• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

THAT SCP Revision (Yes, it's High 1-A)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with the upgrade itself from outside context, but you never really explained why they should be real Alephs. Like I expected at least some explanation but this was really just "Ultima said so".

Information about True Authors should also have been added to OP in the first place. This thread is kind of a mess.
I'm just the guy that posts the CRTs. A lot of the arguments made come from the revision team as a whole. I was hoping Ultima could step in and respond to this and explain why they were real Alephs himself.

As for the True Authors bit, I was not sure if they had enough proof so I left them out. However, Saik provided me the proof after I posted the thread, hence its inclusion as a reply instead.

On that note, @Ultima_Reality

Yeah, as one of the people who suggested that to begin with, I obviously agree.

As far as I can tell, the previous argument for the aleph numbers described in 5800 not qualifying was the fact they are contained in a "the Fifth Dimension," but we've already disregarded dimensionality statements for similar cases in the past (See: DC's Sixth Dimension), where taking them at face value just doesn't fit in with the rest of a verse's cosmology. And even putting that aside, 5800 is explicitly a 5-dimensional space in a purely abstract sense, since its axes aren't really spatial measures like Length, Width or Height but stuff like "Abstractness," "Permeability," and "Corruptibility", so, yeah, those definitely don't serve to disqualify High 1-A anyway.

To further back up Ultima, "The Fifth Dimension" is also often used interchangeably with "The Fifth World" so its also possible it isn't even meant in that sense regardless. A rare inverse case of "dimension" being mistake for an axis instead of a universe

Yeah, as one of the people who suggested that to begin with, I obviously agree.

As far as I can tell, the previous argument for the aleph numbers described in 5800 not qualifying was the fact they are contained in a "the Fifth Dimension," but we've already disregarded dimensionality statements for similar cases in the past (See: DC's Sixth Dimension), where taking them at face value just doesn't fit in with the rest of a verse's cosmology. And even putting that aside, 5800 is explicitly a 5-dimensional space in a purely abstract sense, since its axes aren't really spatial measures like Length, Width or Height but stuff like "Abstractness," "Permeability," and "Corruptibility", so, yeah, those definitely don't serve to disqualify High 1-A anyway.
That is fine then.

Yes, 3999 is meant to represent the author Lord Stonefish, but not in the way someone like the Swann are, unless I missed some article about it that adds new info. At best you could treat it maybe as an avatar, but It works very differently from even the most direct author inserts like Scarlet Berkeley. Talloran gains his abilities by the end of it later as well iirc, so I think it is better to treat it as metaphorical but cosmologically unrelated entity
Yeah that makes sense, thanks for answering the question. I always assumed that 3999 was Lord StoneFish because IIRC Lord StoneFish wrote the article while they were in a terrible mental state and 3999 was representing his struggle to make a compelling SCP, which is why the article has those cuts and reedits all the time but there isn't necessarily any direct info which states that 3999 is StoneFish so it's likely not related to the 001 entities

Im honored that i made contribution For THE SCP FOUNDATION Upgrade even if i done little to help
Thank you Oven,Bambu,and Dargoo

So 3 mods have ok'd this including Ultima, Crimson, and Confluctor. Now we just need to decide who gets the protagonist plot manip. I'll start up a list and we can all discuss and add to it.

We still need to discuss who counts as a "Protagonist" since the broad definition would mean that 90% of our SCP profiles will get it.
I'd say a good way to judge this would be to see which doctors or agents have a tag on the SCP wiki, this means they're featured prominently in tales. Except for characters like Harry Blank, who are stated to be Archetypicals.

So 3 mods have ok'd this including Ultima, Crimson, and Confluctor. Now we just need to decide who gets the protagonist plot manip. I'll start up a list and we can all discuss and add to it.
We discussed the candidates already on discord, right?

Yeah but do SCPs with their own tales count?

In very small circumstances, it still has to fit the "satisfying conclusion" for their character's goals and motivations, and even if they fit that it should be limited, as their not exactly full protagonists, but mainly are molded into one to fit the story.

In that sense, you can also say none fit the bill because they don't exist as protagonists in the real sense, but rather fit the bill in set stories where there is nobody else to fill it.

I think they count.
Bein the main character doesn't mean you have to be a foundation agent or Human from a different GoI.
We have read lot of tales where SCPs and non human being be the MC of thier own story

Before we go on about the plot fuckery, since the 1A stuff is basically accepted, what do we do with the 2A part? Most people seem fine with just outright removing it.

I'm not comfortable with that since we have don't have any direct confirmation that the God tiers scale to the Noospheric God tiers.

I'm not comfortable with that since we have don't have any direct confirmation that the God tiers scale to the Noospheric God tiers.
Do we not have SK > 3125 and their battle with TDB shaking the Noosephere?

Yeah, I think it's fine for those on TBD level to be flat 1-A.

The lower God tiers like Hanged King and Yaldabaoth would remain 2-A, likely Low 1-C, possibly higher.

So if everyone is in agreement, is it ok for me to go through with the revision or should there be more discussion?

Let's wait for more comments from staff and knowledgeable members first, since it is a massive upgrade.

Let's wait for more comments from staff and knowledgeable members first, since it is a massive upgrade.
Literally all the staff that are also knowledgeable agree on the upgrade + several other knowledgeable members what

Pretty sure we have virtually no disagreement at all, and literally all the knowledgeable members and staff agreed with this.

I don't think we need to wait anymore.

Wasn't the protagonist's profile (Benjamin Oliver Walker, IINM) removed from this wiki?

Pretty sure we have virtually no disagreement at all, and literally all the knowledgeable members and staff agreed with this.

I don't think we need to wait anymore.
We need to get a reasonable amount of staff input before upgrades to massively high tiers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back