• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Fairly Oddparents: A verse having passive Plot Manip except it's not overestimated

Eficiente

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
So, I'll go over the context, the conclusions and then a proposal. The Plot Manip is revealed by the end of the context and recontextualizes former points;
  1. In The Crimson Chin Meets Mighty Mon and Dyno Dad the Nega-Chin is brought from his comic to the real world, is aware that Cosmo & Wanda can grant wishes, he messes some things up, gets defeated and proclaims to have revenge later. The following all happens in a later episode; The Big Superhero Wish!:
  2. Nega-Chin's proclaim of revenge is retconned to add in new stuff he does in the episode, this being his revenge. He's still aware of what Cosmo & Wanda can do through the episode, calling them reality-bending at one point.
  3. Timmy wishes for the world to be like a comicbook, but it's still considered the "3-dimensional world" and later is turned back to normal.
  4. After all the heroes had their powers nullified but the villains still had their powers, the difference in power is stated many times; 15:18 Timmy: "We're weak and powerless", 15:32 Chester: "Now we're powerless", 16:55 Vicky: "Regular people?!" Nega-Chin, Crocker and Francice follow: "Without powers?!", later they laugh at them and Nega-Chin says "This shouldn't take more than 3 seconds. If you need me, I'll be taking a bath...of evil."
  5. The other 3 villains fight the regular people while the latter are the underdogs, but they still win anyway via wacky tactics, managing to keep up with them and harm them too.
  6. Nega-Chin returns, is surprised to see what happened and says "This is impossible, you're just normal people. You can't defeat me, I am super powerful!", then something wacky happened that made him lose. Timmy then wishes the world back to normal and that he, Crimson Chin and Nega-Chin were back in the Crimson Chin comic.
  7. Then the following conversation happens; Nega-Chin: "I don't understand. You beat me, a bunch of normal, powerless kids!", Timmy: "Dude, don't you understand? Being normal doesn't mean you're powerless, in fact, normal people control your entire existence.", Nega-Chin: "Lies!", Crimson Chin: "Actually, it's true.", Timmy: "See that? [Points at an image of the writer of the Crimson Chin comics] That's the guy who writes the stories for your comicbooks, and he believes that good should always triumph over evil. And what the writer says goes.", Nega-Chin: "Egad, no wonder I can never win.", Crimson Chin: "Right, so you'll abandon your mad attempts to take over the 3-Dimensional world?", Nega-Chin: "Of course not! The next time I get out I'm not going after your stupid dogs [Cosmo & Wanda], I'm going after a much bigger prize! [Nega-Chin breaks free and flies upwards, escaping to the 3-Dimensional world]
  8. Crimson Chin tries to say something poetic over the situation, saying something dumb, retracting from it, trying to say something else, and then he says "No, what I mean is-- [Slaps himself in the head] Wait, that's not me, it's the writer's fault!" We cut to see the writer typing in a computer; "[Somehwhat slowly] As long..as there is a single zit on the teenage face of justice... [Deletes what he wrote while saying normally;] Oh, that's dumb. The Crimson Chin would never say that... ! ...Unless I tell him to! [Writes mischievously]". Then Nega-Chin attacks the writer, telling him "Let's have a little chat about heroes."
So, we can draw the following conclusions from it:
  • The writer has Plot Manip and uses it make good always triumph over evil, if ultimately so.
  • That powers apply to the real world as in both appearances of the Nega-Chin that's where he was messing things up.
  • When none of the characters of his comic are involved, the writer logically isn't involved too. However, Cleft has been stated to be part of the Crimson Chin's continuity by the latter in Chin's Up!, so his actions should apply when Timmy does things as Cleft while outside a Crimson Chin story just like it applies to the Nega-Chin when he's in the real world and he's not part of his in-universe canon comics. The writer, somehow, is writing up stories involving even normal Timmy and his secret without it being a comic he will publish; This makes sense from the point of view of the writer being more notable than Cosmo & Wanda despite Nega-Chin knowing what they can do (he also tried to "control" them in The Big Superhero Wish!, but it's unclear if this actually means eventually using their powers for his own and not just keep them trapped), the writer also writes even dialogue slowly and makes decisions on the moment, making interpretable how he makes the story flow as fast as we see it, and, based on his powers, the writer could be the result of Cosmo & Wanda's magic initially making Timmy interact with the comicbook world back in Chin's Up!, hence he's part of the Crimson Chin's continuity despite not being shown as a character in the comics when Timmy isn't in them.
  • This isn't brought up in later episodes, but it's a thing that's portrayed as having always been there and always being there as of this 2 episodes.
  • On the things the writer did to make good triumph on the latter episone, it's possible that he might have made the powerless characters able to keep up with, and harm, their superpowered foes, or maybe that came from their own Toon Force and the writer just made how things moved and happened in other ways, we don't know.
Therefore we should do the following:
  • Make a profile for the writer (He's referred to as "the writer" but technically has a name shown) with an explanation part having the context and conclusions shown before.
  • Timmy only as Cleft, Clefto, Ace and other comicbook characters should have this at the end of their P&A; ". Plot Manipulation when accounting for [[Profile#Explanation|the writer]]".
  • Even the evil comicbook characters should have it, the writer controls them unwillingly but they are their own characters, so it should be optional to account for him or not in threads. The writer's explanation should point this out.

Yes? I hope our Earthbound pages aren't exaggerated, I didn't play any of those games yet.

My apologies, but if the writer only has power over the fictional characters of a story within a story, similar to a real world writer, rather than TFOP world itself, I do not think that this seems necessary or relevant.

He has control over the real world, we know he "writes the stories for [Nega-Chin's] comicbooks" and "controls [his] entire existence", but we also know both things aren't fully accurate as he controls him outside his comicbooks in the real world, him writing the stories there in the real world, not just his characters's existence as in they themselves, the former was as stated as the latter, without contradicting each other, and being proven when he made Crocker, Vicky and Francis (real people, if with powers, and not being his characters) lose to Timmy and a bunch of regular people while Nega-Chin wasn't there. If he was just controlling only the villains there then it doesn't fit on how he writes the stories in general, and why would a writer only control over what individual characters do?

Twice the story he should have controlled took place the 3-Dimensional world, he should have controlled that more or less as we saw it and Crimson Chin implied Nega-Chin couldn't took it over because of the writer.

Okay. Limited plot manipulation is probably fine for him then.

I don't see why limited and only applying to him. He controls the story like a script in a computer with the results being seen as fast as we see them, that on its own doesn't seem limited for the power, he's also a "bigger price" than Cosmo & Wanda despite the only thing he does being writing the story, and Nega-Chin wanted him to succeed on taking over the 3-Dimensional world. The power wouldn't just apply to him as, without we seeing him and with nobody calling him, he was behind the story of his episode, the prequel to it, and would be established to be the reason as to why Nega-Chin would never in the future be able to win, this good triumphing over evil applies to any story he writes and we at least know he's out there writing the stories when his characters are involved.

It seems uncertain if he can control the narrative of the entire world he is a part of, or just the characters of his comicbook when they are brought to life.

I very much admit this is all super weird, but remain confident on the matter.

He controls the narrative of the stories when his characters are involved. After Timmy made his wish in The Big Superhero Wish! the setting was still called the 3-Dimensional world, Crocker, Vicky and Francis were very much real, they fought the real people that were Timmy & co. (and the Crimson Chin but he didn't do much) and good still triumphed because of the writer.

It was first stated that the writer controls Nega-Chin's entire existence and then that he writes the stories for his comicbooks, if taken literally this means that 1. he's like any writer making their stories in fiction and 2. he's by no means only controlling individual characters while doing so, because that's not what writers do and he's said to write the stories. But what was said needs to be recontextualized given other things said and what happened; the stories being for his comicbooks actually means his stories in general, such as when Nega-Chin is in the 3-Dimensional world, and since the writer was never limited to controlling his characters then it's the stories around them he controls.

As a side note, it's not like a real world writer controlling his individual fictional characters in the real world makes perfect sense too.

Okay, but only being able to control stories that involve his characters, after the fairies have brought them into "real life", is still only limited plot manipulation.

I agree on limited for him based on how he can't do it always for anything, for the other thing, I'll add that Nega-Chin came to the 3-Dimensional world with Crimson Chin captured in his own, flew to the 3-Dimensional world on his own by the end of the episode, and still wanted to take it over on other implied attempts to do so, which should account for his ability he has to go there.

Okay. We seem to have reached an agreement then.

Back