• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Doomslayer vs. Alex Mercer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinsye

She/Her
What better way to celebrate a month of spooks by putting a demon slayer against a living virus.

What, you don't do that every October?

Prototype 1 Alex and The Doomslayer are used.

Who wins?

Doomguy: 0

Alex Mercer: 0

Doomguy render
Alex Mercer

I mean I said Low 7-C and you said 7-C and then I realized it was 8-A+

Does nobody else keep up with their thread? The Titan's AP was recalced to 8-A+.

Gargoyle One said:
Also, massive AP stomp
Not really.

Alex can easily absorb Doomguy and Regen off whatever he throws at him. The former won't be as hard as you think since the Doomslayer loves to tear apart his enemies, which is basically a death sentence if he tries that instead of blasting Alex with the super shotgun or something.

Well, more like >>>254 Tons considering he didn't only eat Greene throughout his adventures.

Doomslayer can still absolutely shred him with sheer firepower, especially Quad Damage explosives.

You do realize Quad damage only applies to his weapons? Not to mention all his weapons are actually weaker than Doomslayer's bare hands; only his punches, or bladed weapons are that high into 8-A.

Wait, what about the speed difference?

Based from what I've read about their profiles, Doomslayer is only at least Supersonic in combat speed and reactions, while Mercer's is apparently Supersonic+ in all areas. While that might not be enough for Mercer to blitz Doomslayer, it's still enough for Mercer to close the distance with Doomslayer, react to and dodge any attacks Doomslayer sends at him, as well as absorb him once he makes physical contact (or even just send a tendril at him and then absorb him through that).

It doesn't help that Mercer's Regenerationn (biomass-fuelled or not) could allow him to shrug off any damages Doomslayer sends at him.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Not to mention all his weapons are actually weaker than Doomslayer's bare hands; only his punches, or bladed weapons are that high into 8-A.
Actually

This kinda makes no sense

If his bare hands are more powerful then his guns, why does he even bother picking up guns? I know not being able to just outright oneshot everything is game mechanics, but if lore wise he could do that, he would have just stuck to hand to hand from the start. Instead, he picked up all his gear to go out and fight stuff. And all that gear can deal good damage to the stuff the Doomslayer fights, so, I really don't get what this is on about. I mean, instead of ripping open the Spider Mastermind, he just opted to stuff a BFG down it's throat and blasted it.

In short, his guns, especially high end guns, should at least be comparable to his fists, otherwise he would never bother arming himself.

It's because Doomslayer prefers to be creative. For example, why does Shadow the Hedgehog use guns and motorcycles despite him being so much stronger than any weapon he picks up or faster than any vehicle he rides? Same with characters like Spawn. Doomslayer may be strong enough to oneshot every boss in canon, but no amount of physical strength increases a handgun to be higher than 9-C.

Also, Cyberdemons can tank multiple BFG rounds, despite Doomslayer also at the same time is canonically capable oneshotting them; so that's a pretty big gap actually. Melee weapons on the other hand are typically dependant on the wielder, so they scale to his striking strength as Doomslayer uses those for example.

We don't really scale weapons like that; it's best to scale Firearms to actual calcs rather than game mechanics or reverse power scaling. Bullets also have penetration that allows 9-B to 9-A characters to be injured by them, but characters higher than that being injured by handguns should just be treated as PIS.

If it's a special type of gun that's enhanced by magic or energy, they that also could apply. Super Shotgun has some like demonic energy enhancements iirc.

In that case, the 2016 version of the handgun is 9-B I guess. But still, only Doomslayer's physical strikes scale to The Titan.

That being said, I haven't voted, but looking at their profiles, it's going to be really difficult for that 8-B gun to vaporize Mercer given both his 8-A durability and his resistance to extreme heat. So I don't think Doomslayer can get passed his Low-High Regenerationn. There's also Biology and Matter manipulation which might screw the Doomslayer over big time.

So, I'm going to have to vote for Alex here.

I mean, if his guns can't do squat to Mercer I'm gonna have to say it's a stomp. He really can't do anything without just getting outright absorbed by Alex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back