• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Ghost of Tsushima vs The Hundred-Man Slayer

Since this is Golden Age Guts, he'll struggle against Jin for sure. I'm leaning Jin since against foreigners he's more likely to pull more dishonorable tactics like range and such. But I haven't read the Golden Age in a long time so maybe Guts has dealt with that before.

Since this is Golden Age Guts, he'll struggle against Jin for sure. I'm leaning Jin since against foreigners he's more likely to pull more dishonorable tactics like range and such. But I haven't read the Golden Age in a long time so maybe Guts has dealt with that before.
He has.

During the 100-man battle, he was shot at by several soldiers with crossbows, and during his rescue of Griffith later on he was sniped at by a javelin-wielding man in almost total darkness, so Guts knows how to deal with cheap shots from range.

Anyway, I assume we're going with the strongest 9-B version of Guts? Because Guts scales wayyy above 100k joules (due to already scaling above himself when he beat Bazuso, who defeated a bear in single combat) while Jin Sakai only scales above 31k joules through being able to defeat Ussuri Boars (which is still quite honestly better than just giving him baseline).

Jin has a lot in his arsenal that can hold Guts at bay and probably even kill him, but Guts has the ability to one-shot Jin. Guts has immense Pain Tolerance so I think he can close that gap and kill Jin before Jin opens with his worse arsenal. His probability manip also is his safety net from suffering any real hits from Jin's weapons, and his Immense Pain Tolerance and Supernatural Willpower helps him power through anything that does hurt.

It's a close match and depending on what Jin opens with, it can go either way but I'm giving it to Guts for now.

Stat difference seems vital here. Best he could do is rely on poison if he discovers Guts doesn't really have resistance against that.

Gonna side tie for now

Jin has no issue opening with poison darts

Crossbows seems to have given Guts the most trouble in the 100 man fight, and he got tagged a bunch of times. So it is plausible for Guts to fail avoiding a poison dart.

0019-019.png
0020-014.png
0021-001.png
0021-010.png

Jin is also able to escape with his smoke/flashbang bombs, and he would have superior tracking via. summoning wind.

I just don't think that's enough to get past the massive AP gap, and Guts being able to keep on his ass with his various safety nets in making sure he stays close, imo at best it's either a win or incon, with Jin barely able to get a win in the small chances. Guts has immense stamina to keep up the pressure that I'm not sure Jin can manage versus the 100 men that Guts had already faced.

Back