• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tang Hye vs. God of Death (Tournament of Blood - Round 8)

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
Taking over First Witch's takeover of Zark's bracket, skipping the dead round on the justification that Shredder was missing a large amount of equipment on his profile that was being used to debate him.
  • The Characters: God of Death (Assassination Classroom), submitted by @Andytrenom and Tang Hye (Volcanic Age) submitted by @Zaratthustra
  • Versions: Obviously, pre-tentacleification of the God of Death.
  • Speed: Unequalized.
  • Setting: Battle takes place on a Mumbai rooftop at night, providing plenty of cover and hiding spots. Each combatant will start 20 meters apart.
  • Otherwise, Standard Battle Assumptions.
  • (NEW!) Tournament Hub
  • Current Vote
    • God of Death - 4 (Creaturemaster971, LSir, ThisThing, fandom)
    • Tang Hye - 2 (Zaratthustra, Zark)
    • Incon - 0

Last edited:
Well, hiding won't work against her as she can sense things with her mind.

She fights by throwing poison needles (not the usual throwing but with just a wave of hand dozen will come out of her sleeve) and by going close-range if needed to user her martial art that combines poison with (basically any touch of her will be lethal thanks to her poison which is lethal enough that it can kill those comparable with her thanks to being a combination of dozen if not hundreds of different poisons as it need someone with 1000 poison resistance to not be affected by her).

She will likely at beginning scan the zone with her mind to see it and since likely use the Poison Butterfly which creates a poisonous butterfly from her needles that will fly through the air to attack the target. At the same time, she has the Spirit and Qi Separator which will boost her cognitive abilities thanks to creating another mind in her body (basically having her mind twice in the body which helps a lot). As her butterfly attack (maybe kill) or just distract the target, she can likely get close enough to touch or get a good spot to use her poison needles.

Last edited:
I'll take that as a vote for Tang Hye.

It's been a while since I've watched Ass Class, but if Tang tries to get close what's stopping God of Death from paralyzing her with his clap-stun technique? (Outside of already being pricked with poisonous needles but that's besides the case). But yeah chi/ki-sensing kind of messes with his main strategy.

it can kill those comparable with her thanks to being a combination of dozen if not hundreds of different poisons as it need someone with 1000 poison resistance to not be affected by her)

How fast-acting is the poison? What are its effects/symptoms prior to it killing the victim?

They have like 1-2s after the touch/piercing happened then their skin starts to become purple and veins appear then die.

How exactly does this butterfly technique work? If we scale God of Death to Karasuma the latter has been able to move out of the way of machinegun fire which activated as he walked round a corner and can parkour around a large space in seconds (Let's see if I can find the scan). Suffice to say he would be pretty good at dodging

And let's not forget that he has a huge AP advantage, if he stuns her and then attacks, I'm not sure how she is withstanding that

She throws it and it will chase the target.

Same for her, she just needs one needle to pierce, or her to touch him once, or use her poison powder to win. But as they are both assassins, and try for stealth first, GoD already loses his adavantage as she can sense things with her mind.

Andy makes a good point with God of Death already being experienced in avoiding a large wealth of projectiles - and I'm going to assume Tang doesn't have a bottomless well of needles to throw at him. How long could she keep something like that up before she needs to approach him to use her powder or physical strikes?

Granted being able to hard counter Ass Class-level stealth helps Tang a lot here - I don't think the God of Death would expect someone to easily work past his level of hiding ability.

Either way though, vote counted for Zark.

Can't know since she never was shown to be in a situation where she is left without them as she finishes in one attack.

At the same time, she is known as one of the Three Phoenixes making her one of the top 10 strongest in a world full of martial arts, so I will say she is pretty good in melee to as her Poison Martial Art is made specially for this.

Some feats that I have at hand right now

Can't know since she never was shown to be in a situation where she is left without them as she finishes in one attack.
That's quite problematic, then, if the claim is that she can projectile-spam God of Death when she hasn't shown enough ammunition over time to suggest she's capable of doing this. Going of the scans it doesn't necessarily look like something he can't avoid based on his own feats.
she is pretty good in melee to as her Poison Martial Art is made specially for this.
The only issue with this is the clap-stun technique - theoretically God of Death doesn't need to touch her to get a KO if he employs this.

@Tllmbrg

I don't think anyone has voted God of Death yet, Andy and I were just questioning the reasoning behind the votes for Tang Hye.

@fandom_00potato

Like I said earlier, I there hasn't been any explicit votes for God of Death yet. It might be best to wait for Andy to re-comment or to write up reasonings on your own vote based on the above discussion.

@Andytrenom Just wanted to confirm, was your comment a vote? If not, looking at the above discussion on Tang Hye, do you have an opinion of who would win?

God of Death can mess with perception in some way, I'll have to reread the chapters involved to see it's exact mechanics.

Can he not clap-stun? Plus being an absurdly skilled melee combatant

Can he not clap-stun? Plus being an absurdly skilled melee combatant
He can clap-stun, yeah. Basically from what I understand, he needs to avoid an initial barrage of poison-tipped needles then engage Tang Hye in melee without touching her, since her body itself has a contact-toxin that has the same effect as her needles. How often he goes for the clap stun and if that's something he starts with in melee would be important for him to avoid being poisoned.

Iirc without prep time he would go for the clap stun. I also believe he can mess with a person's subconscious so that they ignore him as part of the background, but again I'll need to revisit the explanation.

Well, if he can do that, that would certainly allow him to counter Tang Hye’s enhanced sensing ability.

Assuming he does get close enough, what exactly is stopping him from killing her with his "hidden scythe" (besides speed equal, now that I think about it...)? Granted, even if it may not kill, massive loss of blood is unlikely to not affect her.

Basically, a mini-projectile weapon God of Death has on one of his fingers, which he aims with his hyper skills to go for the aorta to cause excessive bleeding.

Last edited:
Korosensei doesn't have the gun version, but I recall someone saying he can do something similar using sand. Unfortunately, unlike the perception manipulation I don't know where to find that excerpt.

It should be in the chapters with the background for Korosensei, where we see stuff like him training the Second God of Death or about his assassinations.

The thing that hard-counter him is not Enhanced Sense but her Extrasensory Perception where she can sense others with her mind.

Really? The link is working perfectly for me... that's weird.

You can just look for Past Time Sixth for the image, is when Korosensei is going nuts and finally escaping the lab

Alright. And the Shinigami Time arc gives a very good display of the Reaper's abilities, all of which are inferior pastiches of Korosensei's skills.

So essentially he can hide his presence by controlling his personal atmosphere or giving a false impression of where he is.

And if he decides to show himself, his tone of voice and demeanor can subtly brainwash her into being completely at ease and thinking he's friendly, regardless of how disturbing his words are or whether she already knows he's an enemy.

No no, he can just brainwash outright. The doctors say as much on the first chapter of the flashback, and one of the dudes tell the other to assume he could kill them easily at any moment now even as he is completely restrained, and to not engage in talking to him due to said brainwashing.

Aight, so that's our first legit vote for the God of Death.

God of Death -1 (Creaturemaster971)
Tang Hye - 2 (Zaratthustra, Zark)
Incon - 0

God of Death - 4 (Creaturemaster971, LSir, ThisThing, fandom)
Tang Hye - 2 (Zaratthustra, Zark)
Incon - 0

Back