• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The bane of all fighters CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tllmbrg

VS Battles
Content Moderator
Aight a Rust Monter CRT, I'm here to add abilities and resistances alongside improving stamina, specifying range and intelligence change
Natural Weaponry (They use their tails in combat) - Dragon Magazine 88 Page 22
Enhanced Senses has varying range as shown here with the difference with ferrous metals and other types and then how it doesn't smell it well in liquid and other substances (Dragon Magazine 88 Page 23) and in versions before 5e it can smell metal up to 90 feet (Monstours Manual 2e) but in 5e it's just 30 feet (Monster Manual 5e)
Limited resistance to mind manipulation (Only applies when trying to stop them from eating metal) - Dragon Magazine 88 Page 23
Resistance to poison and acid manipulation (Shown here) - Dragon Magazine 88 Page 24

Stamina should be above superhuman since they can go 2 months without food (Dragon Magazine 88 Page 23)
Intelligence should be animalistic, in the mind resistance scan they literally get it of being so single minded in pursuit of metal nothing stops them including various dangers
In weaknesses it should be noted that there're several places one can strike which won't corrode metal objects (Dragon Magazine 88 Page 23)

(Also someone should calc what Lifting Strength Rust Monsters would get of completely being unaffected by Gust of Wind)

I agree with everything, for the record.

So since this's a Rust Monster is this enough to just apply the CRT to the page?

Btw in natural weaponry Rust Monster should probs also have teeth mentioned since they have a bite attack

1. Yes, its fine to apply.

2. That's also fine.

Aight outside maybe a LS upgrade which is calc dependent this CRT is done

Aight so me and Bambu talked in Discord and we came to the agreement that Rust Monster gets stat amping via being hungry for metal of being able to resist strong manipulation and high level spells purely due to hunger
(I'm just saying it so the world can see it cuz transparency)

something something Tllm wanted me to look into the LS, per 3.5e math they can push 1500 lbs or 680 kg, Class 1, ooga booga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back