• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sword Art Online General Discussion/Q&A Thread #4

Was looking at Gabriel's page and I'm really curious why he lost his NEP (Non Existent Physiology) for his Angel of Death form, especially when after looking through the threads it was never addressed during GT's revisions. Kirito himself states a couple times that he is a patch of nothing and a black hole, the official War Of Underworld website states he has "become the incarnation of pitch-black nothingness" (and we already know what Incarnation can do), he has a Void Blade and is referred to as a void and when you think about this moment in the series and what character Gabriel is it makes sense.

But I don't feel like making a CRT before I go through with this just to get it denied.

Edit: To add to this, in Reki Kawahara's WoU recaps (specifically Episode 19) he even directly says that Gabriel has an incarnation of emptiness. (Link here, since Gsimenas translated this.)

Last edited:
Was looking at Gabriel's page and I'm really curious why he lost his NEP (Non Existent Physiology) for his Angel of Death form, especially when after looking through the threads it was never addressed during GT's revisions. Kirito himself states a couple times that he is a patch of nothing and a black hole, the official War Of Underworld website states he has "become the incarnation of pitch-black nothingness" (and we already know what Incarnation can do), he has a Void Blade and is referred to as a void and when you think about this moment in the series and what character Gabriel is it makes sense.

But I don't feel like making a CRT before I go through with this just to get it denied.

Edit: To add to this, in Reki Kawahara's WoU recaps (specifically Episode 19) he even directly says that Gabriel has an incarnation of emptiness. (Link here, since Gsimenas translated this.)

If I had to guess, I'd wager he lost it for a similar reason that Kirito's same 'omnipotence' statement doesn't qualify Gabriel for T3/T2 tiers and the like (on a count of outliers and WoU being one Planet and one other celestial body and what not). It's probably a weird interpretation thing? Idk.

Last edited:
If I had to guess, I'd wager he lost it for a similar reason that Kirito's same 'omnipotence' statement doesn't qualify Gabrial for T3/T2 tiers and the like (on a count of outliers and WoU being one Planet and one other celestial body and what not). It's probably a weird interpretation thing? Idk.
I don't see how these two are similar situations IMO, especially with context from the series. Saying Kirito has become omnipotent makes 0 sense and is clear flowery language without a doubt, Gabriel being literal nothingness makes sense in the context of the series.

Last edited:
I don't see how these two are similar situations IMO, especially with context from the series. Saying Kirito has become omnipotent makes 0 sense and is clear flowery language without a doubt, Gabriel being literal nothingness makes sense in the context of the series.

I didn’t say Kirito was Omnipotent, I said that Kirito described Gabriel as such (silly wording on my part, but Gabe’s profile does have that put down).

And yeah, I think we both agree on flowery language being a factor.

I didn’t say Kirito was Omnipotent, I said that Kirito described Gabriel as such (silly wording on my part, but Gabe’s profile does have that put down).

And yeah, I think we both agree on flowery language being a factor.
Ah, I misunderstood then. Regardless I think given the nature of Gabriel and Incarnation as a whole NEP wouldn't be that far fetched

To be clear, he is not incorporeal or "void". He just devours Incarnation that is thrown at him, things that he can clearly see coming, and react accordingly. Which is exactly why the razors Kirito generates in his heart, before Gabriel tries to gulp it down, actually cuts his throat. Because he is still physically very much there and is not a "black hole" of sorts. He's basically reacting to things via his Incarnation.

If Im parrying punches thrown at me, am I physically invincible? No, I'm just parrying punches. If someone pulls a fake punch with their right, and then punch me with their left, they'll hit me because I did not see it coming. That's a simple equivalence to illustrate the circumstances.

To be clear, he is not incorporeal or "void". He just devours Incarnation that is thrown at him, things that he can clearly see coming, and react accordingly. Which is exactly why the razors Kirito generates in his heart, before Gabriel tries to gulp it down, actually cuts his throat. Because he is still physically very much there and is not a "black hole" of sorts. He's basically reacting to things via his Incarnation.

If Im parrying punches thrown at me, am I physically invincible? No, I'm just parrying punches. If someone pulls a fake punch with their right, and then punch me with their left, they'll hit me because I did not see it coming. That's a simple equivalence to illustrate the circumstances.
Thanks for the clarification although I came to the same conclusion after remember the knife scene.

Iirc, it isn't literally void, but it is something like, Black or Dark element which give vibe of a void, that what i remember back in the thread

Back