• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
The Ghost of Bikini Bottom challenges the creator of Kung Fu

the_flying_dutchman__spongebob_squarepants__by_almightydanartwork_dduk7o7-fullview.jpg
master_oogway_by_celticbotan_d4jbph5-pre.jpg

Rules:
  • Both are 8-B with 8-A for oogway restricted
  • Speed is equalized
  • Fight takes place on a beach in Bikini Atoll

A staple villain of many childhood's:

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present: 7

Last edited:
I mean, if they get sent to the void, would someone who doesn't resist void manipulation survive???
Does it act like an actual void, or is that just the name of the place?

Edit: What I mean is more like, is there any further context about "the void"? The clip kinda cuts off immediately after saying it sent them there.

What if we gave Oogway Void Manip resistance via scaling off Fenghuang hurr hurr.

The void is just kind of a standard black area with nothing in it.

What does the soul manip do?

Basically the Flying Dutchman can plain right steal somebody’s soul right out of their body, emit a green like gas that if caught by it steals your soul and brings it right to the Flying Dutchman (shown in the boo-kini bottom episode), he can make a deal with the opponent in exchange for their soul, or he literally turns his opponent’s into ghosts if all else fails. So the Dutchman has a lot of options when it comes to soul manip. After the souls get caught up, they are instantly spawned to the Dutchman’s ship, Davy Jones locker, or his fanny pack (yes I’m serious lol). However if Oogway’s got resistance to soul manip then the Flying Dutchman can’t use it.

Do you guys think that The Flying Dutchman could keep Oogway sealed in his ghost ship or fanny pack if he doesn’t resist soul manip? When the Flying Dutchman stole Patrick’s soul in the legend of boo-kini bottom episode, Patrick got locked in a cage and wasn’t able to get out despite being able to function as a ghost and phase through objects when The Flying Dutchman turned Spongebob and Patrick into ghosts in one episode. This is just a thought and might be chalked up as being PIS or Patrick being to stupid to realize he could. I’m pretty sure Plankton was locked in a cage and was a ghost at one point with the same abilities as Patrick and Spongebob in that one episode where they turn into ghosts. However this might be irrelevant if Oogway can BFR and portal create himself out of situations lol. Just a thought I wanted to point out.

Master Oogway has astral projection with Low Multiversal range, I don't think trapping his soul is going to work.

Then I’d lean on Oogway. The Flying Dutchman has no way of beating Oogway if he can just teleport and get out of Dutchman’s soul and BFR. Plus Oogway is way more experienced in terms of fighting than the Dutchman and could just block his other attacks with his forcefields. I’m voting Oogway.

I'll side with Oogway too. He's massively more skilled and over twice as powerful, and also seems to have far more range.

Ok how is astral projection saving someone from soul manipulation Dutchman is not trapping oogway's physical body he is literally trapping his soul

Oogway can project + recall his soul over universal distances, which outranges wherever the Dutchman will trap it.

Back