• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The battle of the iconic Nintendo villains : Bowser vs. Ganon (8-1-1)

This is a really tough one.

I took a quick look through both profiles and they're both insanely powerful both in hax and phisically. But Bowser is the more durable (has more resistances and durability increases with his shell) out of these two, and he has a wider array of abilities that Ganondorf can't resist.

So I vote Bowser, but since I can't make a deeper analysis at the moment it might change to Incon given the right arguments.

They both have wish granting items. If Bowser turns invincible before Ganon uses the triforce, he wins. If not, Ganon does. I'm going with Inconclusive.

ShrekAnakin said:
I still agree with Shadow vs Mewtwo, don't @ me.
@ you because you are objectively wrong or have shit oppinions ovo

Death Battle is wrong for the tenth time FRA

Uhhhh.

Ganon just BFR's Bowser to the dark world because iirc Ganon's mindhax>>>>>>>>>Mario mindhax, low godly deals with almost everything Bowser can do and resists the rest

Foxthefox1000 said:
Ganon has passive EE? How does it work? Another hilariously out of context feat? Probably.
It comes from the Triforce, although it isn't instantly passive, it means that a long scale DB would result in Bowser getting EE'd

The battle doesnt have to be long. And yeah, I thought Bowser had resistance to being erased. That resistance should enable him to withstand that. Plus, the mind hax worked on fodder soldiers while Bowser somewhat resisted mind manip from a person who could effect people like Mario, Luigi, Wario, and Waluigi. And the Dark Realm isn't a guaranteed hax either, nevermind Bowser can just warp through time and space/teleport or time travel to just get out of it. Plus, if we want to use "chances" of hax working as am argument, Bowser can also potentially resist all of Paper Mario's hax attacks in TTYD and 64 and the Safety Ring of course makes it so the death hax DB used wouldn't work.

Meanwhile, Bowser does have sealing as an option. Ganondorf's resistance is notably stated to be limited, as he can only break free after a century or so has passed, which is definitely enough to fit under a wincon by this site's standards.

Foxthefox1000 said:
The battle doesnt have to be long. And yeah, I thought Bowser had resistance to being erased. That resistance should enable him to withstand that. Plus, the mind hax worked on fodder soldiers while Bowser somewhat resisted mind manip from a person who could effect people like Mario, Luigi, Wario, and Waluigi. And the Dark Realm isn't a guaranteed hax either, nevermind Bowser can just warp through time and space/teleport, time travel to just get out of it. Plus, if we want to use "chances" of hax working as am argument, Bowser can also potentially resist all of Paper Mario's hax attacks in TTYD and 64 and the Safety Ring of course makes it so the death hax DB used wouldn't work.
Meanwhile, Bowser does have sealing as an option. Ganondorf's resistance is notably stated to be limited, as he can only break free after a century or so has passed, which is definitely enough to fit under a wincon by this site's standards.
And Mario's mindhax resistance isn't that good, it depends on the potency of how many you affect. The Dark World is passive, anyone who enter's it gets mind and madness haxed, so he can't even time travel or do anything

IIRC the Dark World makes some people go insane. Not all. Even says so on the profile. Plus, I'm pretty sure they only go insane because of "the darkness and horrors" after long exposure since there are several character who seem fine and the few who have their conciousness erased and go mad were fine at first. So no, I don't but that it's passive. The madness manip in general is based on ome statement that's super vague as well. But Bowser is experienced with that kinda crap so I don't think he'd be susceptible given it took a long time for the one's conciousness to be erased and the fact that the people who entered the realm were greedy and selfisb already and turned into momstrous versions of themselves to reflect that. However, making Bowser go mad amd turn into a momstrous version of himself is basically asking for Giga Bowser to come out. So I don't think Madness Manip is his winning strategy here.

I guess I'll concede that his mind hax is definitely the way to go, but, again, Bowser also has a wincon and we don't have a reference for how fast Ganon's mind hax works, not to mention that even if we tried sticking to their characters, Ganon using mind hax is way more out of character (literally done in different body to some fodder soldiers with vavue context behind it as to how he did it and never seen again and then the other cases have all been just some passive effect of his evil that work over a period of time rather than instantly; his posession was also only ever used on passed out characters too). Meanwhile, sealing things away or BFR'ing them (like the Triforce for instance) is in character for Bowser as seen in 64 where he sealed the Power Stars away, Galaxy 1 and 2 where he scattered the Power and Grand Stars throughout the cosmos to depower Rosalina and stall Mario, and also has been seen with Peach in Galaxy and 64.

So needless to say, sealing is more in character for Bowser and making Bowser go insane, even if it worked instantly and was that potent (mind hax doesn't though as it took a good amount of time to work on literally a single proven character), would only make Bowser that much more willing to use it given he wouldn't have any inhibitions at all.

As for sealing, you got something wrong, Ganon needed 100 years to break out of Zelda's seal since he was weakened, the point of link weakening Ganon in Botw was for Zelda to finish him off and sealing him, seal GG at the bat wouldn't work since to do so, he needs to weaken Ganon before he can do that. And of course, Ganondorf can teleport from BFR

Ganon can teleport, but Bowser can BFR the Triforce, a strategy that's in character. And once Bowser touches it, he can also use it's powers as usurping cosmic artifacts and absorbing their powers and using them masterfully comes natural to him. Doesn't help that the Triforce can't be stored in some pocket space unlike the Power Stars or absorbes into him, so Ganon couldn't even depower Bowser the same way if he wanted to. Bowser isn't as dumb as people make him seem.

I should also point out these quotes imply Bowser has the same ability as Ganon to make people go mad and turn them into his own monsters he can command.

"To help him accomplish this, he plans to convert the residents of the painting world into monsters as well. If nothing is done, all those monsters will soon begin to overflow from inside the painting." - Super Mario 64 Manual.

"Being imprisoned in these walls can drive a fungus crazy. When I really start to freak out, I think to myself, "Well, I'm going to be here for a while, so I might as well stare at the fish. They are oddly hypnotic." Then I actually start to like being captured............Aaaguugh! IT'S MADNESS! I've got to snap out of this! You have to free us before we're all completely brainwashed! ...But for now, why don't you gaze at the fish with me. You look tense. Come relax." - Toad.

So... Mind/Madness Manip for Bowser as well it seems.

Ganon resists Mindhax from tanking all the memories of a whole country for 100 years dumping onto him, so that resistance would be above Bowser's paygrade. Yes bowser is smart and isn't a dumb mindless buffoon, but Ganon itself is considerably smarter due to having the triforce of wisdom here

Back