• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Super Mario Bros. Hax CRT: Power Stars + Emotions and Manipulation

For one, it's pretty straightforward, but Power Stars can frequently take you out of the dimensions in the paintings and walls upon collecting them. This should be Dimensional Travel and grant a resistance to BFR.
Seems a little like game mechanics, but I guess dimensional travel is fine if we assume that collecting stars is the only "canon" way that Mario leaves the painting worlds. There's also the Wing Cap place that Mario can warp to with enough stars, which supports this. No resistance to BFR though, since that would mean the Power Stars can prevent being forcibly teleported rather than just teleporting back.

Speaking of BFR and ways to resist it, a Power Star's magic also helped Kamella teleport around

And speaking of Kamella, the Power Star would also have the abilities in her boss fight listed, which includes fire manipulation, summoning, and creating barriers, otherwise known as Forcefield Creation.
I don't see why we'd attribute these abilities to the Power Star. It's more likely that Kamella can perform these abilities and uses the Power Star to amplify her powers, which the stars have been shown to do beforehand.

Another ability I want to talk about the possibility of is Power Nullification.

For one, Power Stars are stated and shown to be able to undo the seals Bowser has put on the doors of the castle, and collecting them all allowed Peach and her staff to have their seals lifted as well.
I believe this has been brought up in an ongoing thread? I'm fine with Power Null/Negation of other Power Star abilities btw, just that it's already being discussed elsewhere.

Secondly, in Mario Galaxy, while it might be headcanon and can't be directly proven Comets are related to Power Stars, what IS a fact is that retrieving the Power Star of a Comet will undo it's effects, such as the Daredevil Comets which reduce Mario's health down to a single hit point and negates any healing items or health restoration as well as 1-Ups I can look for more support from the guides later where I believe they back this part up.
I'd like to see the supporting evidence for this.

Lol

Anyways the healing stuff doesn't have to be applied anymore it's already accepted.

Mainly the emotion hax stuff is what I want to get applied now. I think Bowser's resistance is pretty evident

P sure most of these or at least a decent amount are already applied

also to answer your question despite the emotions hitting mario it doesnt make him stop fighting. Sure the emotions show but also mario can still function
Being able to function when feeling strong negative emotions is not a resistance

Then how does literally anyone get such a resistance? In other verses emotions incapacitate someone if they're strong enough. I don't get why this wouldn't allow him to resist that

Then how does literally anyone get such a resistance? In other verses emotions incapacitate someone if they're strong enough. I don't get why this wouldn't allow him to resist that
If they resist their emotions being controlled. I don't know a single character who gets resistance because they can fight under strong negative emotions, something regular humans can do. Other verses have emotions incapacitating someone if they're strong enough is completely irrelevant, you can't assume the emotion manipulation Mario is affected by is enough to incap a person without evidence

Well, let's ask this then: What feats do the emotion powers have? What do they do to other beings?
Do fodders &/or other characters stop fighting under their influences? What do they do?
What does being unmotivated do to Mario? I mean, lacking the motivation to fight seems like some sort of incapacitation, since that's the inducement of something SBA prevents so that Versus Threads don't just have participants give up or such.

Last edited:
Back