• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Devil vs The Grim Reaper: The World's Greatest Boxing Match

fjjb1kk2a2d71.jpg

Joe Yabuki vs Yu

Conditions:
  • A boxing match, with 15 rounds and no 3 knockdown rule, victory can be archieved by knockout or by points.
  • The battle will be in the lightweight division.
  • This is "Debut" key Yu.
  • Joe is at his peak, without any punch drunk symptoms, and without having to do any kind of rigorous diet, since he's fighting in the lightweight division which is his natural weight.
  • Both are in character.
  • Speed is equalized.
The Devil: 6

The Grim Reaper: 2

Inconclusive: 1

Last edited:
So Yu is a monster who even before training in boxing at all was already able to anihilate geniuses who could outskill regioal champions. He is a monster through and through and outskilled and stomped a guy who pretty much reached peak boxing as he was able feel literally everything throughout his body and control it perfectly. Yu scales layers above analytical prediction and resists layers of it as well. His reactions speed is far faster than Joe and so he'd see his movements in slow mo.

Overall i'd say Joe's best thing is his instinctive reaction which Yu already dealt with when he fought and stomped the living hell out of Quasim Jahad who could stomp high level pro boxers solely on animal-like instincts.

To begin with, what is Joe's AP value?
He scales above a guy who can punch uh bulls? A domestic water buffalo can run at 48kmh and weighs 1300kg according to our wiki so plugging it in a KE calculator we get 115555.6 joules

Well very early in the series Joe could destroy sandbags with a punch which should be similar to these values, this calc also puts him at 2315636.73 J. Joe Yabuki also tanked José corkscrew punches. this punch could fracture the skull of fighters that were previously on Joe's level. Joe should be comparable to José.
where the heck did you get 2mil joules from?
it literally says 151489.0084 joules and Yu scales above the same feat but massively.
also this is a very sus sandbag ngl

Like deadass the calc page you linked doesn't even have the number you gave us, where the heck did it come from?

That's irrelevant as he wouldn't be able to damage Joe with the AP disadvantage. Joe has at least a 15x AP advantage with the numbers you've given.
So if instead of being a boxing match with limitess round, be a normal 15 rounds boxing match that could win by points?

By hitting more and not getting hit
If that's the case then Yu should probably win by a landslide-

Joe doesn't resist Yu's form of analytical prediction, which is through passively visualizing the opponent's minute muscle movements in order to predict their movements.

And to begin with, Yu's analytical prediction is already a lot better than Joe's resistance even without that. He's much better than Siha Lee, who already passively collects data on an opponent like a computer in order to effortlessly predict their movements, even if he was getting pummeled a moment later he can instantly turn it around by gathering the opponent's data.

This isn't to mention that Yu would be seeing all of Joe's movements in slow motion, giving him a much easier time reacting to and dodging his attacks.

Joe doesn't resist Yu's form of analytical prediction, which is through passively visualizing the opponent's minute muscle movements in order to predict their movements.
Joe can still use afterimages to get the jump on Yu tho
And to begin with, Yu's analytical prediction is already a lot better than Joe's resistance even without that. He's much better than Siha Lee, who already passively collects data on an opponent like a computer in order to effortlessly predict their movements, even if he was getting pummeled a moment later he can instantly turn it around by gathering the opponent's data.
Joe's instictive reactions could confuse Yu too, since he would be able to throw attacks automatically.
This isn't to mention that Yu would be seeing all of Joe's movements in slow motion, giving him a much easier time reacting to and dodging his attacks.
But let's not forget an important factor here, Joe could probably intimidate Yu. Yu was paralyzed in his fight against J, due to J's sheer willpower, and Joe does the same thing to his opponents.

slow mo deals with that
Joe's instictive reactions could confuse Yu too, since he would be able to throw attacks automatically.
he beat up Quasim Jahad who was stomping pro boxers on sheer instinct
But let's not forget an important factor here, Joe could probably intimidate Yu. Yu was paralyzed in his fight against J, due to J's sheer willpower, and Joe does the same thing to his opponents.
this isn't a question of willpower but moreso J himself and his methods. Yu has stomped Yuto Takeda who had amazing willpower to the point where it made him stronger than talented people and making him grow mid-match far beyond his original capabilities.

This goes along with my point of Yu's slow motion ability. He'd see Joe in slow motion and it'd make it easier to catch up with his afterimages, plus Yu may just adapt to the afterimages by getting faster.

Yu has fought and defeated people with pretty good instinctive reactions as well, such as Qasim and Yuto.
This was not a matter of willpower that intimidated Yu. Yuto had comparable levels of willpower to J, and yet he still couldn't make Yu budge emotionally for any more than a short moment.

J just has social Influencing, it's not willpower but an ability that influences others.

slow mo deals with that
While Yu is stated to perceive things in slow mo, doesn't mean that his opponents are in slow motion, remember Yu was cut multiple time in his fight against Aaron, Aaron would even land a punch in Yu's head but pulled his arm back at the last moment. Joe is the guy that was able to completely negate Jose's defense which everyone thought was perfect, even Joe himself, something that no fighter was able to do, and even Jose himself was unable to comprehend how Joe was getting past his defense

While Yu is stated to perceive things in slow mo, doesn't mean that his opponents are in slow motion, remember Yu was cut multiple time in his fight against Aaron, Aaron would even land a punch in Yu's head but pulled his arm back at the last moment.
Because Aaron was faster and much, much stronger than Yu once he started utilizing technique. Aaron isn't an anti-feat against Yu's ability.

Yu has fought and defeated people with pretty good instinctive reactions as well, such as Qasim and Yuto.
Not on Joe's level tho
J just has social Influencing
So does Joe
Because Aaron was faster and much, much stronger than Yu once he started utilizing technique. Aaron isn't an anti-feat against Yu's ability.
I don't think Aaron was faster even using his technique, i think they were comparable in speed

Last edited:
Yuto Takeda who had amazing willpower to the point where it made him stronger than talented people and making him grow mid-match far beyond his original capabilities.
Yeah Yuto really had a amazing willpower but nothing compared to Joe's if we go by feats.

Not on Joe's level tho
Based on the scans on the profile, they are more than just on Joe's level. People like Yuto can already fight while barely conscious/cognizant, and Qasim can also perform physically impossible moves based purely off of instinct.
So does Joe
It's much, much worse than J's.

J made Yu, somebody whose life had been a living hell of abuse from his childhood, where his emotions had been killed from isolation and constant physical debilitating, turn around completely just from a single fight, while giving everybody in the stadium watching the fight an entirely new outlook on life, as well as people who weren't even there physically watching the fight.

J's social Influencing is infinitely better.

I don't think Aaeon was faster even using his technique, i
They were only comparable after Yu adapted, beforehand Yu was getting blitzed.

Based on the scans on the profile, they are more than just on Joe's level. People like Yuto can already fight while barely conscious/cognizant, and Qasim can also perform physically impossible moves based purely off of instinct.
Joe can fight unconscious and barely alive. he was able to use José's advanced corkscrew punches by pure instict despite never using it before
It's much, much worse than J's.

J made Yu, somebody whose life had been a living hell of abuse from his childhood, where his emotions had been killed from isolation and constant physical debilitating, turn around completely just from a single fight, while giving everybody in the stadium watching the fight an entirely new outlook on life, as well as people who weren't even there physically watching the fight.

J's social Influencing is infinitely better.
True i think J's social influencing is better, but Joe's also no joke. Joe scared Yong-bi Kim so much that he was paralysed with fear, Kim even thought Joe was some kind of a monster, and the thing is that Kim was like a computer, cold and calculating with a machine like personality, he never showed a ounce of emotion during a fight. José Mendoza became so fearful of Joe during the fight that he went temporarily insane, screaming in complete terror and fighting like scared animal, José was convinced that he was fighting a ghost, the experiencie of fighting Joe was so abnormal that José got much older and and his hair got all white.
They were only comparable after Yu adapted, beforehand Yu was getting blitzed.
If Yu was truly getting blitzed he would have taken some punches.

Joe can fight unconscious and barely alive. he was able to use José's advanced corkscrew punches by pure instict despite never using it before
And Yuto can do pretty much the same thing? He can fight both while barely alive and can break his limits at the same time and achieve an entirely new level of strength.

True i think J's social influencing is better, but Joe's also no joke. Joe scared Yong-bi Kim so much that he was paralysed with fear, Kim even thought Joe was some kind of a monster, and the thing is that Kim was like a computer, cold and calculating with a machine like personality, he never showed a ounce of emotion during a fight. José Mendoza became so fearful of Joe during the fight that he went temporarily insane, screaming in complete terror and fighting like scared animal, José was convinced that he was fighting a ghost, the experiencie of fighting Joe was so abnormal that José got much older and and his hair got all white.
That's cool, and would be very useful against any other opponent, but as I've already illustrated Yu is very difficult to influence. Especially through fear, since he's not afraid of death, and in fact welcomes it.

If Yu was truly getting blitzed he would have taken some punches.
Not correct. He didn't take punches because he was more skilled than Aaron and was capable of using high precision movements, such as narrowly redirecting Aaron's fist, or luring Aaron to attack his wound to avoid a direct hit, to dodge.

And Yuto can do pretty much the same thing? He can fight both while barely alive and can break his limits at the same time and achieve an entirely new level of strength.
If we're talking about willpower, i have to disagree. Joe has better showings of willpower, Joe can fight unconscious, fight without having any stamina left in his body, and even overcome biological symptoms only via his willpower, Joe also gets better as the fight progresses and generally adapts and creates counters that are proven to be useful against all sorts of fighting styles.
Yu is very difficult to influence. Especially through fear, since he's not afraid of death, and in fact welcomes it.
That doesn't mean that Joe's social influence would not affect Yu, since as far as i know, the only time he fought an opponent with a good social influence (J) it worked against him.
Not correct. He didn't take punches because he was more skilled than Aaron and was capable of using high precision movements, such as narrowly redirecting Aaron's fist, or luring Aaron to attack his wound to avoid a direct hit, to dodge.
That's why i don't think Yu was getting blitzed, if he was getting blitzed, he would not even see Aaron's punches coming.

If we're talking about willpower, i have to disagree. Joe has better showings of willpower, Joe can fight unconscious, fight without having any stamina left in his body, and even overcome biological symptoms only via his willpower, Joe also gets better as the fight progresses and generally adapts and creates counters that are proven to be useful against all sorts of fighting styles.
I wasn't referring to willpower, I was referring to instinctive reactions, which is what we were talking about? I don't quite understand why you think I was referring to willpower.

That doesn't mean that Joe's social influence would not affect Yu
That's literally exactly what it means. I've already explained why Joe's influencing is worse than J's, and J's only effected Yu after a lengthy fight.

That's why i don't think Yu was getting blitzed, if he was getting blitzed, he would not even see Aaron's punches coming.
That's borderline what it was, though. Yu was unable to dodge the attacks even though he was cleanly dodging earlier, and he was BARELY redirecting Aaron's fist from directly hitting his skull. It's even stated that if Yu didn't redirect Aaron's fist his head would've gotten hit immediately after, meaning Aaron's attacks are to fast for Yu to traditionally dodge.

I wasn't referring to willpower, I was referring to instinctive reactions, which is what we were talking about? I don't quite understand why you think I was referring to willpower.
My mistake, sorry
That's literally exactly what it means. I've already explained why Joe's influencing is worse than J's, and J's only effected Yu after a lengthy fight.
I agree J's social influence is better but Joe's up there, and Yu never resisted (afaik) this kind social influence before, and this is definitely gonnna be a lengthy fight, since it's 15 rounds and Joe's not gonna fall down.
meaning Aaron's attacks are to fast for Yu to traditionally dodge
For sure.

Last edited:
Anyways, if this is a fight of who could get more points in a traditional boxing match, I'd still give it to Yu. Now that I know a lot more about Joe based on your explanations it's not as much of a landslide victory as I expected, but, if we're talking purely points then yeah Yu should win pretty much every time IMO.

Anyways, if this is a fight of who could get more points in a traditional boxing match, I'd still give it to Yu. Now that I know a lot more about Joe based on your explanations it's not as much of a landslide victory as I expected, but, if we're talking purely points then yeah Yu should win pretty much every time IMO.
Alright i will count you and the others who also vote for Yu, as for now i think i'm gonna go with Joe. Thanks for sharing your thoghts

Joe should take it by a landslide. First of all, Joe is really, really good at taking hits. His stamina is insane as he was wailed at by a stronger opponents in a weakened state for 15 rounds and kept on standing. He could also intimidate Yu which is what Joe commonly does to opponents even if they're doing better. This is also taking in account Joe's jnsabe adaptation as he can repeat moves after seeing them once and his xross counters, which are like a multiplier, as if you land one, it will be the added strength of two of your punches and two of your opponent's

Back