• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sword Art Online (Post-Aincrad) Kirito Power Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I have to state it is explicitly mentioned as "over 5 minutes" in v18, this topic has nothing to do with the speeds, so I am going to ask the talk to be saved for another thread.
We'll have make another CRT for speed after this thread is over but it's for Kirito's WoU key this time. So I'll refrain from talking about speed on this thread from now on.

Seriously? Are the profiles that messy?
With so many new information pop right now, i think we should also revise some of his power/hax section, for example his probability manip he have, the description for the ability could be from, again a mistranslation, leading to misunderstand the feat. well i mean some of hax like Freezing hax is fine, but higher hax i think we should revise them to have accurate information on his profile and SAO profile as whole. As i roaming among vs community like comicvine and spacebattle, i saw many of SAO debaters scream about our SAO profile especially Kirito's, and to be honest i think they did have some good point, so i think we should also revise Kirito hax, if everything currently he have is accurate then it fine, not like i want to remove his abilities because of others said about us.

With so many new information pop right now, i think we should also revise some of his power/hax section, for example his probability manip he have, the description for the ability could be from, again a mistranslation, leading to misunderstand the feat. well i mean some of hax like Freezing hax is fine, but higher hax i think we should revise them to have accurate information on his profile and SAO profile as whole. As i roaming among vs community like comicvine and spacebattle, i saw many of SAO debaters scream about our SAO profile especially Kirito's, and to be honest i think they did have some good point, so i think we should also revise Kirito hax, if everything currently he have is accurate then it fine, not like i want to remove his abilities because of others said about us.
I mean that is fair, I just meant that im moreso surprised that the profiles could potentially have so much messy use of info on it.

The current issues on the profiles (which there are many) are basically a lot of isolated paragraphs being presented here completely out of context and imagination filling the blanks.

Kirito has no hacks. Even the way the freezing of Blue Rose Sword is described here by some people makes me feel there is a massive misunderstanding of what it does, with people thinking it freezes below 0 degrees Kelvin or something against the Abyssal Horror, whereas it just traps things in physical ice, which plenty of powerful people can just break out of as the people are not frozen at all, they are just trapped in a chunk of ice.

But again, please do not derail thread with what is to be done etc. Iirc, we basically had come to a conclusion here a couple days ago. Let's finish it here, commit the changes and then we'll see what happens next after that.

Are any editors who know what they are doing willing to apply what you have agreed about here?

Thank you for helping out. Are the rest of you fine with if DMUA applies some agreed upon edits now?

Oh, yeah

Considering the Goddesses have maximized stats I should just compress the Star Queen and Stacia keys into one thing, right?

Hmmm, but SQ has added immortality and a few other things, so probably just keep them separate but the same tier.

Maaaaaybe 7-B scaling to Kirito, since her meteor did critical damage to the Abyssal Horror.

Did we ever decide 7-B terrain manip for SQ Asuna?

I think so
Aite, then 7-B terrain manip for EoA/SQ Asuna.

EoA Kirito will just have 7-B Release Recollection via the NSS, but SK will have both 7-B RR and Incarnation via being hooked onto the main visualizer.

Mind you, "immortality" is just "pausing the aging process", it is not exactly an ability or something.

That is a power on this site

It's not widely usable but it would mess with age manipulation, for one thing

They still can die if they live too long due to filled memory though. It's literally just a single stop of numbers. They even "died 30 years ago", which implies they just went into a sleep so they would not die.

That was what I was getting at. They are not "immortal", they just have an age stop on them.

Again, stopping the "age stat" from going up does not actually stop their actual aging process. Age is not just a number in a system, they will still die of old age at some point because their brain ages whether they stop a meaningless system number or not.
Star King and Star Queen aged mentally for at least 200 years. That would be enough to qualify for Immortality (Type 1). Actually, this is Kirito we are talking about, not Kazuto. Star King and Star Queen should definitely have Immortality (Type 1).

Again, stopping the "age stat" from going up does not actually stop their actual aging process. Age is not just a number in a system, they will still die of old age at some point because their brain ages whether they stop a meaningless system number or not.
the first I have heard of it, people might go insane over time but the function of the mind does not die.

Star King and Star Queen aged mentally for at least 200 years. That would be enough to qualify for Immortality (Type 1). Actually, this is Kirito we are talking about, not Kazuto. Star King and Star Queen should definitely have Immortality (Type 1).
They aged mentally for no more than 170 years. And most of that time, it is implied they just slept to not accumulate strain.

Kirito is still very much limited by the constraints of Kazuto just the same. There are things you just cannot separate like that.

Again, it is a completely separate topic and I do not want to spend half an hour trying to refute irrelevant misconception

They aged mentally for no more than 170 years. And most of that time, it is implied they just slept to not accumulate strain.

Kirito is still very much limited by the constraints of Kazuto just the same. There are things you just cannot separate like that.

Again, it is a completely separate topic and I do not want to spend half an hour trying to refute irrelevant misconception
Please read this at least. We can stop derailing after this.

Just include Immortality (Type 1) and add a weakness that accumulating too many memories can cause them to die.

Someone using Age Manipulation to age them up wouldn't do anything, but experiencing too many things would.

I think youa re misunderstanding. Yes, something like Kirito's musclature is irrelevant for his power in Underworld.

But you are missing the point where Kazuto's limitation literally carries over to Kirito in this case of memory limit.
Just include Immortality (Type 1) and add a weakness that accumulating too many memories can cause them to die.

Someone using Age Manipulation to age them up wouldn't do anything, but experiencing too many things would.
^ You're basically saying this? Gamerturk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back