• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sword Art Online CRT: Minor Buffs To The Entire Verse

Let's get to the chase

Attack Reflection & Shield Creation for Human Realm Arc Kirito:
The Heaven Piercing Sword shone dazzlingly, projecting the ray of light that would ring his death knell through his hear

“Discharge!”

It was in that instant when that scream reached Eugeo's ears.

Directly before Fanatio's sword shone, Kirito slapped his two hands together with a 'pan!' and then held them out in front. What appeared before his palms was a single sheet colored silver.

No, that's not it. It wasn't merely a sheet of metal. The perfectly level, square sheet clearly reflected Fanatio's helmet while the knight stood in front of Eugeo.

Immortality Type 4: If a character dies in the Underworld without getting their soul getting destroyed, they can log in to Underworld again (They will need to have a different account tho)

Immortality Type 8: Characters in the Underworld can't die as long as their fluctlight isn't destroyed

Since we know the stars were real, I say we remove the possibly 4-B with just a solid 4-B

This would give Subtilizer Low 6-B, likely 4-B

Intelligence for Quinella should be Nigh-Omniscient, potentially Omniscient since she has knowledge of nearly everything in the Underworld as it says on her profile:
The Administrator, being the oldest resident of the Underworld, is one of, if not the smartest, wisest, and most experienced person in the entirety of the Underworld. She memorized and has access to every single Sacred Art in existence, as well as having complete knowledge of nearly everything in the Underworld. She surpasses all characters in the series in terms of sword fighting, with Kirito outright stating that she's superior to him.
This should also affect Star King Kirito and Star Queen Asuna since they spent 200 years in the Underworld and cracked all the secrets that Quinella had discovered in her lifetime

Star King's and Star Queen's Range should be Universal since Kirito shook the universe

Also, Enhanced Ice Manipulation or Absolute Zero and/or Resistance Negation with Durability Negation (Was able to freeze the Abyssal Horror, something that is used to the coldness of space)
“Release recollection!!”

Blinding light burned the imagepanel stark white.

When the image immediately returned, at its center it was possible to see several streaks of bluish-white light shooting from the blade raised by the swordsman and rocketing towards the Abyssal Horror.

Those lights were as thin as fibers compared to the space beast’s gargantuan form, but when they struck and wrapped around it, the beast’s speed of assault became visibly attenuated. The frantic motions of its freely wriggling 12 tentacles became stiff. Almost as if they had frozen.

But that was impossible. The Abyssal Horror was a creature acclimated to the extremely cold environment of space. It was impossible to create a chill colder than the temperature of space.

Last edited:
I think it's just attack reflection that is shown through the shield (basically them magic/spell).

Idk on type 4 since this is a game world and having another account won't it be basically another character and not the old one? Also, won't this mean that they can create multiple accounts? Not sure, maybe await another knowledgeable user.

Type 8 works.

Won't comment on the tiering since I don't know what the reason for the tier and the like.

Nigh-Omniscience but just within the Underworld I think as it seems to focus there - I don't think she would know near-all things about the real world. Another thing to talk about with the other supporters.

Doesn't Kirito already has Absolute Zero?

some quick googling says outer space is 2.7 kelvin on average, and absolute zero is 0 kelvin.
So is it being vaguely colder enough to actually qualify for absolute zero when there's still 2.7 kelvin left to reach it? Or is the difference small enough to just give AZ?

The attack reflection was only because it was light, so if we do add attack reflection, just specify against light attacks only.

I don't agree with Type 8 Immortality, Type 4 alone just sounds like a better reasoning.

Quinella would not be nigh-Omniscient or Omniscient. She knows things in the Underworld, but only on the planet itself, not anything beyond. She didn't know anything about the Abyssal Horror or other monsters from the beyond. It's also stated that "interstellar travel" only consists of traveling to nearby planets at best, so even Star King and Star Queen wouldn't know what's beyond. Hard no on the Omniscient business.

And again, the Underworld is still virtual and takes up space. It's more like Minecraft in this case; there's only as much room as there is that's generated. We don't know how much of the universe is explored, and for all we know it's only within the solar system. Thus universal range shouldn't be a factor here.

And finally, no need to add Absolute Zero/Resistance Negation. All Kirito did there was just freeze at a temperature the Abyssal Horror wasn't used to, which is already expressed in the profile.

Last edited:
And finally, no need to add Absolute Zero/Resistance Negation. All Kirito did there was just freeze at a temperature the Abyssal Horror wasn't used to, which is already expressed in the profile.
Umm... I'm having trouble finding this part
Edit: Can he at least have Durability Negation?

Last edited:
Disagreed on Type 4 Immortality, but Type 8 does seem to be legit.

I heavily disagree with giving Kirito Absolute Zero since there's no evidence of that. Freezing something that flies in space does mean his Ice is extremely cold, but that's not enogh evidence for AZ.

Agreed on everything else.

I'm actually the opposite. There's more evidence for type 4 than for type 8 imo.

We've seen time and time again that you don't need to destroy someone's Fluctlight to kill them; you just need to drop their Life to 0 as usual (unless, y'know, they use Incarnation to live a bit longer).

Meanwhile, iirc type 4 immortality is reincarnation/resurrection immortality, which fits. It's stated and even shown that the characters (specifically PoH and Gabriel) can simply log back into the Underworld after they die via a completely different account. PoH came back using his SAO avatar and Gabriel came back using his GGO avatar. Even if they died traditionally then, they still can just log in as basic humans in the Underworld; their appearance and stats would just be different every time.

Though this should only apply to people using STLs and the villains though, since people not using STLs only had their one account transferred into the Underworld, and only the villains had access to logging into multiple accounts.

Attack Reflection & Shield Creation for Human Realm Arc Kirito:
I mean like, it's only a sheet of metal. Sure it does in fact reflect lasers but I doubt it's really that practical so... technically not wrong?
Since we know the stars were real, I say we remove the possibly 4-B with just a solid 4-B
You know, here's the thing about that... Like, I know the existence of stars in general is proven, but, I don't remember if the quotes actually say it is stars being absorbed as opposed to the hope of the people forming stars in metaphor. The anime definitely didn't see any celestial bodies being pulled down into his blade.

The rest I think is already addressed

Last edited:
I hope this is not too late to add something but can Subtilizer get Nonexistent Physiology (Likely Type 1) and Void Manipulation (via his Void Blade)? And Kirito should gain Resistance to Void Manipulation therefore as well?

No, it wasn’t right to describe him as having an air. All that existed
before me was a patch of nothing. A black hole devouring all
information, from which not even a sliver of light could escape.

The void filling the inside of the enemy was like a black hole, but
my own body was also swirling with a gargantuan, gleaming
galaxy created with the prayers of each and every human being.

Also, what are the conclusions here so far?

I disagree with universal range cause the underworld size is unknown, neutral on the rest until further discussion

Also, what are the conclusions here so far?
Attack Refelection seems fine. We’re still trying to agree on whether Immortality Type 4 or Type 8 is more reasonable. Universal Range and Nigh-Omniscience has been accepted by some people and rejected by some people. Absolute Zero looks like it got rejected so it can be replaced by Enhanced Ice Manipulation or just simply All previous abilities enhanced for their Star King and Star Queen key. The removal of possibly 4-B has been barely discussed at all.

Last edited:
Okay. Please elaborate regarding the arguments for and against.

I straight up forgot why Kirito was 4B in the first place. Universe shaking right? If I recall that was totally metaphorical, and like, the people on the surface of the planet didn't feel a thing.

I straight up forgot why Kirito was 4B in the first place. Universe shaking right? If I recall that was totally metaphorical, and like, the people on the surface of the planet didn't feel a thing.
First of all, Kirito is 4-B for absorbing stars, the universe shaking is a completely different feat for another key. Second, we're literally told of the spaceship being very blatantly affected, so saying it didn't shook anything at all is completely incorrect. Third, this statement comes from different characters and the narration, so it isn't one time thing, but something that's hammered across the scene.

Ah, I see. Idk anything about SAO I'm just going off of what I've been told. The absorbing star thing was with his fight against Gabirel or whatever, when people were doing a Spirit Bomb for kiri basically?

Never mind. I suppose that the OP seems fairly uncontroversial, if knowledgeable members for the verse agree.

However, are you certain that the stars in this in-universe virtual reality game are actually as large in relation to the characters as in our world?

Never mind. I suppose that the OP seems fairly uncontroversial, if knowledgeable members for the verse agree.

However, are you certain that the stars in this in-universe virtual reality game are actually as large in relation to the characters as in our world?
I'm not well versed in the series, but i vaguely remember that the "stars" is just palm sized, created from the game residents wish, there are only 2 true celestial body in the sky which i forgot the name already, that why i disagree with Universal Range cause i'm not sure the "universe" in-game is even actually Solar System size or not, and most of the game character don't have actual knowledge of what is universe, they are not even developed to our real life science to comprehend the universe; the persons could actual understand the universe is Kirito and his.......friends, but none of them made any comment about universe shaking. That is a reason i still confused why Kirito is in tier 4, but well his profile is already made and being agreed, also this is not related to this CRT goal, so i'm just place my opinion here, nothing aggressive. Also like i said i'm not well versed in this verse, so i'm fine with you taking my comment as a grain of salt.

First, Underworld is not a game, it's an alternate universe, and yes, they're real world sized, these place has literal galaxies inside of it.

I never understood why Kirito was downgraded from MFTL+ to FTL. The reasoning for him being MFTL+ is that he can outpace interstellar-faring mechadragons, which are essentially the same as some other things being MFTL+, like say the Predator's cruiseships being MFTL+ because they can travel in between star systems in extremely short periods of time.

The novels even specify that the mechadragons take 10 minutes to travel between star systems.

I never understood why Kirito was downgraded from MFTL+ to FTL. The reasoning for him being MFTL+ is that he can outpace interstellar-faring mechadragons, which are essentially the same as some other things being MFTL+, like say the Predator's cruiseships being MFTL+ because they can travel in between star systems in extremely short periods of time.

The novels even specify that the mechadragons take 10 minutes to travel between star systems.
Stars = Planets in this case

I'm confused, underworld people can't comprehend the universe, they just think the planet in the sky as star, it is not interstellar travel, it is interplanet at best. The universe is also confused, it hardly even Solar System sized, and the Milky Way thing could just be an image printing in the sky rather than an actual galaxy, even though the "game" could be alternative universe, it still a simulation

the Milky Way thing could just be an image printing in the sky rather than an actual galaxy
It's not even something he sees in the sky, Star King Kirito zooms out to see the outer boders of space and sees a galaxy he directly compares to the Milky Way, so this argument is both wrong and completely ignoring the scene in question.

It's not even something he sees in the sky, Star King Kirito zooms out to see the outer boders of space and sees a galaxy he directly compares to the Milky Way, so this argument is both wrong and completely ignoring the scene in question.
Hum, alright, fair enough, just pointing out some of my opinion, thank you for the informations

Back