• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Dark Tower CRT: Crimson King Scaling and Randall Flagg Addition

Status
Not open for further replies.
that's pretty much 2-B

I am not certain, but I think that it can still be handled via countably infinite numbers, which is High 1-B.

@Mr. Bambu

There is an infinite chain of infinities within infinities, if I understood correctly.

Antvasima said:
I am not certain, but I think that it can still be handled via countably infinite numbers, which is High 1-B.
How do you count it though? If every universe contains an infinity of other universes and that only in one single world that is a part of another amount of endless worlds which are all contained in one layer, how is that countable?

Like if there were an infinite amount of layers, each containing infinite worlds and all that, yes, but for me that is low 1-A.

I mean High 1-B is this: You have infinite layers and despite never being able to count them all, you can always count them. Like you go endlessly up, you're always able to count them.

But when a single universe contains another infinite amount of universes, well how do you count all universes that are contained in just one single layer? If you just count all layers, then yes, it'll be only High 1-B but you can't count how many worlds there are, you'll never make it past one single universe.

So we downgrade Los to 'Unknown, Possibly High 1-B with preparation' and then maybe leave true form as just High 1-B for being an unknown degree stronger?

I mean this is the justification for Gans High 1-B. 'The multiverse which makes up the Dark Tower is comprised of infinite layers or "steps", each of which contains an infinite number of universes which are themselves infinitely larger than those found on the step below. It has been stated that an entire universe in one step can be contained within a single atom of a blade of grass in the step above, with this same step having an infinite multiverse which is itself contained within a grain of sand in the next step, and so on.'

The way it's described here actually does sound like Low 1-A

Blackcurrant91 said:
I mean this is the justification for Gans High 1-B. 'The multiverse which makes up the Dark Tower is comprised of infinite layers or "steps", each of which contains an infinite number of universes which are themselves infinitely larger than those found on the step below. It has been stated that an entire universe in one step can be contained within a single atom of a blade of grass in the step above, with this same step having an infinite multiverse which is itself contained within a grain of sand in the next step, and so on.'
The way it's described here actually does sound like Low 1-A
Agreed. What do others think of it?

I still think that an infinite hierarchy of higher infinities is usually counted as High 1-B without further specifications.

If there are an infinite amount of layers 'Steps' of the tower I think that would qualify for Low 1-A but I am not an expert on the new tiering system. Ant's/Bambu's opinion of it carry much more weight then mine.

Antvasima said:
I still think that an infinite hierarchy of higher infinities is usually counted as High 1-B without further specifications.
But it's not just that. It's also the fact that one universe contains an infinite amount of other universes, and one layer has an infinite amount of universes and put that together with there being endless layers, I think it's low 1-A.

Well, you can ask DontTalkDT and Ultima Reality to comment here about it if you wish.

I mean as the changes have seemingly already been made to his profile it's probably pointless to debate. We may have to start a new thread to get that passed as it would change Gan anyway.

I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to see if The Tower itself qualifies but for Low 1-A but im not sure enough about how the new tiering system works to say with 100% confidence that it is. I would be happy to participate in the thread though.

Oh, so true CK stays tied 1, good

BTW is this subjective reality

" If there are ten thousand medieval peasants who create vampires by believing them real, there may be one―probably a child―who will imagine the stake necessary to kill it. But a stake is only stupid wood; the mind is the mallet which drives it home."

The Crimson King is not Tier 1 in any way, shape, or form.

The thread has concluded on that point, it's starting to geting bothersome repeating the exact same argued points on the same debunked material.

As to the Tower's destruction: there is no proof, in any way, shape, or form, that the Tower collapsing somehow unleashes a Tier 1-B attack point blank upon all those around the Tower. What the story tells us, narratively, is that reality would simply cease to be, leaving behind the raw void/Prim that existed before this reality of ours, a raw void the Crimson King is actually from originally, so of course he will survive in it.

I've already told Ant I will begin working on a tiering thread for this series soon.

@Ant this thread can be closed I believe, nothing of import has been brought up that is useful to the verse since the changes have been made. Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back