• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sword Art Online (Post-Aincrad) Kirito Power Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with it, yes. It classifies them in your terms, but also makes clear his "immortality" is not exactly making him defy death.
OK. Star King and Star Queen still gets their Immortality but we should note about the weaknesses tho.

Downgrade direction and ground seem reasonable
Aite, then 7-B terrain manip for EoA/SQ Asuna.

EoA Kirito will just have 7-B Release Recollection via the NSS, but SK will have both 7-B RR and Incarnation via being hooked onto the main visualizer.
And we are about to discuss which states to put at and what new abilities remain or joins in right?

Is speed still the same like sub relativistic+ something? Or rel by this

Last edited:
We'll worry about it when the next CRT thread comes up. Anyways, DMUA is asleep by this time I think, so he won't be editing the profiles right now.

I will unlock the Kirito profile for DMUA to edit.

However, living for 170 years is not immortality, just longevity. Immortality according to our system means never aging at all ever.

If we are looking on the very isolated level of "They do not age", yes, their age number does not go up in Underworld once it is stopped and they also will not physically age, as the system dictates all that based on the "Age" stat.

However they keep aging mentally as their own physical brains are responsible for that and they will die eventually whenever their physical brain reaches its limit.

From the way you put it, I certainly feel like their situation does not fit "Immortality". I would expect someone immortal to actually be... Immortal and not be limited by timely constraints.

I am referring to this which seems to have been agreed upon right after I posted it
That was not agreed upon.

First off, it is not clear what exactly is available as information in the source and what comes from assumption.

Secondly, in v18, Kirito states it will take over 5 minutes to reach them. And 600 miles (almost 1000 km) is quite the big number that I would not believe without seeing. They are crossing quite the short distance, from the ruins in the south to the Altar at the southern edge.

And last but not least, it is off topic of course.

If we are looking on the very isolated level of "They do not age", yes, their age number does not go up in Underworld once it is stopped and they also will not physically age, as the system dictates all that based on the "Age" stat.

However they keep aging mentally as their own physical brains are responsible for that and they will die eventually whenever their physical brain reaches its limit.

From the way you put it, I certainly feel like their situation does not fit "Immortality". I would expect someone immortal to actually be... Immortal and not be limited by timely constraints.
Agreed.

I will unlock the Kirito profile for DMUA to edit.

However, living for 170 years is not immortality, just longevity. Immortality according to our system means never aging at all ever.
What?! It can't be longevity. They were forced to stay in the Underworld for 200 years.

I'm not saying that it can't be immortality. If there's evidence to say that they aren't affected by age or time at all then it's obviously immortality. I'm just saying that the reasoning you gave, that they lived there for 200 years, was faulty. My mistake, I should've worded it better.

Unless they are capable of living from the beginning to the end of the universe, at the very least, immortality seems very exaggerated, and it seems like their "real world" human brains have serious limitations in that area.

Unless they are capable of living from the beginning to the end of the universe, at the very least, immortality seems very exaggerated, and it seems like their "real world" human brains have serious limitations in that area.
How about Limited Immortality (Type 1)?

Sorry if this is a bit unrelated, but with all the things said then isn't really true that the characters in the game are true persons from other dimension, right? I have heard many times that in some point is said that they are real but with everything here I think that that is a misunderstanding or exageration of the fact that is a truly realistic game.

Sorry if this is a bit unrelated, but with all the things said then isn't really true that the characters in the game are true persons from other dimension, right? I have heard many times that in some point is said that they are real but with everything here I think that that is a misunderstanding or exageration of the fact that is a truly realistic game.
I don't know where you heard that, but yeah, that is a misunderstanding. The Underworld is a realistic simulation, but in the end none of it is real; it's all virtual. There's no other dimension where everybody is real, that sounds kinda dumb.

I don't know where you heard that, but yeah, that is a misunderstanding. The Underworld is a realistic simulation, but in the end none of it is real; it's all virtual. There's no other dimension where everybody is real, that sounds kinda dumb.
It was here, in other threads of SAO I saw they saying that the character of the Underworld were real. Maybe dimension wasn't the right word, but instead other universe or whatever, the point was that they were real, now that is made clear that they aren't then that argument isn't valid anymore.

Using Yen Press prose as a basis for reasoning power levels
I'm not too sure about this one, especially considering how they can be hit or miss with certain translations

Go forward with it for now I guess.

I agree that it should longevity.

Characters with immortality (Type 1) should not die from any sort of aging whether it be physically, mentally, or spiritually since it would contradict the reasoning behind immortality (Type 1) which is to not die from old age and old age isn't really limited to the physical body.

I'm not too sure about this one, especially considering how they can be hit or miss with certain translations

Go forward with it for now I guess.
When even the fan translator himself says his translation is deprecated as Stephen Paul has decades more experience in translating stuff, you need to have some sort of an argument to refuse the translations.

I really feel like at least someone should have taken care of it within the 18 hours the notifications to this thread were hidden to me but it's done now

I could probably make a proper calculation for Kirito's flight speed but I'm gonna be honest I do not care at this point, maybe when it's not 11 PM my time I'll take care of it and we can put that on for his travel speed but

1. Does Star King Kirito and Star Queen Asuna age during the 170 years?
...if you want to reduce that to longevity...
By this logic very few characters should be immortal even on a type 1 sense.

2. Sub-rel seems fine... what else removes it?

3. maybe we need another thread to discuss about lores of online game universe relative to "real world“ in-verse or "virtual world".

Last edited:
I really feel like at least someone should have taken care of it within the 18 hours the notifications to this thread were hidden to me but it's done now

I could probably make a proper calculation for Kirito's flight speed but I'm gonna be honest I do not care at this point, maybe when it's not 11 PM my time I'll take care of it and we can put that on for his travel speed but
If you bookmark these two pages, and use them in combination, you should be able to efficiently keep track of all discussion threads that you subscribe to:

Anyway, what, if anything, is left to do here?

1. Does Star King Kirito and Star Queen Asuna age during the 170 years?
...if you want to reduce that to longevity...
By this logic very few characters should be immortal even on a type 1 sense.
Their real world brains age during the time, so it doesn't work like genuine immortality would.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back