• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Death Note Falls into your favorite Verse

The Death Note has landed some where in your favortie verse. Which character(s) would be the most likely to pick it up and use it and how succesful would they be?

Bonus: Ryuk shows up eventually and offers the deal for the Shinigami eyes. Do they take it? Note: The Shinigami eyes allow a person to see someone's name by just looking at their face, but in exchange, their total life span is halved.

Ryuk shows up and is like "Wow, you all are way more interesting then humans. I could learn to like it here. You got any apples?"

IIRC what was stated was that it did not work on Shinigami, but reguardless this is Fun and Games, don't let logic get in the way.

As for one of my favorite verses, you could probably have an entire book devoted to Dresden trying to track down whoever is killing people with this odd, never before encountered energy. The Denarians (fallen angels traped in coins) would probably et involved and in the end the book would either be returned to Ryuk, or dumped in a hole and covered in concrete.

The Legend of Zelda: Assuming a bad guy takes it, he probably uses it to kill whatever version of Link he's fighting against... but Link has resurrection and regen so he completely ignores it. Pretty much every villain has immortality type 1, so they could easily halve their lives without problems, but it's also useless because every Link is called Link.

Kirby (Universe): They don't have hands. The End.

Ace Attorney: Probably happens the same thing as on the original, but his true user may be found earlier thanks to spirit channeling someone who saw the new "Kira", like that interpol agent from the show.

Dark Souls: Resurrection and most of the verse being undead mean not much happens.

Magic: The Gathering: Just another artifact in a long list of death magic related items in this verse. Resistances, counterspells, resurrection, etc.

Bloodborne: Well to start the names of a bunch of things are incomprehensible and drive most insane with mere portions. Once again, resurrection.

Berserk (Verse): Not really sure, what with how Guts doesn't entirely like to abide by the predetermined causality of the universe as is, the same characteristic applies to Skull Knight. Of the actual God Hand, I don't think they're really classified as human.

Cthulhu Mythos: Well there are smaller scale stories in the mythos. Maybe this could be worked into one of those.

Darkest Dungeo: Not really like most people really get the chance to learn the names of others. I guess you don't have to deal with Vulf, but that's about it.

Destiny: Resistance, resurrection, immortality, low godly, power null, type 4 acausality, this isn't really going to affect any notable human that's still alive and not a vendor. Others obviously aren't human.

Warhammer 40,000: Some inquisitor uses it to kill some dudes, is branded a heretic and executed. Pretty standard fare with exotic artifacts like that. The assassinorum's fine without this thing as is. A Vindicare in the right place is honestly probably a better option, since you don't need to learn names or the exact facial recognition or anything like that. Non humans aren't human, there's resistance to this sort of thing, etc.

Salt and Sanctuary: Ressurection gg

Hotline Miami: Wearing masks actually is relevant here, as faces are hidden. 50 blessings may use this to cause even more turmoil, one of the PC's may make some use of it, who knows. They probably all still die in a nuclear war in the end no matter what anyone does.

Hollow Knight (Verse): There aren't any humans.

Super Smash Bros.: Do trophies count as human if their character otherwise is?

The Legend of Zelda: See above

DOOM: Nobody really know's Doomguy's name and Hayden's a robot. Demons are demons.

I have no idea what the Shinigami eyes are so I just didn't address that part at all.

Huh, this is back.

@Wokistan If it matters, for the cost of half your remaining life span the Eyes grant you the ability to precieve anyones name and remaining years just by looking at their face. I think masks will still block it though.

Dragon Ball: this thing is getting destroyed as soon as possible for two reasons: 1: The Main Protags want to have good fights and 2: This thing could easily get into the wrong hands.

Danny Phantom: Honestly won't see any use for it since all ghosts are already dead. The ghosts themselves likely won't use it on humans given they want to just scare or rule over them.

Camp Lakebottom: I can definitely see McGee finding the death note and Buttsquat stealing it. Then the whole episode is about McGee using his bs Supernatural Luck to survive until his friends get the death note back.

BattleTanx: Griffin Spade would definitely use the death note to take out all the other armies... Hell any group in this verse would use it.

Pokémo: At most, some prominent gym leaders/elite four get killed off by a villain. The player characters are probably all safe since even we don't know their full names. Don't think it works on species, so the Pokémon should be safe

What if the akatsuki from Naruto picks up the death note?

What if the Shinigami from Bleach picks up the death note? Aizen will be like time to troll the whole bleach verse and kill them all when they least expect it.

What if Godhand from Berserk picked the death note? Death and Casualities all day everyday at a all time high

The Legend of Zelda: See above

Black Clover: If Julius or any of the Magic Knights pick it up, Julius confiscates it and he will nerd over it until Marx will force him to destroy it because well Marx is Marx, I don't know what to tell you. If pre-elves invasion Patri picks it up, then it's uh... GG to the Clover Kingdom and possibly the Diamond Kingdom too.

Nanatsu no Taizai: The Sins are mostly not human, and half of them are immortal anyway. Liones and Camelot would probably ultimately get RIPd though.

Harry Potter: Welp, if a Death Eater picks it up, then Voldemort pretty much instawins the war. If a good guy picks it up, they might get scared and sell it, or if it's someone from Hogwarts, then they probably instawin the war.

Gunvolt: If a hero picked it up, they'd probably lock it up. If a villain got it, they'd abuse the f--k out of it and definitely go for the eyes. If Copen got it...he wouldn't take the deal, but you can bet he'd spam the hell out of it for Adept genocide.

If Femto from Berserk had the death note he will be like yes time to make everyday a Corpse party.

Overlord: Jircniv finds it and writes ainz name in it...Ainz being immune to death manip, 7b, having self resurrection and the fact ainz ooal gown not isn't his real name likely doesn't die, especially as the deathnote seems limited to humans.

From there ainz uses locate magic item, picks it up uses greater appraisal and chucks it in his inventory or nazericks treasury and promptly forgets about it until he needs someone dead. Then he'll still forget about it as he has a bunch of summons/servants who specialize in assassination.

As for the shingami eyes, theirs a good possiblity of jircniv taking it but even with that not sure if he can use it to kill ainz, even if he does ainz self ress ring and his servants using ressurection rituals will likely make it a bit of a moot point... further the eyes supposdly only work on humans.

Ainz would likely take them as well but...well...His lifespan is infinite...Not really much of a price in the grand scheme of things...Half of infinite is still infinite... and I doubt ryuk would offer anything to ainz as he isn't human...

The pen or the sword said:
Overlord: Jircniv finds it and writes ainz name in it...Ainz being immune to death manip, 7b, having self resurrection and the fact ainz ooal gown not isn't his real name likely doesn't die.
From there ainz uses locate magic item, picks it up uses greater appraisal and chucks it in his inventory or nazericks treasury and promptly forgets about it until he needs someone dead. Then he'll still forget about it as he has a bunch of summons/servants who specialize in assassination.

As for the shingami eyes, theirs a good possiblity of jircniv taking it but even with that not sure if he can use it to kill ainz, even if he does ainz self ress ring and his servants using ressurection rituals will likely make it a bit of a moot point...

Ainz would likely take them as well but...well...His lifespan is infinite...Not really much of a price in the grand scheme of things...Half of infinite is still infinite...
Jircniv wants to live i would assume to actually rule his empire, as well as making sure some kind of alliance happens, so i don't see him taking the deal

also he'd probably assume it was a plan by Ainz sending one of his demons or something to take his soul

Battle for Dream Island: No use on any attack, since most of the characters are objects, only thing I can see with it is Four or Two potentially using it if they need to get rid of David or Dora if they decide that just yeeting them with their stuff wouldn't do the job.

HOWEVER, it would likely turn into a challenge for contestants to find the death note hid by whoever is hosting the challenge at the time if Four/Announcer/Two find it 1st. Which is the most likely the fate of the death note in Battle for Dream Island.

Apeironaxim said:
Jircniv wants to live i would assume to actually rule his empire, as well as making sure some kind of alliance happens, so i don't see him taking the deal

also he'd probably assume it was a plan by Ainz or something to take his soul </div>
Eh jircniv was ready to risk his empire to start a grand resistance against ainz, if he thought the eyes would let him kill ainz I see him taking them. On the second point I actually agree, I don't see jircniv accepting at this point and time, his beleif everything dances within ainz hand has left him a bit to broken to think of it as legitmate.

here's the real question

as the body he is in is that of his avatar, Momonga, as well as his very soul being twisted by its undead nature, would his true name be recognized as Momonga, or Satoru Suzuki?

BlazBlue: I am sure Terumi would screw around with it, though Relius would use it as a science experiment and would try and capture Ryuk scaring the shit out of the Shinigami. Though using it on the characters...well...I am not sure since a few characters kinda negate these things with their hax and my feel that it would just be a science experiment for Relius and Kokonoe, but with the others its a distaster.

Guilty Gear: Same as BlazBlue, not really sure.

Shin Megami Tensei: Yeah...uh no I am pretty sure Ryuk would run shit scared.

Persona: Well...if it was Persona 4 then Adachi would have tons of fun bringing despair to the world, if Persona 3...then I am not really sure, since I feel like the SEES would destroy the Death Note and finally Persona 5? I have a feeling the Phantom Theives will have to be even more stealthy to live.

Devil May Cry: : I honestly don't think Vergil would stoop that low to use the Death Note and would throw it away or burn it, same with Mundus in DMC 1 since he would be cocky though...for DMC 2 and 4 I feel like the villains would enjoy using the notebook for their plans. They won't use it on Dante due to his Sparda bloodline though other people is fair game.

Legend of Zelda: Few people mentioned above.

Final Fantasy: Pretty sure many characters aren't really human or just not fully human in a sense or just plain ass weird at times.

Fire Emblem: Would be a nightmare to deal with since the villains would probably spam it, though they would use the Notebook to sacirifice the souls used to revive the main bad guy.

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice: Yikes add this shit to whats happening in the game? Pretty much a nightmare for poor Wolf (Or he is also called Sekiro).

Last edited:
Cthulhu Mythos: Randolph Carter wouldn't find much use for it except for maybe killing those slavers that captured him in the Dreamlands, the Necronomicon already has some fairly powerful spells and rituals (including potentially 1-A ones) so it wouldn't cause too much of a stir among cultists beyond making blood sacrifices easier. Nyarlathotep would probably duplicate it and spread it around for the lolz.

Warhammer 40,000: Standard Warp artefact but it would probably be a problem for whatever Imperial World it lands in.

Dragon Ball: A lot of people die if it lands in the wrong hands. Perhaps the Gods would try to use it to get rid of Zeno.

Mob Psycho 100: Ghosts don't give much of a damn and killing people via curses and the like is nothing new, though this would be a bit of a problem. Mob probably just gets rid of it or something.

One Punch Ma: There will inevitably be a monster that takes the offer from Ryuk so it's just a matter of time until the Hero Organiztion is cleared out. Yikes.

Medaka Box: Kumagawa Misogi will be like "There is a party in my pants and every one is coming" So much death happening which would make medaka's blood boil and she would even reform hin completely.

Attack on Titan: The Eldian King has ahold of the Death Note and is using it in conjunction with his royal privileges to stay in power. Everything goes his way until he passes it to his daughter, Historia. He explains that the book had been passed down from generation to generation, but no more detail is given. Realizing the true evil that her father is capable of, the first name she writes is Rod Reiss. The military decides to keep it locked away for good, so that nobody may use its power for evil again.

MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD FOR THE MANGA & SEASON 4.

Spoiler

Jump forward in time, after the invasion of Marley. Eren is imprisoned and begs Hange for answers, if there's any other way than the rumbling to save Eldia. He has a sudden epiphany, as he threatens her, no, promises her that he's gonna get out of here, and his plan will be realized with or without her help.
Days later, an explosion is heard in the commander in chief's office. The police rush in and find three dead, and all the cabinets ransacked, including the secret hatch in the ground. This is the absolute scenario: Eren Yeager is missing from his cell, and he had taken the Death Note with him.

A third of the military police have formed an alliance with Eren, calling themselves the Yeagerists, and had aided him with his escape and the seizing of the ultimate weapon. He is given a list of higher ups that will get in his way, along with previous rats to swiftly kill off. He scratches a few important names off the list before he begins writing such as Armin, Mikasa, Historia, and Levi, and gets to work. One by one, the predetermined leaders and crew dies.

Eren sees Ryuk for the first time, and isn't phased in the slightest: he's seen much uglier. He gets told the rules and restrictions of the Note, but Eren isn't concerned. He has a plan, but wants Ryuk to wait and see to find out how things go.

With a massive power vacuum, the military is left in shambles, and the only one left to make decisions is the shaken up Hange. They decide that they're going to stop Eren from meeting Zeke, no matter what the cost to prevent the rumbling.

Suddenly, Marley ambushes Eldia! They plan on taking back the Attack Titan once and for all. Battle ensues between the two militaries, and attacks are focused on Eren and Zeke, but they are in vain as they end up in contact with one another, and are transported to the Paths Realm.

We see Eren, Zeke, Ymir, and Ryuk in the paths realm. Zeke is chained up, and he isn't able to see Ryuk yet until Eren gets in contact with him to show him what he is seeing. Zeke is shown caught off guard, but quickly regains his confidence. Zeke plans on sterilizing all Eldians so that they no longer have children and die. Ryuk visibly disapproves of such a plan, simply because it's boring. Eren disagrees because it's just a bad plan in general, but Zeke reveals that he's been in control this whole time due to his royal blood, breaks his chains, and has Eren chained up faster than he can react.

Before Zeke does anything, he simply wants to get his younger brother's approval, he wants him on his side. So Zeke touches Eren, but this time goes back and looks at their past memories. Ryuk is also there to observe what's happening to get a recap of their lives. We see Grisha, their fathers, raising Eren without brainwashing him like he attempted with Zeke. Then, they jump to that fateful day when the wall broke, and see where Grisha was during that time. They watch as he goes to the royal family's temple and begs for them to save Eldia from the titans. They won't budge, and he decides he has to kill them all. But he loses his motivation to transform into a titan, and kneels to the ground, giving up. Zeke can't believe his eyes. Eren, infuriated, walks up to his father and talks to him, convincing him to complete his mission. This inspires Grisha to finally transform into his titan, eat the founding titan and kill off the rest of the royal family. Rod Reiss is the only survivor, and runs away with the Death Note.

We see Grisha running out onto the field outside the temple and stopping, crying out to Eren if this is what he wanted. He then notices an adult Zeke Yeager standing in front of him. He cries out for his long lost son, and runs over to hug him. To Zeke's surprise, he can feel his father's embrace, but he can't think straight. Grisha apologizes for how he treated his firstborn son, but tells him to stop Eren, before it's too late.

Cut back to the present in the Paths Realm. Zeke comes to his senses and realizes what just happened. Not only did Eren change the past, he was also able to have his father physically touch Zeke. He remembers that Eren's Attack Titan transcends time, and the implications for this interaction is huge. He could potentially change history by sending a single memory backward in time. He orders Ymir, still under royal influence, to sterilize all Eldians. She walks toward the coordinating paths, and Eren severs his fingers to break free of his chains, running after her to stop her.

This is when he sees Ymir's past.

Ymir was just an ordinary slave under the small Eldian empire. She was made the scapegoat of the release of hogs in the farm. She is hunted down by the soldiers and banished into the woods. Bloodied, blinded, and most importantly hungry, she searches for food and finds an apple. Next to the apple she hears a thud on the ground and reaches for it. It's a book. The moment she touches it, she feels the ominous presence of Ryuk behind her. "Hey kid," he says, "You have something that belongs to me." In a panic, she throws the apple in his direction and runs the opposite way, book in hand. Ryuk catches the apple and watches as she runs right into a pit in front of a tree. "Stupid kid," he thinks to himself, "Now I gotta go down there myself and retrieve my book."

Suddenly, a great giant monster emerges from the tree. Ymir has transformed into the first titan. She rampages in the forest for a while, but calms and reverts back to human size before the army arrives. They pull her out from the monster's nape, and notices the Death Note. Now, Eldia has the power of the titans and the ultimate weapon of death on their side. They quickly rule over their lands building cities, roads, and fortresses, sending spies to their enemies to gain intel and names. The Eldian king exploits Ymir's powers, and her fertility, to bear his children and pass down his power for generations and generations to come.

Eren has had enough. We cut back to the present and he declares he is wiping out humanity. He tells Ymir that she is not a god, a slave, nor a weapon, but a human being capable of making her own decisions. No longer is she under the rule of the royal Eldians, she is free to use her power however she wants. This speech is what convinces Ymir to turn to his side. First, all of the walls will crumble to reveal the colossal titans. They will be sent on their way to all other world countries. On their way there, Eren will recieve the Death Note in possession of the Yeagerists. This is possible because objects are able to be transported to the paths realm. Finally, with time not a factor in the paths, Eren will go through the memories of all subjects of Ymir in order to retrieve the names of all military & world leaders. He will swiftly slaughter all who pose a threat to the titans so that they may kill everybody except for Eldians. Only then will there be a new world without conflict.
Kakeguri: They cheat with odds manipulation by sacrificing the lives of their slaves to win gambling sessions.

HxH: Killua gets the death note, but gets rid of it early because he prefers killing the old fashion way.

Ben 10: Well honestly it would cause some serious issues on Earth but given the aliens that this series has I am probably sure the Death Note won't work at all in some cases so it would be pretty useless. Plus if Vilgax did use the notebook on Ben then Paradox would be like "No." and fix time and take the Notebook and throw it away somewhere but then my guess Eon would have fun taking the notebook and using it for his schemes. I can feel that Ryuk would have one utterly crazy time on Earth.

Generator Rex: Okay this will be a terrifying weapon if Van Kleiss decided to experiment on the note book although learning people's names and faces will cause some problems but for Van he would take his time and killing people off until he gets what he needs. I think Ryuk would be wary of Van Kleiss due to how cunning he is and that if lets say Shinigami gets infected with Nantites what happens then? But there is a low chance of that happening with Ryuk getting infected.

Code Geass: Lelouch would have another secret weapon other than his Geass and use to to kill people he can't seem to get in contact with if he can't use his Geass. Though if against his father Charles or V.V then things will be dicey but with the notebook Lelouch would kill Mao quickly before he could cause more issues and plus even if Lelouch written his name and Mao read his mind it would be too late. Though if anyone else gets the notebook...Lelouch better hid him and his sister Nunually quickly!

Last edited:
Street Fighter: Bison would have SO MUCH fun with this notebook as he would end up killing most of the hero cast (if he finds their last names) but given Akuma, Ryu and Gouken's weird feats they might resist it and deal with Bison themselves. Though if the heroes get it they would destroy it for being too dangerous. Akuma on the other hand would rip it apart since to him it would dishonour his fighting code calling the Death Note a cowards way of fighting.

Last edited:
Fire Emblem: Zephiel kills all his enemies then lets dragons take over the world.

Minecraft: Cool now I can do /kill but in survival mode.

Terraria: Kinda useless since almost no one notable except for the Terrarian and some NPC's are humans.

Super Smash Bros.: Pretty much the same as Terraria. The majority of the cast aren't even humans.

Team Fortress: Merasmus tries to kill Soldier but he keeps coming back every few minutes. He eventually gets bored and tosses out the note.

Henry Stickmin: (do stickmen count as human???) Henry starts using it to break into banks, but the CCC eventually confiscates it.

Akame ga Kill: Man Esdeath would create another series of genocide and killing with the use of the Notebook and in fact most of the Night Raid would get killed if Esdeath gets their names and she would try to capture Tatsumi and have her way with him. Though if Night Raid has the Death Note then The Empire is pretty much done and peace has been returned.

You're joking, right? Esdeath would destroy the Death Note the second she found out what it does. The Death Note is antithetical to her entire belief system. Everyone else in the Empire and Nightraid would love it, but not Esdeath.

Back