• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo

Are there concerns on how Bernadine fights because I must admit I made this profile a while ago I don't remember if it's any good at explaining things.

Are there concerns on how Bernadine fights because I must admit I made this profile a while ago I don't remember if it's any good at explaining things.
Eh, no profile does. Most of the time we just ask for knowledgeable members or quote previous ones

What does she start with and what are the notable attacks she has against this opponent? In any Lizardy match, you need to be able to either take out a large portion of her detached parts at once or restrain them

Her main thing is flying and being able to hit people below her. It's definitely the most annoying attack she has. Outside that she can shoot out two fireballs that go out in a spiral in front of her, can teleport and drop down for like a shock wave attack, and she can take her head off, grow a new one back, and the head she took off can then shoot fireballs at her opponent.

I was thinking that was part of the reason she may be able to handle the lizard. She has a lot of stamina and she can summon like two or three of those heads to shoot for her, so I think she can cover herself decently enough from the lizard's pieces, at least enough to get some good damage in.

Also her darkness manipulation could be used to turn the area around her completely dark if she wanted, which could help out more if it makes it hard for Setsuna to hit her target .

Voting Lizardy FRA for now, though since this thread barely got to a conclusion I'm sure this vote is invalid since it really has no good reason besides Jacky's statements.

I'll still follow this thread though.

The very thread you link has her lose to a person who can hit her from multiple angles (Echo Echo). Bernadine has something like that but she can also make it dark around them to make it harder to see where the attacks are coming from in the first place.
And does it obscure the area of effect? Because Lizardy's head and eyes will likely be away from the fight

Frankly I think Bernadine could likely wear her out in a battle of attrition anyways. Though, being a dullahan herself she could possibly pick up on the idea her head is somewhere else and to target that. If they start twenty meters away she can't exactly take her head too far away before the distance closes.

Frankly I think Bernadine could likely wear her out in a battle of attrition anyways. Though, being a dullahan herself she could possibly pick up on the idea her head is somewhere else and to target that. If they start twenty meters away she can't exactly take her head too far away before the distance closes.
Alright, I guess now I can count your votes. I kinda have nothing now

Idk if someone else wants to make arguments they can.

Bernadine could arguably beat her in a battle of stamina or at least get some good hits on her and injure her and obscure her vision by making it darker around them.

But Setsuna has some good ol' projectile spam and could possibly overwhelm Bernadine or keep her head hidden for long enough to take a W.

It's up to the rest of the voters to decide who they think is most likely to win.

Hmmm... If we judge by ability potency, I'll side with Bernadine. Compared to Lizardy, she can potentially cover Lizardy's small size during her body control sessions by range, actual flight, & teleportation.

Darkness Manipulation is a real killer if Lizardy can't see her opponent. Plus, "Abilities based on speed are assumed to be retained. Characters that can run over water via speed can, for example, still do so even if now technically too slow for that." so afterimage creation will still work against Lizardy.

And just to get this concluded

The Mayor FRA

And that's grace, thank you everyone

{Also in case you're wondering, this is allowed based on this thread}

there's not no selling but an advantage for her was that multiple heads shooting at Setsuna would be overwhelming but with that big dura advantage she could just take the attacks and keep advancing.

there's not no selling but an advantage for her was that multiple heads shooting at Setsuna would be overwhelming but with that big dura advantage she could just take the attacks and keep advancing.
What about the darkness issue? Wouldn't that also help in this?

No but my main thing is that like, eventually eyes will adjust to darkness lol.

But idk. Maybe it works. I could see an argument for it working but at the same time I think that the results would switch and then you'd have to get like seven people voting on this again lol.

But idk. Maybe it works. I could see an argument for it working but at the same time I think that the results would switch and then you'd have to get like seven people voting on this again lol.
As you've said, 8-B is a shit tier and I'd do anything to salvage my old matches

Also it'll be funny that in this run, Lizardy ends up winning a ton

As requested by Peppersalt43, I'll give conclusion here assuming a gun was pointed at my head.

This is going to be an incon of both spamming projectiles at each other while countering each other’s projectiles with their respective advantages until Setsuna's eyes can adjust to the darkness & get more tired.

At that point, Setsuna would have less energy & would be weaker than at the start. Bernandine still outlasts by stamina.

Mayor still wins if I'm forced to choose between the 2. Though incon is also a viable option since this fight is pretty close. Still,

Bernandine FRA.

Back