• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Burden of Legacies (Cloud Strife vs. Luigi)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starter_Pack

The Forgotten, Yet Destined
VS Battles
Administrator
So, trying to match Cloud with Mario was a bust, so let's see how this one works...

It is sometimes impossible to comprehend how stressful it is to carry on the torch of those you respect. When everyone around you compares your capabilities to that of someone else can cause some people to simply collapse due to the stress involved. Similarly, when said person passes on, it can cause the expectations that people see in you to affect you deeply, perhaps even throwing away your own needs so you may fulfill the destiny that has been left to you.Today, we have two combatants who share these types of burdens, one whose legacy is strapped to his back, while the other's stands next to him all the time often in the spotlight, and if not having to battle each other today, may have ended up seeing eye to eye on the overwhelming pressure of their own individual destinies. The former SOLDIER, or the hesitant ghost hunter, who will win? Today, we find out!

In the blue corner, we have Cloud Strife from Final Fantasy VII, and in the red corner, we have Luigi from the Mario Bros series.

Luigi_SSB4.png

Cloud-Alt1_SSBU.png

• This is a battle to the death or incapacitation. No holds barred.
  • Neither character are aware of each other beforehand, and there is no prep time.
  • Neither character is allowed any outside help.
  • This battle takes place in Cosmo Canyon, giving Cloud the home-field advantage.
  • Cloud is in his Final Battle form, and Luigi has the Power Star.
  • Speed is equalized.
With all this being said, let the debate begin!

• Buster Sword Weilder: 0
  • Poltergust-3000 Weilder: 0
  • Inconclusive: 0

Last edited:
Mario kinda already beat Sephiroth though, not sure what Cloud can do to mario here
I am aware of the Sephiroth situation. However, what Cloud lacks in strength he makes up for with his multiple "protagonist in an RPG" hax. I still think it's worth talking about.

I am aware of the Sephiroth situation. However, what Cloud lacks in strength he makes up for with his multiple "protagonist in an RPG" hax. I still think it's worth talking about.
.....Which Sephiroth has but better?

What kind of RPG protagonist hax are you talking about?

All of the different little abilities and resistances he gets from the various equipment in FFVII that can counter a lot of the hax Mario can shell out. It should be enough of a balance imo to allow Cloud to have at least a decently fair fight against Mario.

....Which he doesn’t have because it’s Advent Children cloud who has no materia.

Who also, has nothing Sephiroth doesn’t already have

All these abilities and resistances are things Sephiroth has himself by default since unlike Cloud he doesn’t need Materia to cast magic, so yeah, this thread is redundant

I mean, if you're gonna be like that, I can easily switch to his Final Battle key instead.

...Instead of sniping off with an attitude, why not give an actual reason instead of assuming we've all participated in the Sephiroth debate?

I don’t get how me stating the match is kinda redundant for legitimate reasons is me giving an attitude unless you’re referring to the ellipsis.

I changed the key because you said Cloud doesn't use Materia in his AC key, and because of that, now he's just "a weaker Sephiroth." I gave a legitimate reason as to why Cloud could be debated here, and you ignored me, consistently comparing Cloud to Sephiroth and saying Mario FRA for no other reason, simply because "it's been done already."

Mario fatehax go brrrr, and if cloud kills him mario will then get revived and use his potent hax such as ee and capture cards

You didn’t give a legitimate reason, I already pointed out that there is not a single thing Cloud (Especially this Cloud mind you) can do that Sephiroth can’t, Sephiroth has better use of magic for the reasons I gave before, really strong immortality and regen, and multiple others. I already pointed this out when I said in my first post “Which Sephiroth has but better”

I ignored nothing.

You know what?

Fine.

Screw it.

I give up.

Close the match then. I do not want to deal with this.

Okay, I can make the change.

Also, sorry for lashing out there. I simply got defensive because I had what I thought was a really good match, just to have someone come in and say it's immediately invalid. Really, I am very sorry.

Sorry for the lengthy wait. Had to think of a good replacement OP text. Let us continue the debate.

I would imagine that the first in-character move for both would be to go for a sword slash and a foot stomp, respectively.

He scales to Sephiroth, who is capable of destroying a pocket dimension full of stars, coming out to 1.688e63 joules of power, while said pocket dimension also potentially contains the Milky Way, garnering a baseline Galaxy level to boot.

Question to your question, does Guard Shell DX persist throughout the entire battle, or does it only cancel out his first three attacks period?

He scales to Sephiroth, who is capable of destroying a pocket dimension full of stars, coming out to 1.688e63 joules of power, while said pocket dimension also potentially contains the Milky Way, garnering a baseline Galaxy level to boot.

Question to your question, does Guard Shell DX persist throughout the entire battle, or does it only cancel out his first three attacks period?
first three attacks period

which end are we using, cause if we are using high ends luigi should have at the very least by the end of 64, 120/150 stars which each scales to galaxy level

not mentioning the other stars from other gams such as galaxy one and 2 cause then luigi could lift his eye brow and obliterate cloud

4-A, then, since they both should scale to about the same thing.

oooooh ****, i just remembered that luigi should have res here so if cloud kills him, he comes back takes the fight seriously and prolly pulls out the hax like ee, sealing and the like
81b.jpg

Given that Cloud can completely destroy Jenova Cells that can come back after being ressurected from a single cell I question how good resurrection will be

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back