that.

I looked over the ogre's swing and that is about six times above baseline. Though, that is assuming that the attack is moving relativly slow for arrow timers.

Regardless, the slayers scroll should help a lot if all else fails.

@Ricsi You should look at Jacket vs GS match. There is a calc made from the Goblin Champion that puts him decently in 9-B, but it is not accepted yet.

I see. Also, should be noted that he's AP is quiet a bit higher than his dura, as he could cut clean through a goblin that cut his shield like butter.

I don't think GS's AP is above his dura. If that was the case, he would be damaging himself everytime he hits something.

That would work only if his AP was ridicoliusly above. Especially since it's done with his sword, not fists.

But if that is true, he would have been overpowering the Champion instead of him running around and getting hit.

Anyway, we should put this discussion in another thread (maybe a CRT). There are some things that it's not on GS's profile that may need to be added.

Not really. Being able to stab something strong enough to one-shot you is not really the same as frappling someone into submission. Especially since the champion is superior to the chief.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
I looked over the ogre's swing and that is about six times above baseline. Though, that is assuming that the attack is moving relativly slow for arrow timers.
Regardless, the slayers scroll should help a lot if all else fails.
D&D doesn't scale to baseline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back