• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Celestial_Pegasus

VS Battles
Administrator
Currently Rimuru and Shion, both the LN and WN versions have Immunity to Mind Manipulation because they can think with only their souls which renders mind control abilities useless:
「I’ll add that impudent swords woman to my collection.
Devour her, Demon Marionette!!!」

That ominous light attacked not me, but Shion.
And seeing this,

「Kukukukuku. Be glad, it’s the ultimate incantation that can even control a demon lord!
It’s shame to have someone like you as a devil, but whatever.
Surely you are sick of serving a lowly slime?
After all, for someone who had so much trouble killing a lowly Orc Lord, to die by their subordinate’s hand is a fitting end!
After you dispose of your master, I’ll make you my pawn」

He declared.
Pointless. For a second I did want to say『Oh no! I’m doomed!』to get him riled up a bit, but this is too annoying.
This guy… is too weak.
He’s someone who’d be taken out by Hinata in a moment.
No, rather than weak, maybe I’m just accustomed to seeing Benimaru, Souei, and other department members who are overly strong.
By magic energy alone, he’s weaker than Shion.
Besides… Shion has that skill『Perfect Memory』that preserves her memories even after death.
In other words, she can exist as a soul alone.
So Soul Control Archive abilities are completely ineffective. Moreover, spiritual attack damage is also largely ignored.
In other words,

「Yo, what kind of attack is this? I don’t feel pain or anything.
How long are you planning to keep me waiting?」

I could hear Shion’s slightly irritated voice coming from the darkness.
Raphael had analyzed the effect and predicted that Shion would be unaffected; seems like he was correct.
So even though he introduced this as some grand secret technique, this is all it amounted to.-Chapter 81
「Gogogogogo. You should be happy, this is the ultimate curse spell that can even control Demon Lords! It is quite the waste to use it against Majin like you, but it doesn’t matter. I’ll have to reorganize the Five Fingers anyway. Come be my subordinate and be of use to me.」

He is completely mistaken judging by his words.

How pathetic, Clayman.

Shion is not rendered unable to move, it’s simply that she doesn’t want to move.

Clayman has boasted this skill to the roof yet it has had no effect. But perhaps you guys (readers) don’t know why that’s the case either.
Shion has obtained the skill 「Perfect Memory」 that can store her memory in her astral body——In simpler terms, it is a special skill that can save memory even when the brain is damaged.
As long as one retains his conscious soul and memory, he can be revived even when his body is completely damaged. She has become a special species. It won’t be too much to call her a semi-spiritual life form.

In other words, she can think with her soul.

That means she has complete immunity against all mind control effects.-Volume 6, Chapter 5

WN translation from what i remember a while back, is a little off, it's basically suppose to say the same thing as the LN, mind and soul got translated wrong, due to both being valid in certain contexts.

Anyway, Rimuru and Shion still have minds so they shouldn't have immunity, it should be changed to Unconventional Resistance to Mind Manipulation.

Currently Rimuru and Shion, both the LN and WN versions have Immunity to Mind Manipulation because they can think with only their souls which renders mind control abilities useless:

WN translation from what i remember a while back, is a little off, it's basically suppose to say the same thing as the LN, mind and soul got translated wrong, due to both being valid in certain contexts.

Anyway, Rimuru and Shion still have minds so they shouldn't have immunity, it should be changed to Unconventional Resistance to Mind Manipulation.
Agreed.They should have it for the same case with Maou Gokuin.

This seems uncontroversial to apply then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back