• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The big Tensei Shitara Ken Deshita revision to celebrate the start of the anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

DontTalkDT

A Fossil at This Point
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Bronze Supporter
The anime starts today and I have been working on a big revision since December last year. So which better time to get the profiles up to date than now?

I have made a blog listing all additions I want to do, but we are talking about 100+ things here and most are minor stuff like "demonstrated a new technique of his already listed Earth Manipulation, which creates a hole in the ground", "The 17th stat boosting technique" or "a character demonstrated a good strategy".
You can read through all of that if you want, but for the sake of making this easier to evaluate I will summarize just the changes to the P&A and Stats section here. I will mention the section names in the linked blog so that you can find the references.

Destiny Resistance​

This is something that concerns all characters in the verse. Rhyn, the great spirit of time, says that there is no such thing as a fixed destiny in the world. So since the characters have no destiny, I would guess they all qualify for Fate Manipulation resistance. Can't manipulate what they don't have and all that.

Meteor Speed technique​

As mentioned here the Wolf-style sword drawing technique has the speed of a meteor. A meteor is at least 11 km/s which is Mach 32. So I would suggest that they are Mach 32 with that particular technique.
One could debate about flowery language here, so let me give some support about that ranking making sense: This is performed by two Supersonic (soon Mach 3) characters combining their power for increased speed. Additionally, they have been supersonic for hundreds of chapter and have grown immensely since then. To that comes that they are using things like Awakening and Brilliant Lightning Rush (and probably other techniques) to massively boost their speed. Those are enough to blitz priorily equal characters. And Fran uses more acceleration techniques on top.
To that comes that Master, who is also supersonic to the same degree, comments that things are just a blur to him, despite using a thought acceleration skill that makes the world appear in slow motion usually.
That a distance of 1000m was traveled in an instant also supports the high speed.

So I think with the supporting evidence we can take this literally and give that one technique a High hypersonic rating.

Master's abilities​

• Sand Manip, Plant Manip, Metal Manip: See "Has all elements of magic now"
  • Soul Attacks: See "Acceleration techniques + dark attribute attacks spirit"
  • Gravity Manip: See "Gravity Magic"
  • Magnetism Manip: See "Railgun"
  • Purification: See "Purification Magic" for Type 2, also Master's profile already lists a kind of Purification Magic but I think the ability didn't exist when I added it... but due to what is on his profile he should have Type 1 and 3 as well.
  • NPI, Resistance Negation, Regeneration Slowing, limited Power Nullification and Holy Manipulation via Divine Element: See "Divine Element Kanna Kamui", "Transformation into the God of Swords & Divine Element", "Can produce divine attribute now"
  • Regeneration Negation: See "Heal disturb + Announcer knows at which level spells are learned + Stat boosting spells"
  • Corrosion Resistance: See "Corruption / Corrosion Resistance"
  • Unconventional Possession Resistance: See "Unconventional Posession Resistance"
  • Curse Resistance: See "Curse Resistance"
  • Non-passive Ki Resistance: See "Physical Nullification nullifies Ki"
  • Limited Absorption: See "Cannibalism" and "Poison Absorption"
  • Acrobatics: See "Acrobatics"
  • Crystal manipulation: See "Crystal Manipulation"
  • Multiple Selves: See "Multiple Selves + Souls"
  • Chaos Manipulation: See "Chaos Elemental Blade + Anti-Chaos Magic"

Fran's abilities​

• Fear Manip: See "Initimidation Skill (Fear Manip)"
  • NPI, Resistance Negation, Regeneration Slowing, limited Power Nullification and Holy Manipulation via Divine Element: See "Transformation into the God of Swords & Divine Element", "Can add some divine attribute to attacks"
  • ESP: See "Skill sensing", "Spirit Stuff", "Lightning/Electricity Sense"
  • Stealth Mastery: See "Hiding Presence (Fran, Urushi + Master)", "Unconcsiously reaching Sword God level of skill + hard to read + magic concealment"
and for post-timeskip Fran
  • Fire, Mind, Water, Earth, Air & Paralysis Resistance, Air Manip & Forcefields: See "Stat Sheet"
  • Spirit Magic (not sure what to list this as): See "Spirit Magic"
  • Lava as optional equip: See "More Fran being tricky + Lava as optional equip"

Urushi's abilities​

• Abnormal Condition + Lightning Resistance: See "Urushi Stat Sheet"
  • Regeneration Nullification, Absorption, Space Manip, Resistance to Sealing: See "Explanations for many new skills (regen "negation", dark magic absorption, regen, unsealable stuff, space manip)", "Dimensional Fang stuff", "Regeneration Inhibition"
  • Teleportation: See "Shadow Transfer teleport explanation"
  • BFR: See "Bottomless Shadow Magic"
  • Forcefields: See "Magic Barrier"
So.... I think that's all. What do you think, everyone?

...? Didn't you already comment on this thread like, yesterday, and a few hours ago too? They were the same exact comment, too.

Am I having a mind-**** or something?
Nah, it just looks that way 'cause I bumped the thread without commenting.

Took my time to read this (Holy ****), anyway, abilities proposal seems fine, idk anything about calcs but i think it makes sense. In the part of the resistance to Fate Manipulation, if the part of the destiny includes this.
「Through water, I can see the cause and effect of the past. And from the vision of the past, I can know the future」 「The future?」
That would imply that the characters are also not affected by the content in that quote, you could propose Acausality 4.

That would imply that the characters are also not affected by the content in that quote, you could propose Acausality 4.
Hmmm... idk. I think generally the characters still follow regular causality. It would be a little strange to say that the whole verse operates on altered causality.

Well. Then just Fate Manip Resistance is fine.

I also started watching the anime, kinda funny and amusing introduction they made

Yap, seems everything is cool, is there any discussion thread for this verse?

I also started watching the anime, kinda funny and amusing introduction they made
They handled it pretty well. The novel has a bunch of chapters of Master doing solo exploration at the start. I think it's a good decision that they cut that short to keep the prologue all in the first episode.

Yap, seems everything is cool, is there any discussion thread for this verse?
Not yet. Until now I was just about the only person on this page that cared about it, so there was no point to make one.
If some people watch the anime then maybe it makes sense to make one. 🤔

They handled it pretty well. The novel has a bunch of chapters of Master doing solo exploration at the start. I think it's a good decision that they cut that short to keep the prologue all in the first episode.

Not yet. Until now I was just about the only person on this page that cared about it, so there was no point to make one.
If some people watch the anime then maybe it makes sense to make one. 🤔
Sure, create one or I will create it. I am interested, the anime is funny as hell XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back