• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Biggest Kahuna encounters a green insignificant fool

I'm not ready for an opening statement yet, but I think it should be noted that an Aura defense shaped like extended spikes around the Basic can prevent close range attacks (assuming DuraNegate is close range). They are also able to speed amp just like Kahuna can

Okay, so with the Wraith Enchantment, all of Kahuna's weapons can simply be thrown instead of used for melee besides Sludge and Slag, which are worn in a similar manner to gauntlets and have their own method of Dura Negate. Even if BK gets forced into close range, he'll be able to tank whatever damage comes his way due to the fact he's taken up such a role in SAO and is thusly used to taking extended punishment. Any damage he does take is cut down to more than half with his Tank Passive. He could also rip some trees out the ground to avoid the spikes created by the Basic by simply having superior melee range.

The Basic should be quite hard to catch with its various ways of evasion.

• Its Aura: Construct can help create things that allows it to swing out of the way of attacks or remove it out of way in some capacity
  • Speed Amp is obviously helpful
  • 6th Sense will help see all of these attacks coming from any angle
  • Momentum Shift can help dodge projectiles if it's already in mid-air
  • Afterimages may confuse to the point where attacks may miss
  • Even a Barrier Platform can be used to jump out of the way of attacks
A Basic can still sustain long range combat too, and its Stat Amp (for Attacking) and Charge can make things dangerous for BK

I'm also sure that the spikes can be extended to reach longer than a tree would

(I'm assuming that Speed is Equalized? Otherwise, Mach 1000+ blitzes the ever-loving crap out of Mach ~29)

Basic has the range and mobility advantages, Kahuna seems to have the power/toughness, combat skill, equipment (from having so many weapons/items), and general sustain advantages. So... it'll take probably a lot longer than fighting a basic mob should, but unless Kahuna is massively stupid (or he spams his own alcohol-based stat amps too much and gets drunk), he should win against a single Basic more times than not just by virtue of out-healing the damage it can land.

That's pretty true, I guess I'll make a vote against my own guy to speed things out to make a 3-1

Back