• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DCAU - Superman Revisions

Here's what I had planned.

Superman​

Speed Upgrade​

Superman can consistently exit and re-enter the Earth's atmosphere under his own power. For example, he casually saves a space shuttle in In Brightest Day...

Also, he should get Massively FTL+ in space for very quickly pushing a ship to a nearby star system in Absolute Power. But he needs a spacesuit to perform long-distance feats.

Meteor Feat​

The meteor that Superman stopped is probably way more impressive than what was calculated (in a deleted tweet, so I'm disregarding the numbers). It's explicitly stated that all 10 million inhabitants of Metropolis would be killed.
  • Hardcastle: If we lose, that asteroid will hit Metropolis in a matter of hours. Ten million lives will be wiped out instantly.
The shockwave of a nuke can actually be compared to a meteor impact, though not exactly. Using the population density of NYC (the alternative was the size of Lahore), which is the most population dense city in the United States, gets 210 megatons even if we shave off over 150 square kilometres.

A problem with both this and the old calculation is that it doesn't account for the fact that Superman was diverting this asteroid by a few degrees rather than overpowering its kinetic energy. Fortunately there's a formula for this. Let's assume he diverts it 0.2 degrees every second.

sin(0.2)*11 = 2.18536263875 km/s.

This ratio doesn't change no matter what speed the meteor is moving at, so the feat will always be 5.03348954767x slower.

Watchtower​

Where's it stated to be comparable to a high-yield nuke? Martian Manhunter calls it 'a gun with the punch of a small nuclear weapon.'

It's worth noting that the blast Superman was hit by is much more powerful than this, since it was a single blast that depowered the Watchtower, whereas the blast Martian Manhunter refers to took time to depower the station. However, Superman also doesn't have the necessary surface area to withstand the full impact and was only hit by the fringes of the blast's power-up.

Kryptonite Warheads​

Batman's radiograph lists the Cadmus' missile as an MX-777 thermonuclear weapon with a liquid Kryptonite warhead. MX is actually an old classification for the LGM-118 Peacekeeper, which has been armed with warheads in the hundreds of kilotons range.

That's supporting evidence, for sure, but doesn't seem to be Small City level.

But could liquid Kryptonite be a better material for fission than uranium or plutonium? I'm not sure, but it took years to give Lex Luthor radiation poisoning.

When Luthor fired the cannon Jonn had also attempted to dismantle the cannon from the control panel, remember the computer saying it drew from emergency power to bypass that but I could be wrong

Yes on the speed upgrade.

At the very least, his current AP feats need a big revision.

MoYes on the speed upgrade.

At the very least, his current AP feats need a big revision.
So, 210 Megaton AP and MFTL+ Travel Speed.

Attack Potency: Mountain Level (Redirected Promethean's Asteroid) | Continent Level (Overpowered Doomsday, who withstood this) | Moon level+ (His power should be comparable to his durability)

Durability: Mountain Level (Took hits from Darkseid, who can overpower him.) | Continent Level (Withstood a brutal beating from Doomsday, who scales above his durability.) | Moon level+

Speed: MFTL+
flight speed with Relavistic combat and reactions (Capable of keeping up and reacting to a holding-back Flash. Fought with Wonder Woman, who could react this fast.)

Anything missed?

He shouldn't scale to the full asteroid value.

Also, shouldn't the volcano be divided by surface area? Doomsday isn't that much larger than a human, so he wouldn't take the full energy.

He shouldn't scale to the full asteroid value.

Also, shouldn't the volcano be divided by surface area? Doomsday isn't that much larger than a human, so he wouldn't take the full energy.
Surface area, as I've been told, should only be applied if the character was some distance away from the explosion, they take the full brunt of it if they're right in the middle of it.

I used explosion as a generic term, it applies to something like this as well.

The ejection is about the size of the volcano's crater. So we can use that as a reference.

It's true that they were in the epicentre, but the volcano's ejection and magma chamber itself is still way larger than them to begin with. It's not comparable to a conventional explosion.

Last edited:
Okay, let me quickly calc that then, using a screenshot of the Justice Lord Superman and Doomsday face to face.

86 px for Supes (190.5 cm)

160 for Doomsday = 354.418605 cm

Using the OG Doomsday as reference, he was 2.1336 meters tall and weighed 279 kg

Square cube law: (3.54418605/2.1336)^3x279 = 1278.83564 kg

As per the surface body calculator, that equates anywhere from 10.435 to 11.649 m2, median for a mid-end would be 11.042.

Formula is here

The eruption resulted in 1.7992796994125E+15 tons of tnt

(1799279699412547.8 Tons of TNT) / (4π((0m)^2)) results in all those tons being divided by zero, so no result really.

Let's use 0.5 m so we're not stuck with nothing.

That leaves us with 5.72728516e14 tons of tnt per m2 x 10.435 = 5.97642206e15 J

" x 11.042 = 6.32406827e15 J

" x 11.649 = 6.67171448e15 J

All Small City level results

What I meant is that we can use cross-sectional area of the volcano's opening, as that's where the ejection comes out.

Say the hole is a circle 90 metres across, or 6361.72512352 m2, then the result is 3.1229967e+12 Tons of TNT.

It's definitely bigger than 90 m if we use my calc as reference, but the eruption goes way beyond the volcano's opening anyway, it nearly expands the whole island.

It's definitely bigger than 90 m if we use my calc as reference, but the eruption goes way beyond the volcano's opening anyway, it nearly expands the whole island.
But they were inside the volcano itself. So when they were hit, it was only that large.

"They"? Only Doomsday was inside the volcano, and he was hit by pretty much all of it.

I was misremembering the clip a little.

As for Doomsday getting hit by pretty much all of it, absolutely not. Even if he was right in the middle (he wasn't, and eruptions also start from underground chambers), the flow itself is still way larger than him well after he's thrown in, especially when it breaks the caldera. Like how would he be in 3 places at once to withstand the 3 individual flows, let alone the entire volcano?

This is like scaling an ant to a nuclear explosion because it's on the casing.

I think the surface area of the caldera itself (as a circle or ellipse with the base as the width because it punched through the base) makes the most sense.

Last edited:
I want to ask, and sorry in advance if it's a stupid question, but I seem to recall in the Warworld episodes there's a weapon meant to destroy the champion's home planet, and Hawkgirl is able to block the shot with her mace. I have to ask, is that a usable feat at all, or am I remembering wrong? I only saw it once and was half asleep at the time, so I could be. But if it's a viable feat it could be significant, so I'm asking. Sorry in advance for any derailment.

I want to ask, and sorry in advance if it's a stupid question, but I seem to recall in the Warworld episodes there's a weapon meant to destroy the champion's home planet, and Hawkgirl is able to block the shot with her mace. I have to ask, is that a usable feat at all, or am I remembering wrong? I only saw it once and was half asleep at the time, so I could be. But if it's a viable feat it could be significant, so I'm asking. Sorry in advance for any derailment.
Big outlier creates a lot of scaling problems regarding what characters who have tanked getting hit by it and other Nth Metal Maces are actually capable of. Just as an example, Lex in his warsuit has repeatedly taken hits from Hawkgirls mace, and he's nowhere near that.

Big outlier creates a lot of scaling problems regarding what characters who have tanked getting hit by it and other Nth Metal Maces are actually capable of. Just as an example, Lex in his warsuit has repeatedly taken hits from Hawkgirls mace, and he's nowhere near that.
Fair enough. I just thought it was worth bringing up. Apologies for any derailment.

No problem man it's good to ask questions and bring this kinda stuff up if you're curious about it. : D
I have to ask, are we sure Hawkgirl's feat with the big weapon wouldn't just scale to the characters who compare? It's not as if planet level power is outlandish for the primary versions of those same characters after all. Just a question, sorry again for any derailment.

As for Doomsday getting hit by pretty much all of it, absolutely not. Even if he was right in the middle (he wasn't, and eruptions also start from underground chambers), the flow itself is still way larger than him well after he's thrown in, especially when it breaks the caldera. Like how would he be in 3 places at once to withstand the 3 individual flows, let alone the entire volcano?
Obviously the eruption is bigger, but the eruption happened as soon as he hit the lava, not when he reached the chamber. And he was still in there when the eruption got worse.

I think the surface area of the caldera itself (as a circle or ellipse with the base as the width because it punched through the base) makes the most sense.
I've never seen anyone go that far for a calc like this tbh, doesn't seem necessary. I'm not entirely sure what you want me to calculate, the top of the volcano all the way down to the magma chamber which is probably several km down? Unsure.

The eruption was happening anyway, and they were running on an extremely short schedule, so I'm pretty sure it's just convenient timing on Superman's part, especially since the eruption happened many seconds after Doomsday's splash. Also, the entire volcano exploded in areas Doomsday couldn't possibly be.

Say the caldera is 1 km in width, you can calculate the cross-section of the lava as a circle.

Couldn't she have held back/been more careful against weaker characters? The heroes have a no kill rule afterall.
RCO017_1641422348.jpg

I haven't red JL Infinity, but @Fastestthingalive50 brought this up to me.

Couldn't she have held back/been more careful against weaker characters? The heroes have a no kill rule afterall.
Yeah but then we have an entire lantern corp w/ bloodlust claiming they'd "take out half the planet" if they all attempted to try and kill A.M.A.Z.O. and there's also JLU Superman being rendered unconscious from being glanced by the Watchtowers space weapon. Speaking of their space weapon getting a calc on that crater it left would probably be helpful to have if it hasn't been done already.

Also, the entire volcano exploded in areas Doomsday couldn't possibly be.
I've never seen anyone in any similar calc bring this up, as I've said. You can discuss it with KLOL if you want, he says being at the epicenter is more than enough.

I was planning to calculate that sooner or later, so I could do it today if nobody else wants to.

Building level? Whoever did that calculation must've been on something, that entire crater is way larger than that Pyramid.
Yes but it's also sand and that doesn't yield results that are as high as what you'd get with rock and tougher materials.

Wouldn't the fact that it created a non moving crater there change that?

Back