• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact AKM sama if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.

Tabbers for the character's images/renders should be a standard.

M3X

One of the ugliest things I've ever seen in this wiki is DBS Goku's renders format. This is awful and there is no need to stick with this.

rPPOQ2t.jpg

Here I made a way better formatting, just an example. Characters like Goku, with variations of the same transformation, should use tabbers within tabbers and it shouldn't be optional. Hell I made that in 10 minutes and I didn't even try. People should stop doing non stop revisions and actually revise the formatting of the profiles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure why not, allows me to cram a dozen variants of the same guy with various armor sets in that one tabber LMAO

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
It seems very unrealistic to start a massive wiki project for this issue. Also, we would need a proper explanation section for how to do this in our standard format page.

It's also very unrealistic to implement References, but we are still doing it.
I mean, I can see some sort of importance on References, if Imgur accounts were ever to vanish, so would the piles of scans we accumulated over the years and we'd have nothing to source to. With References we at least have a backup plan which users can see through... less honorable means.

As for picture galleries, reserve it only for those with really big galleries or with really important transformations and armor sets. We already do this to a small degree, just ask Iron Man's MCU profile.

M3X

Yeah, and adding references is even harder, because you need the source and writing the same thing a lot of times. To add tabbers you simply need to write the code and relocate the image.

Yeah, and adding references is even harder, because you need the source and writing the same thing a lot of times. To add tabbers you simply need to write the code and relocate the image.
Of course, another solution would be to get a big-enough screen to view everything properly. Like on a PC.

Oh wait, even with your solutions, if a character were to get even more wacky hair transformations, god forbid, we'd still collectively have the same problem down the line.

M3X

I don't think you understand the reason behind using tabbers for transformations

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
It's also very unrealistic to implement References, but we are still doing it.
References are an absolute necessity for our survival in the long run, whereas this is just an aesthetic personal preference.

If our members want to improve on the tabber structure for different pages in an organised manner there is nothing that stops them from doing so, but given that the code is rather complicated and there recurrently aren't any logical sub-sections for the tabbers, I definitely don't think that we can uniformly enforce it on everything.

References are an absolute necessity for our survival in the long run, whereas this is just an aesthetic personal preference.

If our members want to improve on the tabber structure for different pages in an organised manner there is nothing that stops them from doing so, but given that the code is rather complicated and there recurrently aren't any logical sub-sections for the tabbers, I definitely don't think that we can uniformly enforce it on everything.
Put it up as a "highly recommended" thing then?

M3X

I basically gave up on that considering the lack of consistency; as we are using references (way more complicated than tabbers) and tabbers is considered hard.

If Ant and staff want trash profiles like the Goku one, sure. I dont mind anymore. Gonna keep using tabbers to make everything better.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Okay. I thought that you wanted to make it compulsory.

UchihaSlayer96

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Yes, I totally agree that adding a detailed explanation of how to implement tabbers on the standard format page and encouraging users/staff to implement them is an excellent idea. It will improve the profiles greatly, I think.
It can't be compulsory due to the massive number of profiles, but I think gradual implementation will net great results in the long run.
Profiles almost always look better and cleaner with tabbers than without, so yeah.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Mentioning it as a recommended editing structure might be an idea, yes, but then somebody would need to provide significant easy to understand explanations for the following page:

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Standard_Format_for_Character_Profiles
See above. We would need to apply this suggestion in practice. Making it a requirement is not realistic, but encouraging and explaining how to do it, is fine.
Is anybody willing to help out by creating an explanation text and updated header image in a sandbox draft for the above linked page please?

M3X

I'm gonna create a sandbox/blog explaning how to use simple tabbers and tabbers within tabbers.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Okay. Thank you. Do we need to update our header example image for the standard format page as well?

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Okay. Do you have the competence to handle it properly? Or can you give instructions to our image helpers?

M3X

I'm not sure how they made that image, the program they used. But I can give the instructions, yes. I'm currently working on the tabbers blog.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
I'm not sure how they made that image, the program they used. But I can give the instructions, yes. I'm currently working on the tabbers blog.
Okay.

@The_Divine_Phoenix @Colonel_Krukov @Zaratthustra @ZackMoon1234 @Dark-Carioca @MistaClean @MonkeyOfLife

Would any of you be willing to help us out with appropriately updating the layout for the top image of the following page please?

Dark-Carioca

VS Battles
Image Helper
Okay.

@The_Divine_Phoenix @Colonel_Krukov @Zaratthustra @ZackMoon1234 @Dark-Carioca @MistaClean @MonkeyOfLife

Would any of you be willing to help us out with appropriately updating the layout for the top image of the following page please?

Is it just the "tabbers within tabbers" bit or is there more that should be added?

M3X

@Antvasima It should be noted that when creating profiles with multiple versions and/or states of the character, the profile should have tabbers. It should also be noted that profiles with multiple versions of the same characters, but without using tabbers, should have it, like Goku's profile.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
This pretty much resumes tabbers.

Thank you. It looks good to me.

@AKM sama @Promestein @DontTalkDT @Mr._Bambu @DarkDragonMedeus @Damage3245

What do you think?
Is it just the "tabbers within tabbers" bit or is there more that should be added?
Well, given that M3X's descriptions were so easy to understand, maybe the image can remain the way it is? My apologies for bothering you.
@Antvasima It should be noted that when creating profiles with multiple versions and/or states of the character, the profile should have tabbers. It should also be noted that profiles with multiple versions of the same characters, but without using tabbers, should have it, like Goku's profile.
That seems fine to me.
Och god morgon🤔 😁👍 edit: Well god dag 😁👍
God kväll.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
I will have to figure out how to properly reword and reformat the beginning of the standard format page to incorporate the new information later, but I am far too tired and busy right now.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Thank you for the evaluation.

So should I try to properly incorporate M3X's descriptions into the standard format page now then?

I'd better add to the explanation blog how to make a tabber like this. It's really useful for characters with variable characteristics
<tabber>
|-|General=
{{#tag:tabber|
{{!}}-{{!}}Beginning of the series=
{{!}}-{{!}}Abilities=
{{!}}-{{!}}Resistances=
}}
{{!}}-{{!}}Vs Mahito Arc to beginning of Shibuya Arc=
{{!}}-{{!}}Abilities=
{{!}}-{{!}}Resistances=
}}
{{!}}-{{!}}End of Shibuya Arc=
{{!}}-{{!}}Abilities=
{{!}}-{{!}}Resistances=
}}
}}
|-|Black Flash=
|-|Sukuna's Influence=
</tabber>

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
I'd better add to the explanation blog how to make a tabber like this. It's really useful for characters with variable characteristics
<tabber>
|-|General=
{{!}}-{{!}}Beginning of the series=
{{!}}-{{!}}Abilities=
{{!}}-{{!}}Resistances=
}}
{{!}}-{{!}}Vs Mahito Arc to beginning of Shibuya Arc=
{{!}}-{{!}}Abilities=
{{!}}-{{!}}Resistances=
}}
{{!}}-{{!}}End of Shibuya Arc=
{{!}}-{{!}}Abilities=
{{!}}-{{!}}Resistances=
}}
}}
|-|Black Flash=
|-|Sukuna's Influence=
</tabber>
@M3X

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Thank you. Tell me here when you are finished and I should try to modify the standard format page with your draft.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Is this fine?

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Thank you.

Is there anything left to do here, or should we close this thread?

M3X

Now we need to encourage members to add tabbers for profiles like Goku and any other profiles with multiple renders without tabbers or sub tabbers.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
I suppose so, but I am not sure how to accomplish it in an efficient manner.