• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Ok this is the first match of the tourney.
Bracket:https://challonge.com/tournaments/bracket_generator?ref=DlU0eiDRVe
Main thread https://vsbattles.com/threads/first...owed-of-the-new-forum-celebration-2-3.107601/

I don’t know any of these characters so I really can’t write an accurate blurb but I can improvise, so screw it.

The grand tournament was just started, thousands of viewers, excited, anxious, proud, all gathered around the stadium as the first contestants entered the stadium. Smoke appears on both entrances as the king of the Dwarves, Sir Gazel, walked on to the field; getting much applause from his people. On the opposite side what appeared to be a floating child waltzed on to meet him. Most of the crowd appeared disappointed but Gazel could sense some of his power with his magical perception and knew that he was more then he seemed. He bowed to his opponent “Fae royalty, I am sorry for not recognizing it sooner.” The fairy scoffed a bit at that “Just make it a good fight. I have a lot to earn from this.”
“Sounds good; my people’s honor vs your’s let’s see what wins.” Gazel responded as both combatants got into a fighting stance.
Both combatants start 30 feet apart.
They win by incap or severe injury first or death if needed. If the person who suggested the character concedes, then they also lose.

Gazel will mainly be represented by God
And king will be by Dragoonseraph.

Looking at the profiles, I think that King might win this.
Both can read each others thoughts and sense their magic power, so they are even on that.
Regarding hax, King has a nice petrification and memory erasure (although he doesn't use those ability quite often, if I remember well the manga) and Disaster should work on Gazel, since manipulating wounds is not straight death manipulation.
On his side, Gazel has a good set of statuses, like sleep, confusion, illusion, paralysis and fear, but the profile doesn't explain how these works and what's their range, and I don't know Tensei Shitara.
The main point though, is direct combat. King has the advantage of flight and the ability to telekinetically control Chastiefol, shaping it in different ways and shoot energy attacks. It's also quite in character to do so, and Gazel doesn't have the range or the ability to reach him in the sky, therefore King can just levitate away and outrange him with the many forms of Chastiefol and energy attacks. According to what I see from the profiles (and what I remember of Nanatsu) King should also have the experience advantage, being much older than Gazel and used to combat.
Finally, I think that more times than not, King wins for the reasons above, but Gazel should have some chances with his many statuses, but unfortunately I don't really know how they work or how they are casted upon the enemy and from what distance.
I vote King

I know nothing about Gazel so I’ll just explain king a bit more. His flight and telekinesis make him a great fighter at range although he suffers a bit in close combat due to being weak physically. He has the 8 different forms of Chastifol as well as the stronger true forms and Disaster. Also I don’t see any calc for Gazel’s AP so what does he scale to?

Fear Manipulation, Confusion Inducement, and Sleep Manipulation (On a scale of 210 with Heroic Aura), Aura, Empathic Manipulation, and Paralysis Inducement (Through actively suppressing the enemy with Aura, ignoring Resistance to Paralysis Inducement)

If I'm not wrong, all of the above is from a Though-based Aura, a type of non-Passive Reiatsu Crush if that makes sense.

Don't ask me, ask God, but all Gazel has to do is exert his aura and these effects will affect everyone in his presence.

Ok then he might be eliminated. I should have known Slime is one of those dumb wank settings. I will pray to god for his opinion unless anyone knowledgeable from his verse wants to explain.

Though if you want to claim something like that a scan would be good.

What's the range of this aura and how strong the effects are? Are enough to reach King while it flies around and make it so that he falls down or things like that? Could King sense this aura with his magic sensing abilities?

Doesn't really have any range feats, the only time he used it the person affected was only a short distance from him.

The potency of the aura is mentioned in the P&A above, and sensing the aura is what causes the effects, magic sense won't help prevent that.

I mean, sensing that the aura exists and getting away before Gazel activates that, but if it's tought based then King can't escape in time. But they start at 30 feets, and King likely flies away and starts attacking with Chastiefol. Gazel must activate this aura immediately and 30 feets might be already out too much for his aura

If king can out range ,which he should be able to based on the description, than really all he needs to do is get one scratch on the guy for the most part.

I will bet my left nut Zhong takes this.Maybe my ashen one can take it but I can’t tell since everyone has a funny nickname and not their real name.

Last edited:
Chaos my friend, is what I thrive off of. The nicknames are merely part of it. Though you will know when it’s your turn.

Bump. I think Gilad and Dragoon are fine for match two, probably won’t bump that until arguments are done.

What is the range on it? Going off of the profile King starts out of range and is a flying zoner. (Gazel should technically be eliminated but this is actually fair from the look of things and I wanna see it play out.)

But what's the range of this hax? There is no mention of it in the profile and Everything said that the only time he displayed it was with a person very close to him. Is there a way to determine the range? Like, another character with the same power who's comparable to him? Because King usually flies around while attacking from distance with the spear and his energy attacks

So If the range of the aura is small enough king will likely just remain outside and attack from afar and if the aura has has a large range then I guess king can do much. Although if it does have that big of a range Gazel should have disqualified but whatever.

If the aura has a small or at least limited range, than King wins because he outranges Gazel.
They start at 30 feets and King usually flies in the air and attacks from afar with everything he has, while Gazel is forced to fight on the ground and can't reach him with anything.
We need an expert of Tensei Shintara.
I also have read in another thread that the aura is supposedly based on willpower, but I didn't understand well because the discussion was a mess.

I don’t know if any will come, I would not be surprised if they somehow blacklisted me after the last thread I participated in with slime.

Eh just wait for opinions, I may allow the passives anyway considering that I allowed Zhong Yue and I don’t want him to get a clean sweep.

The problem aren't the passive themselves, the problem is that we don't know the range of Gazel.
King outranges him and has many options to attack him, and those passives have to reach him in the sky and take him out, in order the make Gazel win

Well, I guess that King probably outranges, Gazel's Range is only extended melee.
King always fights from a very considerable distance of his opponents.

But, Gazel outstats King in physical strenght, if the speed of both were unequal, well yeah, Gazel punches King to death, but, with speed equalized, I could See King wining with memory manip, and petrification, but I don't recall him using this abilities on character anyway.
King has to be very near his opponent to petrify them, in that moment, King would be dead, Gazel's thought based Hax would screw him Up.
Also, Gazel is not dumb, he could trick King with Ilusions and make him ser Elaine or something like that, trick him to get near him, and them, kill King with his overwelming strenght or beat him with his thought based aura.

Both can win tbh.

Last edited:
Well, we still have to establish the range of Gazel's aura, because if it isn't wide enough then King just outranges him by standing in the air while attacking with Chastiefol from afar

Then he loses because he can't fly and doesn't have ranged options, while King in character stands in the air and telekinetically controls his spear.
On top of that, he can also shoot beams and other energy stuff, Gazel just can't touch him

Back