• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
This calculation was accepted so I think we can also potentially get a speed upgrade for V boosted A-Train. As for his explicit speed shown during Season 1, an argument can be made that he could have achieved it if given more time to accelerate as the speed he and Shockwave reached during their race was in an extremely shorter distance.

This calculation was accepted so I think we can also potentially get a speed upgrade for V boosted A-Train. As for his explicit speed shown during Season 1, an argument can be made that he could have achieved it if given more time to accelerate as the speed he and Shockwave reached during their race was in an extremely shorter distance.
I don't think acceleration has nothing to do with this tbh. Maybe the writers believe that 339 / 371 m/s can be enough to cover Manhattan in thirty minutes lol

However, is important to know whether Butcher means boosted or base A-Train. When he makes the statement, I don't think A-Train here is high. Neither is he when he does find Kimiko (otherwise he would have knocked her out more easily with boosted strength). So there's an argument he meant base A-Train.
Afterall, prior to a few days if not less in universe, he didn't even knew about Compound V and may not be fully familiarized with it, so any of his estimations may very well based on what he knows about base A-Train (also I don't A-Train has been using V for long)

I don't think acceleration has nothing to do with this tbh. Maybe the writers believe that 339 / 371 m/s can be enough to cover Manhattan in thirty minutes lol

However, is important to know whether Butcher means boosted or base A-Train. When he makes the statement, I don't think A-Train here is high. Neither is he when he does find Kimiko (otherwise he would have knocked her out more easily with boosted strength). So there's an argument he meant base A-Train.
Afterall, prior to a few days if not less in universe, he didn't even knew about Compound V and may not be fully familiarized with it, so any of his estimations may very well based on what he knows about base A-Train (also I don't A-Train has been using V for long)
So if A-Train becomes Supersonic then V would just give him a "higher" rating and his base can be a "likely" or "possibly" rating?

Also, I think they kinda did take acceleration into account. Shockwave has a personal record of 350 m/s but he reached 342 m/s during the race, just a bit off his peak. At the same time, however, I tried to find out how much time it would actually take for A-Train to search all of Manhattan using the distance from the calculation and his highest shown speed and it comes out as 1997 seconds or roughly 33 minutes which is actually very close to Butcher's estimate so his current speed rating might be accurate enough.

Last edited:
Also, I think they kinda did take acceleration into account. Shockwave has a personal record of 350 m/s but he reached 342 m/s during the race, just a bit off his peak.
I mean, even a real life athlete could fail once in a while, and he barely failed. Heck, maybe he saw A-Train outrun him and decided to stop trying mid race lol, so I wouldn't look too hard into it.
So if A-Train becomes Supersonic then V would just give him a "higher" rating and his base can be a "likely" or "possibly" rating?
Personally, I'm more willing to say Supersonic for his base, higher with Compound V, but we need more discussion on that (but I want first to look into the upgrade for the humans, and let the a-train stuff be a different thread if you don't mind...)

Personally, I'm more willing to say Supersonic for his base, higher with Compound V, but we need more discussion on that (but I want first to look into the upgrade for the humans, and let the a-train stuff be a different thread if you don't mind...)
Sure. I edited my previous comment to point out something else by the way so you should read it.

I tried to find out how much time it would actually take for A-Train to search all of Manhattan using the distance from the calculation and his highest shown speed and it comes out as 1997 seconds or roughly 33 minutes which is actually very close to Butcher's estimate so his current speed rating might be accurate enough.
Lol That's actually really interesting (and even his 339 m/s record is 36.43 minutes. So all in all, A-Train speed is lore accurate (?)

The timeframe is (roughly) 0.33333333333 seconds (Frame: 1052 - 1062).
I don't understand how the site works, but personally I used "Watch Frame by Frame" and got 5 to 7 (again, hard go tell exactly when he started the stretching), and then decided to skip it and go with average human reaction (one, because it was close enough, but also, like, Hughie is an average human getting blitz, I don't think he would have sub-human reactions anyways, so frame counting here is a little irrelevant imo)
Also, why would Butcher scale to it? Ezekiel was clearly moving much slower in that scene.
As AThe1412 said, cinematic timing. He also quickly reached Frenchie just before, so unless Ezekiel got dumb for a sec, he was going the same speed as always.

Cinematic timing. Also, why would he move slower against someone who's trying to kill him?
Not necessarily, he was at the start of his movement, he clearly takes a bit of time accelerating (seen with Hughie). Unless you can calculate that he moved the same distance as he did with Hughie before hitting peak human speed.
I don't understand how the site works, but personally I used "Watch Frame by Frame" and got 5 to 7 (again, hard go tell exactly when he started the stretching), and then decided to skip it and go with average human reaction (one, because it was close enough, but also, like, Hughie is an average human getting blitz, I don't think he would have sub-human reactions anyways, so frame counting here is a little irrelevant imo)
He clearly reacted though, and just because you "think" doesn't mean it's true, the timeframe is longer then what you used in the calc.

Not necessarily, he was at the start of his movement, he clearly takes a bit of time accelerating (seen with Hughie). Unless you can calculate that he moved the same distance as he did with Hughie before hitting peak human speed.
He reached the likes of Hughie and Frenchie super fast, and if you look at it in the frame by frame, it doesn't really seem to be "accelerating", it just stretches.
He clearly reacted though, and just because you "think" doesn't mean it's true, the timeframe is longer then what you used in the calc.
Clearly reacted? So he saw a guy trying to choke him and let it happen? Not even attempting a defense?
The only reaction is the contact with his neck, and for the looks of it, is an involuntary reflex before he does process what happened.
And besides, while of course we use frame counting a lot in the wiki, we also use the timeframe of reactions into account, so a 0.2 secs end would still hold some weight (If we were to agree on adding a frame counting end)

Also, in 1056/1057 his arm doesn't even looked stretched out yet, just normally extended.

Clearly reacted? So he saw a guy trying to choke him and let it happen? Not even attempting a defense?
The only reaction is the contact with his neck, and for the looks of it, is an involuntary reflex before he does process what happened.
And besides, while of course we use frame counting a lot in the wiki, we also use the timeframe of reactions into account, so a 0.2 secs end would still hold some weight (If we were to agree on adding a frame counting end)

Also, in 1056/1057 his arm doesn't even looked stretched out yet, just normally extended.
He very clearly moved backwards in reaction, reacting isn't limited to defending yourself.

His arm is moving the distance you pixel scaled.

He very clearly moved backwards in reaction, reacting isn't limited to defending yourself.
He didn't even flinched until the hand touched his neck though, like, not even a blink anything.
His arm is moving the distance you pixel scaled.
Yes, but I found this BTS image, where (while not the same position) the length of his normal arm kinda matches the length he has at frame 1057 (at 30 fps), the he likely covered the remaining 2.08 meters in [1063-1057] 6 frames, or 0.2 seconds

He didn't even flinched until the hand touched his neck though, like, not even a blink anything.
He moved up/back. I thought it could be him breathing in but listening to the sound it was around the time he was breathing out.
Yes, but I found this BTS image, where (while not the same position) the length of his normal arm kinda matches the length he has at frame 1057 (at 30 fps), the he likely covered the remaining 2.08 meters in [1063-1057] 6 frames, or 0.2 seconds
Thing is, he already has his arm extended slightly in that frame, meaning your pixel scaling would be wrong.

He moved up/back. I thought it could be him breathing in but listening to the sound it was around the time he was breathing out.
To me is his body jolting in surprise to getting choked, but it's weird regardless.
Thing is, he already has his arm extended slightly in that frame, meaning your pixel scaling would be wrong.
I mean, by pixel scaling accounts for the difference between his normal arm and his stretched arm, so it wouldn't be off (or at least that far off).

Mayybe, I could add an end using the 1056 frame (it's kinda blurry, but unless perspective is really messed up, his arm is just normal length), which would downgrade the speed to 8.91 m/s, but it would be a less controversial low end (though personally I would say the 6 frames end could still work)

Back