• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann: Nia Teppelin (Base and Messenger) [P&A] {Small Speed Downgrade}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Base

Removal of Weapon Mastery: She doesn't actually have any mastery in weapons

Non-Physical Interaction & Enhanced Senses moved to her Messenger Nia key

Regeneration moved to her Messenger key. Only proved the ability to regenerate after the Anti-Spiral genes within her was activated

Technology Manipulation removed from this key for the simple fact that even though anyone with exceptional levels of Spiral Power such as herself, can control mecha, it's absolutely useless, as she doesn't ever use this ability in this key

Messenger

Instinctive Reaction (Dodged Yoko's bullet, seemingly without any knowledge of her presence)

Limited Memory Manipulation & Regeneration (Low-Mid. Was desperately trying to regenerate, while Antispiral was examining her, by wrapping her memory around her. Regenerated from her belly, her breasts, her neck, and her face disappearing. Regenerated her entire body seemingly instantly, after becoming free of Antispiral)

Self-Sustenance (Type 1. Could stand in space, in the middle of the moon, and in Antispiral's universe)

Non-Physical Interaction & Enhanced Senses (In Antispiral's universe she was shown to be capable of physically touching and seeing Antispiral; a being stated to be invisible to humans)

Information Manipulation (Capable of planting false information)

Teleportation, Dimensional Travel, Portal Creation and Limited Space-Time Manipulation (Teleportation works by recognizing beings or objects and can instantly jump by thinking about it. Shown to be able to teleport instantly. Can travel through dimensions with portals. Her teleportation was stated to twist time and space)

Electricity Manipulation (
Can manipulate any electric currents, that run through her body)

Resistance to Electricity Manipulation & Paralysis Inducement (Remained unaffected by a blitzkrieg, which paralyze an opponent's actions)

Resistance to Pain Manipulation (Could move her arms which were severed)

Resistance to Information Analysis via Information Manipulation (Can prevent others from reading her information, by creating false information)

Resistance to Existence Erasure via Regeneration (Was supposed to disappear along with Antispiral right after his death, but kept regenerating her body until she reached her regeneration’s limit)

Speed

Her Combat Speed rating being Supersonic+ should not be at that level, since the feat that gives it that rating is done is Split a watermelon in one swing, something Yoko had trouble with even after multiple attempts which obviously would only be reaction speed, instead of Combat Speed. Her Combat Speed, in both base and her Messenger self, should be put at Transonic for (stomping Viral in a fist fight in prison)

Last edited:
This can't be taken literally at all. Read through it again and you will realise it's more of a poetic thing than to be taken literally. And the anime scenes don't back it up either.

Please provide greater context than just this. What kind of info did she plant? How did it happen? Etc, etc. This by itself can be literally anything. Can be hacking. Can be nothing, just writing. Or can be text manip. Need context.

Sure ig?

Resistance to Information Analysis via Information Manipulation (Can prevent others from reading her information, by creating false information)
With the evidence shown above? Nah.

Instinctive Reaction (Dodged Yoko's
Do they not have English translation?

Sure.

Could be also some sort of body control too

Resistance to Electricity Manipulation & Paralysis Inducement (Remained unaffected by a blitzkrieg, which paralyze an opponent's actions
Sure.

Speed sucks, so I will let someone else handle it.

This can't be taken literally at all. Read through it again and you will realise it's more of a poetic thing than to be taken literally
Actually yes, it can be taken literally. You’ve watched it right? In episode 24, Yoko asks what’s happening to her body, as in why are some of the parts disappearing, to which Lordgenome states that her body is being analyzed. Antispiral was analyzing all of the data Nia has acquired through the years. Nia sort of makes info to put her body back together, as reading info is why she’s disappearing in the first place. She uses information or memory and puts back together her body

Nia sort of makes info to put her body back together, as reading info is why she’s disappearing in the first place. She uses information or memory and puts back together her body
Maybe it would be better to post the actual scene from anime? Because I wouldn't take this seriously at all by itself.

I have seen the anime, yes. But I don't see info manip, seems more like data manip than actually info manip

But how is it data and not info?
The way the visuals come across.

Anyway, the evidence for info manip seems extremely limited for me, especially since it's a pretty op ability. In any case, who usually deals with GL threads so I can tag them? If they accept it as info manip, then sure.

The way the visuals come across.
Isn't that Style Over Substance fallacy? Plus, Antispiral implanted Anti-Spiral genes into Nia to get info on the Spiral Tribes, and Nia is planting false info, so that Antispiral doesn't read the info that is stored in her body
Anyway, the evidence for info manip seems extremely limited for me, especially since it's a pretty op ability
The way it's used in this instance isn't OP though, it's just creating false info to prevent others from analyzing knowledge she's gathered and maintaining her body
In any case, who usually deals with GL threads so I can tag them?
I'm not sure who mainly deals with it

Isn't that Style Over Substance fallacy?
Except the substance (aka scan here) is rather limited and can be interpreted in various ways. Also planting false info can mean so many different things. Could be mind hax for all we know.

But I will wait for some one else to come and have their say about it.

in the novel, is this the only bit about info manip or is there more to that passage?
Yeah, it's the only bit, but regardless it should be consistent, since her info being read makes her disappear, logically bringing new info to her body should put her back together

Nia Teppelin is the secondary female protagonist of the anime series Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, and the tritagonist of the latter two arcs of the series. She is the disowned daughter of Lordgenome, leader of the Beastmen and the main antagonist of the first season of the series. Clicker counter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back