• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Courier vs Alex Mercer

A very social guy Vs. Bioweapon
  • Speed is equalized
  • Distance of 20 meters
  • Mid Game is used and The Courier has all of his equipments
The Courier:

Alex Mercer:

Icon:

dcqs9i7-ff9f3961-23be-4a98-af68-1a4da7687439.jpg
57dd946e339a5b2289de75eacd545f3e.jpg

Last edited:
Don't new vegas energy weps ash people? I don't see it in his profile, but I'm fairly sure they do. And Cole has no listed heat resistance at all, stands literally still to use most of his stronger moves, and otherwise mostly fights in melee/extended if he can find nothing to throw so it should be fairly easy to tag him.
But on the other hand, courier has standard human weaknesses, so maybe he loses this.
Will wait for supporters.

The Courier Vaporizing Alex is basically his only one of two Wincons. His other being Social Influencing Alex and telling him to screw off.

The key used is 9-A, as mentioned in the thread

The Courier can turn Alex into nothing with his energy attacks or use his social influence while possessing supernatural luck

Is a fair battle, since speed is not equalized and Alex has a ton of massive bio Hax

I'm told P1 Alex leads with trying to absorb you, that said if Courier can get like a sentence off before Alex does that he can probably bullshit bluff his way out of it I guess

I'm told P1 Alex leads with trying to absorb you, t
Not really. 90% of prototype he's doing what the player makes him do, while in the story/cutscenes, he's usually absorbing people he needs info from and simply killing anyone else. He needs no info from courier. No reason to assume he's instantly going for absorb.
Also don't see him being talked down in any way when he's a mass of absorbed memories shaped around an actual sociopath.
Much less at a speed that would matter at all.
Courier tries to speak, courier gets hit with a blade larger than his own body. Smart move, courier. Alex isn't going to stand still and listen to him, and most likely isn't going to listen to him at all.

Not really. 90% of prototype he's doing what the player makes him do, while in the story/cutscenes, he's usually absorbing people he needs info from and simply killing anyone else. He needs no info from courier. No reason to assume he's instantly going for absorb.
Also don't see him being talked down in any way when he's a mass of absorbed memories shaped around an actual sociopath.
Much less at a speed that would matter at all.
Courier tries to speak, courier gets hit with a blade larger than his own body. Smart move, courier. Alex isn't going to stand still and listen to him, and most likely isn't going to listen to him at all.
It's not like he hasn't talked down other sociopaths before so I don't see what the point of that comment was.

Alex is not massively faster, especially at a distance of 20 meters

Aiming and shooting or talking is a simpler movement than running

Besides the fact that Courier has weapons that have the speed of light

But in any case I can equalize

No, isn't passive. No one around Alex dies or is drastically affected instantly
The passive disease thing refers to the fact that the Blacklight Virus automatically
infects targets without Alex needing to command it to do so, which can happen the moment a target gets even so much as even the slightest scratch from any of the Infected creatures. So technically speaking, it’s passive in that sense, just not in the sense that the opposition gets instantly affected like most passive hax abilities from characters in this site.

It's not like he hasn't talked down other sociopaths before so I don't see what the point of that comment was.
To say it won't work on Alex.
Yea lemme see Alex, a sociopath who doesn't care about 99% of people who exists, literally stand still and listen to a guy he's never met who is actively trying to kill him.
He won't.
He'll just kill him. Or try to. A lot of his attacks are so long-ranged and involve so much movement (with air brushing past his ears) he likely can't even hear the courier at all.

Alex is not massively faster, especially at a distance of 20 meters

Aiming and shooting or talking is a simpler movement than running or moving the arm

Say that to Courier’s Transonic combat speed at best against Mercer’s Supersonic+ combat speed. Movement speed is about how fast a character travels, but combat speed is all about how fast a character fights at… Mercer gets one of his ranged attacks off, and Courier is done for if speed isn’t equalised. At a distance as short as 20 meters, Mercer blitzes even harder.

Say that to Courier’s Transonic combat speed at best against Mercer’s Supersonic+ combat speed. Movement speed is about how fast a character travels, but combat speed is all about how fast a character fights at… Mercer gets one of his ranged attacks off, and Courier is done for if speed isn’t equalised. At a distance as short as 20 meters, Mercer blitzes even harder.
especially tendrils go brrrrrr

Courier 6 has talked down blood-thirsty sociopaths before.
He only needs moments of hesitation to get them hooked into listening, and then a few sentences from there for them to give up.
Don't new vegas energy weps ash people? I don't see it in his profile, but I'm fairly sure they do. And Cole has no listed heat resistance at all, stands literally still to use most of his stronger moves, and otherwise mostly fights in melee/extended if he can find nothing to throw so it should be fairly easy to tag him.
But on the other hand, courier has standard human weaknesses, so maybe he loses this.
Will wait for supporters.
But buying the argument that he resists the SI, because I don't know much about Cole to argue against it, this is still a major problem.
He can amp his perception (reaction speed and accuracy) with V.A.T.S (which is really good for getting the first blow in a speed equalized match) and matter manip with laser-based energy weapons.
Without resistance, this is pretty much a one-shot kill on a crit.

That said, this is mid-game, so he maxed stats, which reduces the chances of a critical hit.

Last edited:
Back