• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Supporter memberships that are free from advertisements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
We have launched a subscription service, so our members can donate to help keep our forum sufficiently financed to continue.

To become an active supporter of our community, you can go to https://ko-fi.com/vsbattleswiki and become a monthly member or make a one-time donation.

To show our appreciation for those helping our community in this manner, they will receive an advertisement-free experience when browsing vsbattles.com as long as they continue to support us, and they will also receive personal blue "Supporter" badges below their usernames, similar to the ones for our staff members

In order to do so, at Ko-fi, please choose one of the monthly subscription/membership tiers (either 2 Euros for a "Supporter" badge or 5 Euros for a "Super Supporter" badge) and input the same email you use for the VS Battles forum. We will not receive your payment information through Ko-fi, only your email and membership tier.

Alternatively, you can submit a one-time donation of 20 Euros or 50 Euros (for the Supporter or Super Supporter tier respectively), and we will add you to the ad-free tier for one year. However, it is very important that you write your VS Battles forum username in the message, so we know who should receive a membership badge. Also, please do not submit any personal information (such as your real name) when doing so.

If you want to support us above this to get us financially sustainable quicker, you are of course always welcome to make a larger donation, but be careful to not pay more money than you can afford.

For those who cannot support us financially, we of course appreciate if you accept our advertisements and contribute to the financing of our forum in that way instead.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Supporter.jpg

Important note:

We have started a new thread for this topic, and abandoned Ko-fi in favour of Patreon. Please go here instead if you are willing to financially help us out:

Last edited:
If some experienced members know of further useful instructions regarding Ko-fi, feel free to share them with me and others.

Last edited:
Hmmm... Ko-Fi usually takes paypal. Is that deactivated in this case due to the privacy concerns?
From what I have been told, it works like Patreon, in that the personal PayPal information is not displayed, either for my friend who owns this forum or the people paying.

Nice!

But little question:

What could happen if the forum doesn't get enough money? could it be shut down or something?
We get some money from advertisements, and my friend technically has enough money to pay for the remaining expenses, as a favour to myself, but it is still much better if we break even or make a small profit.

Again, please be careful to only use your regular usernames here when you donate, not your real names.

Me and AKM have to handle that manually, so it is not an automatic effect. We will simply check who have contributed (such as yourself) every few days, and then give them a supporter or super supporter badge that lets them view the forum without advertisements. We are also new at this, so we are not used to it yet.

I am currently waiting for AKM to get some free time to give you and Stefano your badges. He understands how to handle the technical parts of this forum better than I do.

Also, just a mention that our staff members should automatically not see any advertisements in this forum, as thanks for that they help us out so much.

If this does not work as intended, they should message me and/or AKM about the error.

I think you might have to create a Ko-fi account to use PayPal.

However, as I keep saying, you have likely been the member who has been most crucial over the years for building the foundations of this community, with the exception of myself, and staff members are automatically free from advertisements anyway. You definitely shouldn't pay us as well.

Once I find a way to anonymously contribute, in that only my pseudonym is used I'll pitch in.

Thank you for the help. As stated in the first message, we (me and AKM) can only see the username that you choose when signing up to Ko-fi and the email address that you submitted (which should preferably be the same one that you use here), not any PayPal or other payment information. Also, your email is not publicly visible, only your self-selected username.

I think you might have to create a Ko-fi account to use PayPal.

However, as I keep saying, you have likely been the member who has been most crucial over the years for building the foundations of this community, with the exception of myself, and staff members are automatically free from advertisements anyway. You definitely shouldn't pay us as well.
Hmmm... setting up an account didn't help.
Well, if it is a problem only I am having it probably doesn't matter for the few euros I would have pitched in.
(I'm thankful as usual that you appreciate my work when I manage to do it)

Okay. Thank you for the reply. So did you use PayPal or not?

Hmm. That is a problem. We were informed that PayPal was available for Ko-fi. I will check it up. I apologise for any problems that this may cause.

In worst case we may have to switch to Patreon instead. They accept PayPal. You and any others who have paid via Ko-fi will obviously still receive your Supporter memberships though.

AKM has applied your supporter badges now at least. Again, my apologies for the bumpy road here.

it won't take my money, this is maddening

it won't take my money, this is maddening
That is very unfortunate. It seems like Ko-fi only accepts card payments (presumably Mastercard and VISA). I have talked with my friend who set up the Ko-fi account about adding Patreon as an alternative as well, so our members can use anonymous PayPal payments via that service, and he seems interested so far.
I just made a 50 euro payment.
A great website deserves great support.
(y)
Here's to a bright future.
Thank you very much for helping out. It is very appreciated.

I will tell AKM sama to give you a one-year Super Supporter badge.

That is very unfortunate. It seems like Ko-fi only accepts card payments (presumably Mastercard and VISA). I have talked with my friend who set up the Ko-fi account about adding Patreon as an alternative as well, so our members can use anonymous PayPal payments via that service, and he seems interested so far.
Oh, no, I actually tried via Mastercard. I think the issue is on my end, as my bank tends to lose its mind when handling anything that isn't USD. I've had similar issues when trying to support things from, for example, Sweden.

Hmm. It really seems like we need to set up a Patreon account as well then. I have never had a problem with supporting creators there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back