• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The demons within (Doomguy vs Isaac (The Binding of Isaac)) (6-5-0)

Doomguy still ripped through hordes of demons that wiped out platoons of soldiers (with the equipment to kill said demons with ease)

Due to the sheer number of demons he's fought at once, he's dodged 10 to 100's of projectiles all at the same time, including homing attacks

Doomguy has also dealt with far stronger opponents before, like the Icon of Sin (classic version)
I would say all of this applies minus the platoons stuff (and I wouldn't really say that means much in the grand scheme of things), and in fact I would doubt whether Doomguy actually has dealt with that many bullets, having played through all of classic Doom myself it doesn't really ever get to those levels. Meanwhile Isaac can dodge straight-up danmaku.

That + the fact that Isaac has multiple mobility items means he will get up close very rapidly, and at that point I think he holds the advantage via having an orbital that inflicts damage on contact, greatly superior LS and generally being such a small target makes melee very awkward for Doomguy.

Isaac also has a massive advantage in his type 2 immortality which is pretty difficult to get through, especially since Doomguy is still a human being with feelings and he will probably hesitate to inflict brutal harm on a 5 years old kid.

That said, you can't really give Isaac 3 actives, at best you can have him Void all of them.

Isaac also has a massive advantage in his type 2 immortality which is pretty difficult to get through, especially since Doomguy is still a human being with feelings and he will probably hesitate to inflict brutal harm on a 5 years old kid.
Hmm Isnt doomguy blinded with rage though? If he sees isaac as a demon he is not gonna show mercy, also look at your message wall I posted something

Hmm Isnt doomguy blinded with rage though? If he sees isaac as a demon he is not gonna show mercy, also look at your message wall I posted something
Why would he see him as a demon? We get some insight into his thoughts in things such as the end of chapter monologues and while he's shellshocked, he isn't that out of touch with reality. I might be misremembering but IIRC the setup to Plutonia and Doom 64 even has him reintegrating in human society for a bit before the events of those games happen.

Why would he see him as a demon? We get some insight into his thoughts in things such as the end of chapter monologues and while he's shellshocked, he isn't that out of touch with reality. I might be misremembering but IIRC the setup to Plutonia and Doom 64 even has him reintegrating in human society for a bit before the events of those games happen.
dont know doom enough so yeah we should wait for someone with knowledge. I still vote DG right now though

dont know doom enough so yeah we should wait for someone with knowledge. I still vote DG right now though
I would say I'm decently knowledgeable on pre-Eternal Doom. Not an expert but like, I've played them

Gonna be devil's advocate here and say that Issac can win

While Issac may not match up to Doomguy's marine experience and experience from the classic doom games, Issac's has a lot of experience when it comes to dodging large amounts of projectiles, so Issac COULD probably dodge some of the weapons Doomguy brings to the fight.

As for his arsenal, Issac brings a lot of stuff to the fight that give doomguy a run for his money. The Yum Heart allows for Issac to heal mid fight while the anarchist cook book allows for Issac to bring some spam of his own with a lot of explosives. Also Distant Admiration is there I guess (it mostly spins on its own so Idk how often it would even hit doomguy, though it is very strong given that it can shred through bosses with proper postitioning).

Doomguy gets up close with a shotgun? Issac uses Aires and runs into him. Issac also has Suplex here, which means that his LS is much greater that Doomguys, so Issac can just literally suplex him into the ground (or a bunch of buildings in Ohio XD).

It should also be mentioned that Issac technically has infinite ammo since his tears are infinite and his items are cooldown based. Doomguy has a lot of weapons, but even they can run out of ammo.

Also, while OP hasn't mentioned this or specified this, Issac technically has the D6 as a starting baseline equipment, so if that were included it could potentially allow for Issac to transmute Doomguy's weapons into harmless items (which may or may not work since the D6 doesn't technically work that way, but since thats mostly a game mechanic and we're already allowing Issac to have 2 active items as it is, what's one more?)

So yeah my votes for the crying man.

Last edited:
I'll wait for a response on the Doomguy side of things before voting

Back