• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Battle of the Two MHA Protagonists: Deku vs The Crawler

I think the Crawler would win this one. Firstly, he has greater AP than Deku, which would make it harder for Deku to actually damage him while also making it easier for damage Deku with his 8-B durability.

Deku's got some solid advantages. He has Blackwhip, which allows him to move around the city and also restrain Crawler since his LS is unknown. His Float coupled with Air Force also gives him the ability to fly through the air and see his opponents from a higher vantage point. He could use Smokescreen to blur Koichi's line of sight and make it more difficult to track him and attack. Air Force would allow him to play the long-ranged game and fire several shots of pressurized air, though I'm actually not sure if he can even use Air Force in his base state, since he's never been shown using Air Force at all ever since the Paranormal Liberation War. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong there. He could use Fa Jin to boost the strength of his attacks, and Danger Sense would allow him to more accurately predict and evade Koichi's movements.

However, in spite of all his Quirks and all the advantages it gives him, I still believe that the Crawler's advantages are better. Honestly, by the end of the series Koichi really became an overpowered beast with only a single Quirk. He gained the ability to subconsciously evade any attacks, and I believe that this subconscious ability of his is more potent than Deku's Danger Sense because he doesn't even have to think to use it. His body automatically reacts to attacks and creates a forcefield to protect himself from any attacks, which would let him withstand Deku's blows with little to no damage. Deku's Smokescreen wouldn't be too useful here either, since Koichi would still be able to subconsciously react to any of Deku's attacks even if he can't see him.

He's learned how to channel his propulsion energy into energy blasts which he can fire either small bullets or large blasts which cause devastating damage, allowing him to play the long-range game just as Deku usually does with Air Force. He eventually gained the ability to fire those energy beams from anywhere on his body, and he can use his propelling force to grant himself true flight, which would allow him to reach Deku should he choose to fly into the air. Koichi can increase the power of his propulsion blasts as well and make them lethal.

I think Koichi's biggest problem would be Blackwhip, as Deku could use it to easily restrain him and have him crash into buildings. However, I think Koichi would be able to dodge Blackwhip relatively easily for two reasons: his subconscious reactions and the homefield advantage. Koichi's been patrolling Naruhata for years: he knows every corner, every back alley, all the best places to hide or maneuver. So even if Deku fires Blackwhip at him, he could just use his Quirk to slide away into a nearby alleyway. Koichi could also just lure Deku into a trap, move him into a closed space where he could fire multiple energy blasts which Deku would be unable to avoid even with Danger Sense.

Finally, Koichi's shown the ability to rapidly evolve his Quirk in-battle against a tough opponent, which is what allowed him to survive his fight with Number 6 despite his numerous Quirks and many different tactics he developed during the fight. So against an opponent as strong as Deku, I think he'd be able to increase the potency of his Quirk to overpower Deku given enough time.

Overall, Koichi should win this one handily.

Not making a vote yet.

But Base Izuku cannot use Air Force, he needs at least 15% of OFA (In his fingers) to use Air Force.

Not making a vote yet.

But Base Izuku cannot use Air Force, he needs at least 15% of OFA (In his fingers) to use Air Force.
As I thought, which only gives Koichi a greater advantage since he can play the long-range game while Deku can't.

What's stopping from Koichi breaking his hands and stuff against the 7-A mid gauntlets and iron soles since they both start off with H2H iirc? It probably won't matter much since Koichi can just Fly + Forcefield + Range Spam after that, but I feel like it'll still count to something considering his endurance/pain tolerance is nowhere near as good as Deku's.

What's stopping from Koichi breaking his hands and stuff against the 7-A mid gauntlets and iron soles since they both start off with H2H iirc? It probably won't matter much since Koichi can just Fly + Forcefield + Range Spam after that, but I feel like it'll still count to something considering his endurance/pain tolerance is nowhere near as good as Deku's.
Those're valid points, and something that I sometimes forget about, but from what I can see, the mid-gauntlets just wrap around his forearms and not around his actual fists, so Koichi would have to directly hit his forearms, which seems very unlikely. Same goes for the iron soles. Besides, even though Deku's stamina and endurance has proven to be much higher than Koichi's, I still think Koichi's stamina isn't something to be laughed at, as he took an extended beating from Number 6 and withstood some of his strongest attacks while still being able to fight for quite a while.

The two have no reason to fight? Even in character both of their solutions is to de-escalate the situation.
But wouldn't standard battle assumptions apply? If they don't, I can just make both of them bloodlusted, which really wouldn't change much.

But wouldn't standard battle assumptions apply? If they don't, I can just make both of them bloodlusted, which really wouldn't change much.
SBA is in character but willing to kill.
Bloodlusted Koichi hasn’t been seen, and bloodlusted Deku has only been sustained against an opponent who actively killed thousands of people, the best assumption is neither stay bloodlusted for long. And if they can’t drop it then Deku spams hundreds of blackwhip tendrils

he cant use it in 10%?
From what All Might said, he was only going to teach him how to attack with Air Pressure until he reached 15%. But Izuku went beyond his expectations and was able to brute force his way with 20% and he wasn't breaking any bones. So he decided it was worth to teach him then.

SBA: So yes they will fight.

Koichi has superior mobility in the air, has higher AP, better reflexes via instinctive reactions, superior ranged attacks, along with the battlefield advantage. Izuku has 8-B durability, can boost his speed/power with Fa Jin/Blackwhip, can detect danger, can block off sight with smokescreen, and can restrain with Blackwhip via higher lifting strength.

Izuku restraining Koichi with Blackwhip would be a quick victory. Since he has no way of breaking out of it, as his LS is Unknown while Izuku's is Class 10. However Koichi is a master at dodging and avoiding attacks, so while the idea would be quick, actually restraining him would be difficult.

When it comes to a fight at ranged. I'd honestly say they're inconclusive, since both have advantages in order to avoid each others attacks. Koichi's reactions and Izuku's Danger Sense. While Koichi has a homefield advantage, sneak attacks won't really do much thanks to Danger Sense. And Izuku can also make a quick retreat with Smokescreen and Fa Jin if he needs to take a breather for whatever reason.

Smokescreen completely stops Koichi's attacks, and it covers a lot of distance. At any point Izuku can stop his attacks and catch his breath if he needs to.

Koichi ranged attacks are even less threatening than Nine's, who's attacks were just as numerous and could home in on him. He's used to dealing with people who spam ranged attacks, and now he has more abilities. Also Koichi will hold back, while SBA makes it so he won't give up it doesn't change that he won't go full power.

He still won't see Izuku worse than Number 6, which means he won't throw any lethal attacks. Meaning his attacks won't be as fast and strong as they could be. Since even with Number 6 the only reason he did use his full power was because destroying his plasma body wasn't actually damaging to him.

Blackwhip + Fa Jin will be difficult. Since Izuku's combination of those moves can increase his power and speed drastically. With a slingshot he can blitz people on par with himself, though Koichi's reactions may help. I don't believe they'd be enough for the first attack. Though once he understands the attack, they'll be able to help him avoid it in advance as long as he can see him before he launches. And Koichi's ranged attacks are superior, as he can actually attack with energy blasts, while Izuku's only ranged option is trying to grab him with Blackwhip.

I don't believe Koichi tiring out Izuku is more likely than him tiring out himself. Assuming Koichi can avoid Blackwhip, I don't think he can take out Izuku in any quick fashion. And I believe Izuku's stamina and higher pain tolerance will give him the win in the end.

Koichi has no reason to get close and isn't a close up fighter to begin with. While Izuku is better up close, Koichi's ranged attacks aren't anything special that he can't deal with. Both of them can avoid attacks from other, though Izuku has a good chance of landing a nasty blow with Fa Jin + Blackwhip. As long as he plays his cards right and notice how good Koichi is at avoiding. Using a combination of smokescreen and blocking line of sight will help him land a big blow.

I can see Izuku wearing Koichi out with his Fa Jin + Blackwhip attacks, since we have no reason to believe Koichi can react to attacks he doesn't see coming. And Izuku will likely only attack from blind spots, making sure Koichi can't seem him when he is about to launch. However it'll be hard, since Koichi knows the area better than he does. That is why I believe the fight will come down to stamina. And I give my vote to Izuku via better endurance over a long period of time.

However I think this is very close, and admit that maybe I'm missing something.

Alright, the details of the match have been changed so that both characters are bloodlusted, meaning neither will hold anything back, which is basically the sort of match that I'd been hoping to create in the first place. I'd kind of forgotten that Koichi had purposefully held back against any human opponents. Making kind-hearted characters bloodlusted is allowed, right?

Overall, if both are going at full strength, I think that Koichi would win. Many of the points made in Rusty's analysis were valid. Deku does have the stamina advantage, and the Fa Jin + Blackwhip speed advantage is rather troublesome. However, I don't think the boost in speed is comparable to the speed increase of Overclock, which increases the user's speed dozens of times over. Despite the attacks being faster than him, Koichi's body eventually became capable of subconsciously reacting to even these faster attacks, so I don't think that Deku's combo move would be too difficult to evade, especially if the movements needed to gain that speed increase become too predictable.

I mentioned before that Koichi had the homefield advantage and could steer Deku towards a spot where he could fight most effectively, a closed area that would allow Koichi to fire several powerful explosive attacks, like his Knuckle Style, which are viewed as large explosive attacks. Even if Deku's Danger Sense can predict the attack, there isn't really much use if you can't properly dodge it in an enclosed space. So if Koichi fought with his full power fighting style like he did against Number 6, then I believe he'd eventually overpower Deku. Besides, Deku is only baseline 8-B, only nominally higher than High 8-C+, so the higher durability is mostly irrelevant here.

I don't know. I'm assuming he upscales from Bakugo's 8.12 feat from the Joint Training arc, but I'm probably just bullshitting you there.
From what I’m seeing he just goes to that from upscaling from the 5.13 feat.

So if he’s only baseline high 8-C+ (5.5 tons), then he’s still 2x weaker than Deku’s durability.

I’m still going for incon tbh. I think both sides have high merit and that Koichi’s instinctive movements have enough of an edge to react to almost anything Deku can do barring Fa Jin + Blackwhip, and even then he doesn’t have Full Cowl to make it Faux 100% tier. Conversely nothing Koichi has is getting past Danger Sense or Analytical Prediction. Deku would pick Koichi’s quirk apart and only really be stumped by he reactions, but otherwise would be fully fine avoiding a lot of his stuff.

So it basically comes down to who you think can get past the others ridiculous defense. Only overt advantage I see at all is that Deku has a ridiculous stamina gap over Koichi so he outlasts him heavily.

So if he’s only baseline high 8-C+ (5.5 tons), then he’s still 2x weaker than Deku’s durability.
High 8-C+ is 6.5 Tons. The plus isn't the half way point or something. The + symbol is used when the Attack Potency has been calculated to be greater than the average (arithmetic mean) of the high end energy level and low end energy level of a particular tier.

Example: Average of Large Building level is: [2 Tons (low end) + 11 tons (high end)]/2 = 6.5 Tons (the arithmetic mean).

But yeah, both of them have answers for the other's attacks. That is why I believe this'll become a battle of attrition, which is a win for Izuku to me. Since I don't see any true way for either to land a decisive blow that could heavily change the outcome of the fight early on.

Ok, with Deku's new durability upgrade, I'll have to change the keys since Koichi won't be able to hurt him now. Now it's 8% Joint Training arc Deku.

Well Deku loses most of his quirks now, with only a Blackwhip that has no finesse. But if this is the JT Deku who fought Nine, then his skill should be able to make up for losing Danger Sense for the reasons above. Also the Deku link still links to Dark Deku.

i see, guys you heard him, what do you think things will go now?

High 8-C+ is 6.5 Tons. The plus isn't the half way point or something. The + symbol is used when the Attack Potency has been calculated to be greater than the average (arithmetic mean) of the high end energy level and low end energy level of a particular tier.

Example: Average of Large Building level is: [2 Tons (low end) + 11 tons (high end)]/2 = 6.5 Tons (the arithmetic mean).

But yeah, both of them have answers for the other's attacks. That is why I believe this'll become a battle of attrition, which is a win for Izuku to me. Since I don't see any true way for either to land a decisive blow that could heavily change the outcome of the fight early on.

I’m still going for incon tbh. I think both sides have high merit and that Koichi’s instinctive movements have enough of an edge to react to almost anything Deku can do barring Fa Jin + Blackwhip, and even then he doesn’t have Full Cowl to make it Faux 100% tier. Conversely nothing Koichi has is getting past Danger Sense or Analytical Prediction. Deku would pick Koichi’s quirk apart and only really be stumped by he reactions, but otherwise would be fully fine avoiding a lot of his stuff.

So it basically comes down to who you think can get past the others ridiculous defense. Only overt advantage I see at all is that Deku has a ridiculous stamina gap over Koichi so he outlasts him heavily.

How high into high 8-C+ is Koichi

guys new changes have been made what do you think now?

Personally, I think The Crawler should take this handily. He still retains all of his advantages, while Deku loses several of his Quirks which let him predict attacks and increase his AP. While Deku can use Air Force now, Koichi has his Blammy Style energy blasts which he can use for long-range attacks. Deku has a slight AP advantage here, but it's not gonna help him against an opponent with subconscious reactions and homefield advantage. I could change it to his Post-Timeskip key, but even then I think that against such a strong opponent, he could evolve his Quirk and awaken his subconscious skills during the battle like he did when fighting Number 6.

Back