• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tabbers for the character's images/renders should be a standard.

M3X_2.0

VS Battles
Retired
One of the ugliest things I've ever seen in this wiki is DBS Goku's renders format. This is awful and there is no need to stick with this.

rPPOQ2t.jpg

Here I made a way better formatting, just an example. Characters like Goku, with variations of the same transformation, should use tabbers within tabbers and it shouldn't be optional. Hell I made that in 10 minutes and I didn't even try. People should stop doing non stop revisions and actually revise the formatting of the profiles.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree completely. Although I would put the SSBKKx10 and SSBKKx20 renders in their own tabber under the SSBKK render.

I thought that too, but I don't really since it's just an example. Another example is what I did with Jotaro here. Tabbers within tabbers within tabbers, basically 3.

Sure why not, allows me to cram a dozen variants of the same guy with various armor sets in that one tabber LMAO

It seems very unrealistic to start a massive wiki project for this issue. Also, we would need a proper explanation section for how to do this in our standard format page.

It seems very unrealistic to start a massive wiki project for this issue. Also, we would need a proper explanation section for how to do this in our standard format page.
Not sure if it would affect that many profile pictures. It could be an over-time thing.

It's also very unrealistic to implement References, but we are still doing it.
I mean, I can see some sort of importance on References, if Imgur accounts were ever to vanish, so would the piles of scans we accumulated over the years and we'd have nothing to source to. With References we at least have a backup plan which users can see through... less honorable means.

As for picture galleries, reserve it only for those with really big galleries or with really important transformations and armor sets. We already do this to a small degree, just ask Iron Man's MCU profile.

Yeah, and adding references is even harder, because you need the source and writing the same thing a lot of times. To add tabbers you simply need to write the code and relocate the image.

Yeah, and adding references is even harder, because you need the source and writing the same thing a lot of times. To add tabbers you simply need to write the code and relocate the image.
Of course, another solution would be to get a big-enough screen to view everything properly. Like on a PC.

Oh wait, even with your solutions, if a character were to get even more wacky hair transformations, god forbid, we'd still collectively have the same problem down the line.

I don't think you understand the reason behind using tabbers for transformations

It's also very unrealistic to implement References, but we are still doing it.
References are an absolute necessity for our survival in the long run, whereas this is just an aesthetic personal preference.

If our members want to improve on the tabber structure for different pages in an organised manner there is nothing that stops them from doing so, but given that the code is rather complicated and there recurrently aren't any logical sub-sections for the tabbers, I definitely don't think that we can uniformly enforce it on everything.

References are an absolute necessity for our survival in the long run, whereas this is just an aesthetic personal preference.

If our members want to improve on the tabber structure for different pages in an organised manner there is nothing that stops them from doing so, but given that the code is rather complicated and there recurrently aren't any logical sub-sections for the tabbers, I definitely don't think that we can uniformly enforce it on everything.
Put it up as a "highly recommended" thing then?

I basically gave up on that considering the lack of consistency; as we are using references (way more complicated than tabbers) and tabbers is considered hard.

If Ant and staff want trash profiles like the Goku one, sure. I dont mind anymore. Gonna keep using tabbers to make everything better.

Okay. I thought that you wanted to make it compulsory.

Yes, I totally agree that adding a detailed explanation of how to implement tabbers on the standard format page and encouraging users/staff to implement them is an excellent idea. It will improve the profiles greatly, I think.
It can't be compulsory due to the massive number of profiles, but I think gradual implementation will net great results in the long run.
Profiles almost always look better and cleaner with tabbers than without, so yeah.

Mentioning it as a recommended editing structure might be an idea, yes, but then somebody would need to provide significant easy to understand explanations for the following page:

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Standard_Format_for_Character_Profiles
See above. We would need to apply this suggestion in practice. Making it a requirement is not realistic, but encouraging and explaining how to do it, is fine.
Is anybody willing to help out by creating an explanation text and updated header image in a sandbox draft for the above linked page please?

I'm gonna create a sandbox/blog explaning how to use simple tabbers and tabbers within tabbers.

Okay. Thank you. Do we need to update our header example image for the standard format page as well?

Okay. Do you have the competence to handle it properly? Or can you give instructions to our image helpers?

I'm not sure how they made that image, the program they used. But I can give the instructions, yes. I'm currently working on the tabbers blog.

I'm not sure how they made that image, the program they used. But I can give the instructions, yes. I'm currently working on the tabbers blog.
Okay.

@The_Divine_Phoenix @Colonel_Krukov @Zaratthustra @ZackMoon1234 @Dark-Carioca @MistaClean @MonkeyOfLife

Would any of you be willing to help us out with appropriately updating the layout for the top image of the following page please?

Okay.

@The_Divine_Phoenix @Colonel_Krukov @Zaratthustra @ZackMoon1234 @Dark-Carioca @MistaClean @MonkeyOfLife

Would any of you be willing to help us out with appropriately updating the layout for the top image of the following page please?

Is it just the "tabbers within tabbers" bit or is there more that should be added?

Back